FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BobDole's Guitar (Rock Band 4 58/65 before practice mode)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great job on the TMC SR. That one strumming part at about 30-40% kept me from the FC for awhile.

And great job with your other FCs!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Update for the 18 new FCs I got today, 16 DLC and 2 ACDC. List below:

ACDC (these two were done after Ooby Dooby and before N.I.B.):

3. Back in Black (Live)
4. Fire Your Guns (Live) (fairly difficult solo here)

DLC:

70. Cups and Cakes
71. Roxanne
72. Hang You From the Heavens
73. Mean Woman Blues (very cool solo in this song)
74. Ooby Dooby (Roy Orbison is awesome; I'll probably do the rest of his pack soon)
75. N.I.B. (at first I wanted to tap on the trills but then started just one-handing them with the pinky since there's only 3 oranges on each one--on the FC run [which was the third run I believe] I tapped the very first trill and one-handed all of the others with pinky)
76. Sweet Leaf (finished the Black Sabbath pack, War Pigs was done earlier and can be found near the top of the list)
77. Master/Slave (gold-starred on the very last hold, would have restarted and checked out the optimal path had I not gold-starred)
78. Crackity Jones (this is basically an easier version of Creep's strumming, and it's really short too)
79. Zero (I love the "wanna go for a ride")
80. You've Got Another Thing Comin' (this is tier 0 on guitar how?)
81. Silver (this song is stupid; took me 4 or 5 tries though it was still very quick since the song is so short--on most if not all of my non-FC runs I only missed/overstrummed one burst [they actually have a definite rhythm in the notechart, and once you realize that they're not so hard to combo])
82. Shake (this song is very weird, though that should be expected of Count Zero; also this finished off the pack that this song was in [with Rock Rebellion and Sprode])
83. Saints of Los Angeles (I think I was a bit lucky to get all of the post-solo strumming on the first try since I suck at strumming, but I guess that just means it's not that hard)
84. Sex Type Thing
85. Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged) (again done as the camera batteries were almost done; they didn't die this time though so I got the video and can now count it)

Nothing special except for (kinda) Fire Your Guns (Live), which has a pretty tough solo (I got it on my first run today though so it can't be that hard). Also, I'm thinking of specifically targeting the Doolittle album soon mostly just because I hate everything about it and want to get it over with. Plus I think I FCed the two hardest songs from it in this set (Silver and Crackity Jones). Those are the hardest songs from it right? [By the way if they are then the album is (thankfully) really goddamn easy; I got Crackity Jones on the first try and Silver only took a few restarts--plus I hadn't played either song since I sightread them when the album was released]

BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got up to 100 DLC FCs with the following rather unimpressive FCs:

86. I Could Have Lied
87. Devour
88. Junkies For Fame
89. Who Are You (great song)
90. (Take These) Chains
91. Mr. Brightside
92. Mr. Grieves
93. Gouge Away
94. Hey
95. There Goes My Gun (at this point my ears were bleeding from playing 4 Pixies songs in a row)
96. Hay Poco Rock & Roll (this is actually a really fun song believe it or not)
97. Pain and Pleasure
98. Smells Like Teen Spirit
99. Entangled (I had honestly never played or even heard this song before today)
100. Rock Your Socks (made #100 on purpose because it's awesome)

Goals are to FC Doolittle (because I hate it and want a reason to never have to play any song from it again) and Screaming For Vengeance (because it's awesome and a good challenge). Status on these:

Doolittle: I have 8 songs left, and my hate for the Pixies will probably not allow me to do them all at once. However, I can probably handle 4 songs at once, then some other songs that don't suck, then the other 4. Notice that I did 4 Pixies songs in the latest set. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SONGS ON DOOLITTLE?!

Screaming For Vengeance: I have 4 left, they are Devil's Child, The Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding On the Wind, and Screaming For Vengeance itself. I recently practiced the solo on the title track and realized that I can actually do it now (which is why I decided to try to FC the album), and the other 3 shouldn't be much of a threat (I checked them out in practice mode too so I'm pretty sure of that).

Roger123425  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol blank message >_< i'll improve pathing just cause i want you to be the shit (not literally)

SAVE THE WHALES!!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ronnie Aguilar PSN Name: RonnieAguilar
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lol blank message >_< i'll improve pathing just cause i want you to be the shit (not literally)

Thanks; I'll use any path you make as long as I haven't already done the song, and I'll try to get around to putting all of my scores up too (I have videos for everything, so I am capable of entering a score for every FC I have; I've just been too lazy to do it).

