FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BobDole's Guitar (Rock Band 4 58/65 before practice mode)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from someone who's tracked all of his FC's across GH and RB on all instruments and all difficulties, it is a HUGE PITA! Especially if you're trying to make it chronologically accurate as far as first FCs go.

Amazing work, btw, Dole.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
slashn0  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Coming from someone who's tracked all of his FC's across GH and RB on all instruments and all difficulties, it is a HUGE PITA! Especially if you're trying to make it chronologically accurate as far as first FCs go.

yeah I bet it is xD

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your commitment and dedication to this game is absolutely amazing.
Great job on playing all PS3 released content in your library and on achieving almost-2600 fcs.
Definitely something to be proud of.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through your list and picked out what I think you can FC. And yes, I did read the whole post.

BobDole wrote:
Green Grass and High Tides
Ride the Lightning
Working Man
Aesthetics of Hate
Two Weeks
Red Devil
Dirty Pool
Why Go
Idealistic Types
Poison
Under My Wheels (Live)
Vengeance is Mine
Conquer All
This is Exile
Pick Me Up
Best of You
(You Can Still) Rock in America
Holy WarsThe Punishment Due
Lucretia
Stigmata
Jailbreak (Live)
Shoulder to the Plow
Peace Sells
Bodhisattva
Visions
Painkiller
Stick Stickly
Packet Flier
You Aint No Family
A Drug Against War
Guitar Sound
Inno A Satana (Live)
Dark Horse
Modern Mathematics
Second Sight Blackout
We Collide
Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
Stash
Walk
On the Backs of Angels
Ghosts of Perdition
In Waves
We Built This City
Smooth
Killing in the Name
Phantom of the Opera
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Fight for Greatness
Katsushika
Curse of the Werewolf
The Battle of Lil' Slugger (Remix)
River of Glass
Turning Sheep into Goats/Systematomatic
The Space For This
Downhill
Nemesis
The Way it Ends
Heavy Weather - The Storm ov the Undead
The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix)
Diamond Eyes
Scissorlips
Feathergun in the Garden of the Sun
Desconocido
Impulse
Creatures ov Deception (RB3 Version)
Moments of Clarity
Evolutionary Sleeper
Solar Winds
Robots
The Fractal Reason

Now I don't remember a lot of these especially well, but they're ones I would say are very doable for someone better than I am, especially given that I've got several of those songs FCed myself. (The ones easy enoguh for me to have FCed are italicized.) Several include lane sections but given that you stopped calling them "troll lanes" at some point and did FC Sing, I assume you understand them to some extent now. (Scissorlips' bridge is actually a pretty good section to practice strum lanes since they're long and it's pretty easy to hit the transitions.)

Also, I might end up using this list myself to get myself more FCs and I'd hope you wouldn't want some bad bass player showing off by FCing songs you haven't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you'll be FCing the new DLC as well?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Of course!

I didn't actually hear about this new DLC thing until about a week after it happened; I bought it last weekend and then FCed all of the songs early this week. On my sightread session, I only got 1/3, a SRFC of R U Mine?, though I almost got a lucky SRFC of Shepherd of Fire too (missed in the lanes, of course). The next day I FCed the other two, both of which required a little bit of practice. I had two "oh that song" moments with this DLC, recognizing both Something From Nothing and Shepherd of Fire from hearing them on the radio. Only R U Mine? was totally new to my ears, and to be honest, I've already forgotten what it sounds like.

New FCs:

Rock Band 3 DLC:

529. R U Mine?
530. Something From Nothing
531. Shepherd of Fire

Still -50 overall in this category (581 total songs). Also I'm now at 2598 Rock Band FCs so hopefully I can reach 2600 the next time they decide to release some DLC (or maybe before, who knows...I'm certainly not "maxed out" on the old stuff).

Videos:

Something From Nothing
Shepherd of Fire
Shepherd of Fire sightread of the solo

I made a video of R U Mine? too, but deleted it because it's boring/easy (it actually does have a trill lane, but still). In the sightread video you can hear my annoyed reaction to the presence of strum lanes in the chart. Speaking of lanes I should note that Something From Nothing has none of them...it's a bit tricky, but it's all legit difficulty in that one.

slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
Quote:

Of course!

I didn't actually hear about this new DLC thing until about a week after it happened; I bought it last weekend and then FCed all of the songs early this week. On my sightread session, I only got 1/3, a SRFC of R U Mine?, though I almost got a lucky SRFC of Shepherd of Fire too (missed in the lanes, of course). The next day I FCed the other two, both of which required a little bit of practice. I had two "oh that song" moments with this DLC, recognizing both Something From Nothing and Shepherd of Fire from hearing them on the radio. Only R U Mine? was totally new to my ears, and to be honest, I've already forgotten what it sounds like.

New FCs:

Rock Band 3 DLC:

529. R U Mine?
530. Something From Nothing
531. Shepherd of Fire

Still -50 overall in this category (581 total songs). Also I'm now at 2598 Rock Band FCs so hopefully I can reach 2600 the next time they decide to release some DLC (or maybe before, who knows...I'm certainly not "maxed out" on the old stuff).

Videos:

Something From Nothing
Shepherd of Fire
Shepherd of Fire sightread of the solo

I made a video of R U Mine? too, but deleted it because it's boring/easy (it actually does have a trill lane, but still). In the sightread video you can hear my annoyed reaction to the presence of strum lanes in the chart. Speaking of lanes I should note that Something From Nothing has none of them...it's a bit tricky, but it's all legit difficulty in that one.

Only difficult one for me was Shepherd of Fire, which I managed to get the 1st ever guitar FC of :P I 100% overstrummed it on my sightread, FC'd it 20 minutes later. I'm just glad they had this random DLC release, it was cool.

I hope you get those last 2 FCs soon! :P

slashn0  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you're sitting at 2598 FCs and the new DLC consists of two songs, are you going to just FC those two to reach 2600 or do you have something else you're working on?

BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the plan, though of course it depends on the difficulty of the songs...I haven't seen or heard either of them yet. I'll probably sightread them on the weekend. I do have a few other songs I've been thinking about, so I might just get my 2600 even if I go 0/2 on the new ones.

slashn0  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
That is the plan, though of course it depends on the difficulty of the songs...I haven't seen or heard either of them yet. I'll probably sightread them on the weekend. I do have a few other songs I've been thinking about, so I might just get my 2600 even if I go 0/2 on the new ones.

Well, Back to the Shack has a weird solo, but it's not too bad, and the rest of the song is easy anyway. Rize of the Fenix is long and has a lot of easy parts, but there's some strumming. I have no doubt you can FC both of them.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New FCs:

RB3 DLC:

532. Rize of the Fenix
533. Back to the Shack

Yeah, neither song was really an issue this time, got my 2600 fairly easily. Rize of the Fenix was actually kind of annoying because it's about 6 minutes long and my game couldn't seem to make it that long without lagging...actually here's what happened. I had a stupid -1 on sightread (not in the strumming, one of those little fills) and then several consecutive runs ruined by lag misses (one in the outro), then I missed again for real while activating overdrive. I FCed on the next run, but because of what had just happened, I didn't use any overdrive at all and ended up not golding it and scoring more than 50k less than I did on sightread (which was a gold). The whole thing was pretty annoying since I didn't particularly enjoy the song; the strumming stuff was kinda fun, but there wasn't much of it, the rest of the song was boring and the song just kinda sucks IMO. Back to the Shack proved far less annoying, got it on sightread, though it's actually harder (maybe). Stupid charting in the solo made me feel like I was playing GH1. Maybe I got a little lucky, but upon looking at it a few times on video, I don't think I would have had trouble getting consistent on it anyway. Rize of the Fenix might actually be the harder song.

Back to the Shack FC, also has pic of Rize of the Fenix

BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New FCs:

534. I Still Believe

Nuisance of a song, took me two tries. Didn't bother with video or picture. It's basically just annoying high-tempo swung chord changes the whole time, with a few breaks.

And yes, I'm excited for Rock Band 4 and will almost certainly be playing it shortly after it comes out. I never thought I would be willing to buy a console just for one game, but I guess it's going to happen now.

Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome song, awesome player. I'm looking forward to RB4 as well, and one of the things I look forward to is the systematic destruction of the set list by you, sir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all from a few months ago and without practice mode, though I read that practice mode was to be added in a June update. As it's now July, I assume that the game now has practice mode. If it does, I might get back into it and actually start buying the DLC.

1. No One Like You
2. I Will Follow
3. Fever
4. The One I Love
5. Centuries
6. Cedarwood Road
7. You Make Loving Fun
8. Friday I'm In Love
9. Light Up The Night
10. V-Bomb
11. Brown Eyed Girl
12. Free Falling
13. What's Up?
14. The Impression That I Get
15. Kick It Out
16. Panama
17. All Over You
18. Tongue Tied
19. I Bet My Life
20. Spiders
21. Turn It Around
22. Short Skirt/Long Jacket
23. Your Love
24. I Miss the Misery
25. Uptown Funk
26. The Warrior
27. My God is the Sun
28. I Am Electric
29. Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo
30. Lazaretto
31. Knock Em Down
32. The Seeker
33. Mainstream Kid
34. Somebody Told Me
35. Ain't Messin 'Round
36. Little White Church
37. The Wolf
38. Violent Shiver
39. Milwaukee
40. Arabella
41. Follow You Down
42. Light the Fuse
43. Birth in Reverse
44. Albert
--------------------------------------------------broken guitar/\
--------------------------------------------------new guitar\/
45. Suspicious Minds
46. Still Into You
47. At Night in Dreams
48. The Feast and the Famine
49. Prayer
50. Hail to the King
51. A Passage to Bangkok
52. Cold Clear Light
53. Pistol Whipped
54. Recession
55. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
56. That Smell
57. Caught Up in You
58. Start A Band

The broken guitar I refer to was usable of course (I got 44 FCs with it) but it had a major problem with the blue fret...it wouldn't register very well, so I had to really jam it down to hit stuff. Very frustrating and sometimes painful on certain songs, but I wasn't just going to not play the game while I waited for my new guitar to arrive. I like the setlist (for the most part) and the tour mode was pretty fun for awhile; I couldn't stay away from it.

One thing that pisses me off about this game, besides the fact that the dev team didn't consider practice mode to be an essential feature: LANES ARE STILL BROKEN. Goddamnit I hate those things so much. I think it's telling that I basically managed to FC everything that doesn't have lanes (only exception: Dream Genie) and my best FCs at the moment (Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo, Caught Up In You, Start A Band) are all lane-free songs. Hell, I actually have FCed Caught Up In You 4 times and Start A Band 3 times...and Toys in the Attic 0 times. Why? LANES.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: