FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BobDole's Guitar (Rock Band 4 58/65 before practice mode)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well basically...the last third of the song is one massive solo. And it is messy solo charting too. Its a damn clusterfuck, chorus 2 is the hardest part imo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the last third of the song is one massive solo. And it is messy solo charting too. Its a damn clusterfuck, chorus 2 is the hardest part imo.

Played it the other day and yeah, that describes it pretty well. None of it is really all that hard individually but it's definitely hard to hit it all.

Madhouse (Live) FC...video probably tomorrow. Getting this FC was weird; it took like 10 tries but I had literally no misses in the hardest part of the song. I kept missing randomly in the riffs and only actually made it to the solo twice (dumb miss in an easy part of it the first time).

Also this puts me at a kinda cool milestone...1040/1140 RB1/2 DLC FCs. Only 100 old DLC songs escape me at this point.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Y.O.B. FC; got it in a few tries yesterday. Just kinda scrolled past it and couldn't think of any good reason why I hadn't FCed it, so I went for it and got it quickly. I'll probably have the video up tomorrow.

Also I just got myself caught up on DLC so I have several weeks worth of songs to sightread in the near future.

Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i noticed you missing a few songs on rb2... you can definitely get to at least 82.

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, that's insane. I can't even 5* BYOB
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so i noticed you missing a few songs on rb2... you can definitely get to at least 82.

I've been capable of the FGFC for awhile now, I'm just lazy about going for old FCs in general. I'll get it eventually.

Usually I wouldn't put a pass in the title, but it's honestly a better accomplishment than any of the FCs I managed this time around. I was finishing up sightreads and I was actually pretty lazy with everything; I let a lot of songs go that I can definitely FC. Mostly because I have very little tolerance for troll lanes, which there were a lot of. Anyway, on with the new FCs (with some comments):

Rock Band 3 DLC:

370. Private Eyes
371. I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
372. Maneater -these 3 songs = really boring pack; CHART THE SAX GODDAMNIT
373. Freak on a Leash
374. Frankenstein --almost FCed it on keys, dumb -1 in solo 2; the guitar FC is really easy
375. Free Ride --somewhat annoying chords and troll lanes in the solo, probably the best FC in this update (though it's still mediocre at best for me)
376. Lodi
377. Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
378. Susie Q --decent srfc, had some things that I would have expected to miss on sightread
379. Fat Lip
380. Still Waiting --surprisingly fun chords in verse, one of the more fun chordfests I've seen
381. Head Over Heels
382. Comedown --weird chordy trill near end, somewhat lucky srfc
383. Machinehead

RBN2.0:

111. Hold Me In Your Arms
112. Easy Days
113. Just A Game
114. A Prophecy (RB3 Version) --yay for getting 2 FCs off of one song (PS3 also has the old version of this song)
115. California
116. Any Other Heart
117. Estranger
118. Torture --I wanted to make fun of this song based on its name but I can't because it's actually a pretty decent song
119. Pirats 'Til We Die --has a moderately hard solo; took way too long (like 45 minutes...should have been more like 5-10)
120. Last Chance --decent srfc
121. Now or Never
122. Strangers
123. Be Right Here --weird to see back-to-back solos...by that I mean there is literally NO break between solo 1 and solo 2 in this song--the box just stays there and goes back to 0%; confused me a little
124. Against the Wall
125. El Monstro --random out-of-nowhere strumming part at the end that i hit on sr
126. Hysteria
127. Africa (RB3 Version) --another 2-for-1 deal with PS3 also having the old Africa; good song but not fun on guitar
128. Real Wild Child --favorite RBN song on PS3 in a long time, is fun too despite being pretty easy
129. Foundation --terrible godawful song that I had to restart like 4 times for no real reason; kept randomly missing even though the song is extremely easy

Also it took me quite a bit of effort to pass Diachylon; solo 5C is fairly resistant to random flailing (I even failed it under OD once). I 4-starred it by the way, not even close to 5. Too much shit that's just too fast for me.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This update is the polar update opposite of last week...instead of a bunch of easy FCs of new songs, I've got a few tough FCs of old songs, with one particularly good FC as the headliner rather than a stupid pass of a stupidly hard song.