New FCs with comments:

101. Debaser
102. Monkey Gone to Heaven
103. Dead
104. No. 13 Baby (this applies to 101-104: I HATE THESE SONGS)
105. State of Love and Trust (Live: Drop in the Park) (second solo is actually pretty damn hard; took a few tries and I felt pretty good after getting it)
106. Devil's Child (this song was annoying because I had to restart a few times (embarrassing I know) and it's boring as hell)
107. The Hellion/Electric Eye (had to restart a couple of times here as well, but I didn't mind because I love this song, and it's actually fun the whole time unlike Devil's Child--it's also legitimately difficult enough to warrant some restarts, although like Round and Round it's much, MUCH easier than the GH80s chart)
108. Riding On the Wind (got this immediately after Electric Eye with no restarting necessary; also an awesome song that I wouldn't have minded playing a few times though)

Progress on goals:

Doolittle full album FC: This will probably happen tomorrow; I just have 4 songs left now. I don't know off the top of my head which ones they are, but it doesn't really matter because the whole album's easy anyway.

Screaming for Vengeance full album FC: All I have left is Screaming for Vengeance, which I can and will FC sometime soon. I tried it after Riding On the Wind today and my right hand just wasn't warm enough to handle the tapping (by that I mean that my hand was physically cold and I was unable to do the tapping correctly because of this). I then tried to FC it with my left hand, which as expected did not work out at all. By the way yes I have FCed the whole solo in practice mode several times; I am absolutely 100% positive that I can do this (also worth mentioning that unlike Riding On the Wind for example, there isn't anything even remotely hard outside of the solo in SfV).

Also, this wasn't really a goal that I had, but I have now FCed the whole Ten Bonus Pack (consisting of Alive (Live: Drop in the Park), Brother, and State of Love and Trust (Live: Drop in the Park)). The last of those was much harder than I expected--it's honestly a better FC than any Screaming for Vengeance song save for Screaming for Vengeance itself. I am considering going after Backspacer (which I've heard is easy) and Ten (which I know is at least fairly difficult, but I think I can do it) album FCs next.

Side note: I also went back to Refugee (Live) today for a little while--hit the hard part in practice mode a few times then did 4 or 5 runs of the song. I couldn't seem to do the tapping (by this I mean the YBY GRG YBY part which I have only ever hit once one-handed and so prefer to tap) correctly in a run though, so I just gave up instead of getting frustrated with it (it's a very annoying song to grind, since it's easy and boring up to the one hard part about 4:40 into the song). The main reason that I want to FC that song is because I still can't find an FC video for it anywhere (it made the un-FCed list briefly, thus it needs a video link in that thread and right now the best video I know of is my own near-FC of the song, though obviously it has been FCed). Also it would be a pretty sick FC for me.

EDIT: If you want to see videos, check out my YouTube, which is linked in my signature. Obviously you will not find videos for everything I post, but if you want to see a particular video you can ask for it and I will upload it. Remember that I have videos of everything.

Knux2007  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are a lot of FC's and you have sone pretty amazing GH FC's as well, youa re a beast. I want to be as good as you, and I want to FC SfV, but I suck at TH/EE(hardest song left since I got SfV on a Fluke run, and literally, I never hiit Solo A or B before that FC, and 1 Hand was O.O). How do you hit the EE Solo

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Those are a lot of FC's and you have sone pretty amazing GH FC's as well, youa re a beast. I want to be as good as you, and I want to FC SfV, but I suck at TH/EE(hardest song left since I got SfV on a Fluke run, and literally, I never hiit Solo A or B before that FC, and 1 Hand was O.O). How do you hit the EE Solo

Thank you! I made a hands video of the Electric Eye solo for you. I tried to explain what I feel are the two hardest parts the best I could, but I found that this isn't really an easy solo for me to explain. If my video description is unclear (or if your main issue is with another part of the solo that I overlooked) then tell me and I'll try to clarify/help as much as possible.

bisq  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say how cool your videos are and that its great how you are always trying to help people...Sadly I'm not quite good enough to benefit from most of them but I still watch and try to learn anyway

Straight J.U.I.C.E. Accomplishments
My Twitter / My Facebook
All DLC for RB2 and TBRB and RBN (ps3)
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could do guitar at all, let alone be as good as you XD

Teach me to be good?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wanted to say how cool your videos are and that its great how you are always trying to help people...Sadly I'm not quite good enough to benefit from most of them but I still watch and try to learn anyway

Thanks; it feels good to know that my videos have helped people. Sadly, this also reminded me that my Help with Hard Parts thread was essentially murdered since YouTube suspended my old account and a good 90% of all the videos in the thread were hosted on that account...and unlike FC videos, I don't have any of those old hands videos anymore and can't re-upload them...but I will be more than happy to re-do anything that is listed in that thread under my name (that doesn't mean I'm going to go down the list and re-do everything, but if someone requests something I'll do it).

Quote:

I wish I could do guitar at all, let alone be as good as you XD

Teach me to be good?

Thanks! I didn't realize I was good enough to get posts like this...by the way, just out of curiosity, how well do you play guitar/bass?

New FCs since last update:

109. Here Comes Your Man
110. Tame
111. I Bleed (had to FC this one twice because the first time I FCed it I didn't gold-star it...there's only like 3 OD phrases in it so you can't just blow your one activation any old place and expect to gold-star [hint: save all OD until the annoying strummy part near the end because that's where most of the notes in this song are)
112. La La Love You (Doolittle full album FC)
113. Even Flow (new album goal: Ten)
114. I'm Cryin' (see below note)
115. Pride and Joy (this and I'm Cryin' are basically the same song, so I thought it made sense to do them consecutively like that; for me this song seemed slightly harder than the former but if you can FC one you can most certainly FC the other)
116. Your Decision
[at this point I spent about 20 minutes trying to FC We Care A Lot for some reason and failed miserably because I suck at trills--I did work out a decent way to do these trills in practice mode while I was waiting for my videos though*]
117. Claudette (thought Roy Orbison was a good way to relax after that)
118. You Got It
119. In Dreams (this song was pretty annoying to play though)
120. Oh, Pretty Woman (batteries just barely made it long enough for me to record this one, Roy Orbison pack FC)

*The method that I worked out (and this is going to sound really stupid) was to elbow strum not only the first note of the trill, but also the last two RB chords before each trill (all 4 of the trills are preceded by some RB chords). Sounds downright stupid I know, but doing this makes it easier for me to start the trill since I don't have to rush my right hand up there after a single elbow strum or worry about having to one-hand the first half of the trill (which would be the normal tapping method with no elbow strumming; this is the method that I attempted most often when I was going for the FC).

Progress on goals (bold are active goals):

Doolittle full album FC: Done. Now that I have done it, I can say for sure that it is a fairly easy album as long as you're decent at strumming. There are several annoying strummy parts (I recall at least 4 songs with tricky strumming sections), but absolutely no hard fretting (aka no "lolsolos" to learn).

Roy Orbison pack FC: Done. This was sort of a goal I guess; really I just like playing these songs though (well, except for In Dreams, that one's pretty annoying). Mean Woman Blues was definitely the hardest; it's not insane or anything but it does have a pretty tricky little solo part.

Boston pack FC
: New goal; should be fun since I love these songs. Grinding Smokin' however I am not looking forward to (I suck at trills; see above failure to FC We Care A Lot). I think I've done 2/6 so far (More Than A Feeling and Rock and Roll Band).

Screaming for Vengeance full album FC
: Didn't work on it at all today, still just the title track left. It has not left my mind though; I will FC this song in the near future (well, I'll try at least).

Ten full album FC: New goal; I don't actually know how hard this will be since I'm not real familiar with the charts (haven't touched most of them since sightreads when it came out) but I'll give it a shot. Should be fun anyway because I like most of the songs.

Side note: I was considering going for a Texas Flood full album FC until I remembered that Rude Mood exists...then as soon as I was starting to think "well, I can probably grind out Rude Mood if it comes down to that since it's really just a consistency song," I remembered that Testify exists...so yeah. I could maybe manage a Rude Mood FC, but Testify is just not happening. Yes I thought of this before I played I'm Cryin' and Pride and Joy; I just wanted to play those songs.

Side note #2: Up to 800 (actually 803, or even 790 if you don't count Rock Revolution) total guitar FCs now across all rhythm games, though no notable benchmark was reached in the Rock Band series. As for that I'm moving towards 400 at the moment (at 361 now, or technically 360 not counting Dawn Patrol since it's actually a bass FC).

TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:
by the way, just out of curiosity, how well do you play guitar/bass?

Last time I played guitar, I nearly failed Get Clean on hard (I was in yellow or red through almost the entire song).
Last time I played bass, I nearly failed the ending of Colony of Birchmen on expert.

Btw, great job on your recent stuff :] Any FC you get is a good FC as long as you think it is.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One tip for Screaming for Vengeance...After the solo make sure you're consistent as hell on the bridge because (It could just be me) It always seems to trip you up. And missing after that solo is plain annoying (I choked 5 times on that bridge before I got the FC O_o)

Also for ten, Be sure not to forget "why go". Its by far the hardest song on the album and the solo in it really is difficult, 2:32 on the video . Garden is kind of annoying too because of the solo also being the outro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last time I played guitar, I nearly failed Get Clean on hard (I was in yellow or red through almost the entire song).
Last time I played bass, I nearly failed the ending of Colony of Birchmen on expert.

Well who needs OMB FCs anyway?

Quote:
Btw, great job on your recent stuff :] Any FC you get is a good FC as long as you think it is.

In that case I think this is the greatest FC ever.

Seriously though, thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot coming from someone as awesome as you!

Quote:
One tip for Screaming for Vengeance...After the solo make sure you're consistent as hell on the bridge because (It could just be me) It always seems to trip you up. And missing after that solo is plain annoying (I choked 5 times on that bridge before I got the FC O_o)

Well I did play the entire song in practice mode the other day just to check for choke points/hard parts outside of the solo (which was very stupid actually because I almost FCed it in practice mode, which would have kinda sucked), and I don't recall seeing anything to worry about (at least nothing as bad as the post-solo fills in Riding On the Wind). I did just review the bridge section though, and thankfully it doesn't look like it will cause any trouble. If someone as good as you can choke on it though, I surely can too...so I'm just going to hope that I don't.

Quote:
Also for ten, Be sure not to forget "why go". Its by far the hardest song on the album and the solo in it really is difficult, 2:32 on the video . Garden is kind of annoying too because of the solo also being the outro

I played Garden last night and it was kinda tricky, so I just moved on to another song after I failed to FC it since I didn't feel like practicing that solo. The BO trill took me by surprise (because I was trying to pinky it, and when it got faster I couldn't hang), then it just kinda fell apart from there.

As for Why Go...wow, this is going to be a greater challenge than I thought. It wasn't nearly as bad as that video made it look when I tried it in practice mode though (no offense to that guy, but when you watch a video where the player struggles immensely with a hard part, it tends to make the hard part look harder than it really is). The only part I'm seriously worried about is the weird YB strumming near the end, but I'm confident that I can work it out in practice mode. I'll probably save that song for last though since it is clearly going to be very hard for me.

Also, new FCs (done last night):

121. Crushcrushcrush (I usually like to start off with something easy to get warmed up)
122. Once (working on Ten)
123. Oceans (more Ten, this was after failing to FC Garden)
124. We Care A Lot (got this in just two tries using my weird elbow strumming method after struggling with it earlier)
125. Peace of Mind (working on Boston; wanted to continue with more Boston but my camera batteries died so I had to stop)

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh well the bridge after screaming for vengeance isn't difficult...It just depends whether you suffer from nervousness after hitting the hardest part of the song or not. If not then you probably won't choke :X

With Why go yeah the YB strumming/hammer-on hell is what makes that song so hard to hit. I tried working on it a little bit but didn't get anywhere so I didn't bother. Best of luck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With Why go yeah the YB strumming/hammer-on hell is what makes that song so hard to hit. I tried working on it a little bit but didn't get anywhere so I didn't bother. Best of luck

I worked on it a little bit and eventually hit it on full speed a few times; at first I was trying to use the hammer-ons and getting nowhere, but then I started just strumming it all (the pattern of it makes this fairly intuitive to do actually), which worked to a degree. The rest of the solo isn't that easy either though, so hitting the whole thing in a run will be quite difficult. I think the Ten full album FC goal is going to be a good challenge for me.

New FCs:

126. Release (Ten)
127. Jeremy (Ten)
128. Stray Cat Strut (just felt like playing it; hit the outro strumming sightread although the actual song FC was my second run because I made a dumb mistake in the second solo on my first run and immediately restarted)
129. Something About You (Boston)
130. Hitch A Ride (Boston)

After Hitch A Ride I tried Smokin' and Screaming for Vengeance twice each. On Smokin' I fucked up very early in the first solo on my first run (though I kept playing and hit all of the trills and the entire second solo aka all of the hard parts, so it really should have been an FC), then missed a strum right after one of the BO trills in my second run (99% on the first solo; quit the song after that without playing the second solo). On Screaming for Vengeance, the first time I fucked up the transition into tapping; second time I fucked up somewhere early in the solo while tapping. After this my camera batteries were showing low power, so I played Self Esteem, thinking that the camera would probably die in the middle of the run anyway. Well, it didn't, but embarrassingly enough I missed right at the end of the song, which is why it's not one of my new FCs.

Progress on goals:

Boston pack FC: 5/6, just need Smokin'

Screaming for Vengeance full album FC: 8/9; still missing Screaming for Vengeance obviously, but I FCed the whole solo several times in practice mode while waiting for my videos to convert.

Ten full album FC: 6/11; Why Go looks to make this tougher than Screaming for Vengeance album actually...I'll probably at least get the other songs soon though.

Side note: "Getting more FCs" is always a goal, so sometimes I may just play random songs that don't apply to the regular goals. Actually I almost always do this to a degree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: