FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/19 DLC - Phoenix, Tom Petty, and Silvertide!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JCirri  
 




Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 4534
Location: Baltimore, MD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: 1/19 DLC - Phoenix, Tom Petty, and Silvertide! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Jan. 19) and PlayStation 3 system (Jan. 21):


(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 02” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with a “+” are also available in the family-friendly LEGO Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 02”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
kotoco  
 




Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmonix fails again :C
I'm tired of country dlc, damn... I know that some people like it, but it makes some time with a good dlc. I think the last was SlipKnoT pack.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anonymous_25  
 




Joined: 01 Jan 1970
Posts: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sokushi  
 




Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 599
Location: PA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kotoco wrote:
Harmonix fails again :C
I'm tired of country dlc, damn... I know that some people like it, but it makes some time with a good dlc. I think the last was SlipKnoT pack.


Umm... what?

Anyways, this week was much better than last, at least for the drum charts as I haven't played too much on the other instruments. I now know who sings Blue Jeans. That song would always play on the radio, but I never knew the band name. And how have I never heard of Phoenix! I'll definitely be checking out more of their stuff. Lisztomania is one of the better drum charts I've played in this game too. The Tom Petty songs were pretty bland to me, but the other non-Petty songs more than made up for it and made it a great week of DLC overall.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: the sokushi PSN Name: sokushi
kotoco  
 




Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sokushi wrote:
kotoco wrote:
Harmonix fails again :C
I'm tired of country dlc, damn... I know that some people like it, but it makes some time with a good dlc. I think the last was SlipKnoT pack.


Umm... what?

Anyways, this week was much better than last, at least for the drum charts as I haven't played too much on the other instruments. I now know who sings Blue Jeans. That song would always play on the radio, but I never knew the band name. And how have I never heard of Phoenix! I'll definitely be checking out more of their stuff. Lisztomania is one of the better drum charts I've played in this game too. The Tom Petty songs were pretty bland to me, but the other non-Petty songs more than made up for it and made it a great week of DLC overall.


As far as I know, tom petty plays country music :P
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
psymatiq  
 




Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 642
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phoenix songs are awsome... i hate 1901 by now tho, 15 times in a row trying to beat the first place and i keep being 400 point short <.< grr.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: H2O Psy PSN Name: Psym
dore  
 




Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Posts: 1244
Location: Boone, NC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southern rock =/= country, if you even want to call Tom Petty southern rock
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: teh dore sauce
Manalore  
 




Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 266
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
southern rock =/= country, if you even want to call Tom Petty southern rock


I'm sorry but Southern Rock = Rock with Country.
_________________
Expert Drums - Former Drummer of "Selfish Camel"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Heyiro
Azuarc  
 




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 1389
Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except Petty isn't even Southern Rock. He's pretty typical late 80's/early 90's rock, right before alternative came around. Maybe his general style is laidback rather than aggressive, but would you then also call Weezer and Sublime country?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Azuarc
suspectfenster  
 




Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Posts: 1771
Location: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy a whole lot of RB DLC but those Phoenix songs are a must-have in my book. Love the band and the charts look decently fun. Consider me sold!
_________________
Play TF2? No? What the hell is wrong with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: suspectfenster
blingdomepiece  
 




Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 4338
Location: Ottawa ON Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
Except Petty isn't even Southern Rock. He's pretty typical late 80's/early 90's rock, right before alternative came around. Maybe his general style is laidback rather than aggressive, but would you then also call Weezer and Sublime country?


Thank you, voice of reason.
_________________
Expert Pro Keys: 50/63 GS, most recent The Killing Moon
Expert Pro Drums: 53/83 GS, most recent Free Bird / Oh My God / Oye Mi Amor
Expert Pro Bass: 6/83 GS, most recent Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message
Nuke39  
 




Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 929

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Azuarc wrote:
Except Petty isn't even Southern Rock. He's pretty typical late 80's/early 90's rock, right before alternative came around. Maybe his general style is laidback rather than aggressive, but would you then also call Weezer and Sublime country?


Thank you, voice of reason.


I believe Tom Petty's genre is referred to as "Heartland Rock" but don't worry, not gonna argue about it.

The TP&TH songs are kind of like last week. Two songs that are really great, two that are really bland, and two that are in between.
_________________
HMXHenry wrote:
The Who's Magic Bus is the first song in Rock Band about a magic bus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NavyCherub  
 




Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 3396

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phoenix songs are surprisingly awesome! Didn't think I was getting anything this week but I guess I did. =D
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Navy Cherub
lpunderground19  
 




Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Posts: 655
Location: WVU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this Petty pack better. Last time there were three I knew that I got, and three I didn't know but weren't impressed by. This time, there were only two I knew, but two of the others really impressed me. Good week I think, got four songs I really enjoyed playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Diemon Dave
bisq  
 




Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 949
Location: Phoenix, AZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also liked the Tom Petty songs...I've only played g/b but they were fun.
_________________



Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: bisq1
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Copyright © 2006-2018 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy


Powered by phpBB