Here are the new FCs:

RB 1/2 DLC:

1042. Salute Your Solution - first try after practice, not sure how I struggled with this in the past (I had attempted this multiple times and failed to FC it)
1043. Rio - RocksterLMS on YouTube requested this FC from me literally years ago, but I had always found the combination of boring song + annoying strumming to be too much...now the strumming is relatively easy for me and I got it on the first try after a few minutes in practice
1044. War Zone - this took 4 tries; solo consists of moderately fast zigzags and an awkward strumming part
1045. Lucky Denver Mint - this took way more effort than anything else in the update and is obviously the FC I'm happiest about right now; as if the solo isn't hard enough, the chorus chords are murder; they caused me to choke the song 3 times before finally FCing (chorus has lots of and switches, which I find to be the 2 hardest 2-note chord changes in RB).
1046. Renegade - this took 3 tries; first was just a run-of-the-mill miss in the hardest part (which isn't that bad, just a somewhat awkward part in the middle of the first solo), then I had a choke after both solos (which honestly just made me laugh because of the relatively lower difficulty of the song compared to Lucky Denver Mint), and then I FCed it obviously

RBN2:

130. Slaves to Substance - remember in the last update when I mentioned that I passed up a lot of "FC-able for me" songs recently? well this was one of them; FCed this with Fourplay last night; it is somewhat tricky but it's not in any way a better FC than Lucky Denver Mint

Salute Your Solution (worst FC in this update) may not be terribly difficult, but it's still harder than anything I got last time (seriously, what's it competing with...Free Ride??)

I have videos of everything except for Slaves to Substance, which I have the following picture of:

Also Fourplay absolutely dominated every song we played last night; I have 3 FBFC videos from this session:

Prophecy (Live)
Inside the Fire
Godzilla

Salute Your Solution and the Prophecy (Live) FBFC have been uploaded, so right now my current video stock (not including a few older videos that I may or may not upload at some point) looks something like this:

B.Y.O.B. FC
Rio FC
War Zone FC
Lucky Denver Mint FC
Renegade FC
Inside the Fire FBFC
Godzilla FBFC

I'll probably alternate individual FCs with FBFCs until I run out of the later. Also I'll try to get B.Y.O.B. up soon but it's a big file (due to Vegas clipping) so it will probably require use of the computer center. Because I'm lazy I'll probably just wait until I need to go the library for research (which will be soon) since the library is like right next to the computer center.

Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work as always, Lucky Denver Mint is a fun song, and War Zone's strumming bit is an FC-killer. I was meaning to ask you; How do you keep track of everything? Do you just have a basic text list of FC's that you add to during each update? The behind-the-scenes workings of people with lots of FC's intrigues me. I find that the more songs/FC's that I have, the easier it is to lose track of things or for it to become unorganized.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two good FCs yesterday are the main focus of this update:

1047. Standing in the Shower... Thinking
1048. Pig's in Zen

Standing in the Shower is a pretty good FC that I somehow got first try after only a few minutes in practice mode. Not that I haven't ever tried it before and failed, because I have, but yesterday everything just clicked with that song. Strummed every note in the hard part by the way (I hate using hammer-ons in strumming and the No One Like You method wasn't working for some reason).

Pig's in Zen took a few tries and was pretty annoying, but it isn't harder than Standing in the Shower. Just less fun to play and more annoying to grind. Once again, I strummed everything in the hard part.

Also forgot to mention it last time but I strummed everything in Lucky Denver Mint's solo too (actually I did use that one red hammer-on at the very end that transitions back to the chorus, but I'm not sure if that note is even in the solo or not).

In addition to the good FCs I got yesterday, I sightread the new songs today. FCed everything with no practicing; very very easy week for RB DLC.

Rock Band 3 DLC:

384. Alone
385. To Be With You
386. Every Rose Has Its Thorn
387. Never Gonna Give You Up

RBN2:

131. My Only Star
132. 30 Lives
133. So Let Us Create
134. Potential for Anything
135. All I Want Is You

Yeah. There's really nothing to say except that All I Want Is You is a great song that I encourage people to buy. Also My Only Star is one of those rare easy Amberian Dawn songs (it actually has a solo, but it's really easy).

Quote:
How do you keep track of everything?

To answer this question, I present to you the following pictures:

The first one shows my database of songs; it is a checklist of every song ordered by release and sorted into categories (new songs are added as they release; obviously I only include PS3 songs so the 360-only RBN stuff isn't recorded). As you can probably guess, I have similar databases for Guitar Hero and Rock Revolution (the RR one is tiny obviously). The second one is my "FC Progress" database, which tracks my totals in each category and my overall totals for Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Rock Revolution, and everything together.

Yusuke  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always impressed with the FCs that you pull out in this thread Bob. You always were a spectacular guitar player, and this thread solidifies that fact.

Just wanted to point out on your complaint on the Hall and Oates songs: The sax is on keys :P

BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just wanted to point out on your complaint on the Hall and Oates songs: The sax is on keys :P

Oh is it? That makes me happy...I must play those charts. I actually remember thinking "I'm going to play the keys charts and see if they put it there" but by the time I finished sightreading everything I totally forgot about doing that.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention before, but I'm getting somewhat close to a Nothing's Shocking FAFC, which would be pretty cool. I'm missing 2 songs right now: Ocean Size and Had a Dad. Both are FC-able for me, but will take work. Ocean Size isn't terribly difficult technically speaking, but it attacks my weaknesses a little bit. Had a Dad has one really weird part that I've been having trouble wrapping my head around (I can hit it, but no consistency); once I figure that part out I should be able to get it. This may or may not be a project for me in the near future; the main reason for the uncertainty is that I really don't like Jane's Addiction that much, so I don't know how much tolerance I'm going to have for grinding their songs. I'm also definitely going to continue working my way through the old songs and grabbing some FCs that I couldn't get before (this is how I've been getting all of these recent old song FCs).

TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I thought I was the only one with intense organizing skills. You're a lot more organized than me! Also gogo Nothing's Shocking FAFC.

Were you watching me stream the other day? I decided to play the harder songs of that album the other day. I was wondering if that reminded you to go play it. But then again what reminded me to go play it was last week's DLC had a song that ended with Zen. Maybe that's what got you to go play it as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocean Size is easy. You should be able to get it without too much trouble.
I would say Had a Dad is the third hardest song after Standing in the Shower & Idiots Rule (true story...on rb2 I have more trouble with the 2nd solo than the 3rd haha).

But nice job on standing in the shower...I have a lot of trouble with that whenever I play it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That... wow. My first time visiting this thread, and that is a LOT of FC's. Incredible work.

Fourplay is definitely lucky to have you on board.

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments everybody. Specific replies:

Quote:
Were you watching me stream the other day? I decided to play the harder songs of that album the other day. I was wondering if that reminded you to go play it. But then again what reminded me to go play it was last week's DLC had a song that ended with Zen. Maybe that's what got you to go play it as well.

I wasn't, but I do watch you stream occasionally (usually when I happen to see your YouTube announcement videos). Everything's Zen (which I haven't FCed but have 100% overstrummed...damn troll lanes) actually did remind me of Pig's in Zen, but really it was just because I've been going down the list and trying to fill in some of the more glaring holes (as in the easiest songs I haven't FCed; I'm generally ignoring songs like Blackened and Sleepwalker and other shit like that I know I don't have a chance in hell of getting at my current skill level).

Quote:
Ocean Size is easy. You should be able to get it without too much trouble.
I would say Had a Dad is the third hardest song after Standing in the Shower & Idiots Rule (true story...on rb2 I have more trouble with the 2nd solo than the 3rd haha).

I worked on Had a Dad for awhile yesterday, and I think my main problem with it is just getting comfortable with the dramatic speed changes in the last part of the second solo. It actually ranges about 10 NPS...I calculated it out and the fastest bursts are in the 19-20 NPS area (the at the end is 20.8), with the normal-speed stuff being around 13.5-14 and the slower stuff being a bit under 10. It's the quick changes between those speeds that makes it hard. Also the strumming at the beginning of that solo is somewhat annoying.

Ocean Size I've decided to brush off for now...once I get Had a Dad that will put a huge incentive on getting Ocean Size to close the deal on the album.

Only new FC to report is My Old School, which I got yesterday. It has no real hard parts, but more "miss points" than you can count. Always gotta be on your toes playing that song. It is my 1049th Rock Band 1/2 DLC FC (out of 1140 total). I'm considering posting my personal un-FCed lists again soon because I'm really happy about getting the number of un-FCed "old DLC" down to double digits (I was happy about getting it to 1000 not too long ago...didn't think I would get almost 50 more than that so quickly).

Also I FCed Scenes from an Italian Restaurant on keys just for fun (not that this counts for anything or is even particularly impressive, I just thought I'd mention it). Thought it was funny that the guitar part is actually harder than keys (I sightread FCed guitar, but I remember feeling like it was a very lucky sightread as it was a fairly tricky chart in spots).

Finally, status of video supply:

B.Y.O.B. FC
Lucky Denver Mint FC
Renegade FC
Inside the Fire FBFC
Godzilla FBFC
Standing in the Shower... Thinking FC
Pig's in Zen FC
My Old School FC
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant keys FC

Everything not in the list that was there before has been uploaded already. I don't feel like posting any links but if you want to see any of them you should be able to find them easily on my YouTube channel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29

Jump to: