FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BobDole's Guitar (Rock Band 4 58/65 before practice mode)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I hated getting Chop Suey. I think it's way harder than Welcome to the Neighborhood honestly.

Good job!
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more Rock Band 2 FCs, now up to 58/84.

Notables:

Tangled Up in Blue (just an annoying song to play period, even though I actually like the song)
Give It Away (trills in the second solo)
Girl's Not Grey (one of the tougher chordfests)
Ace of Spades '08 (because it's freaking Ace of Spades)
Where'd You Go (solo is pretty hard)
Welcome to the Neighborhood (hardest chordfest for me)
Alive (because for some reason I very often miss deep into the solo for no reason)

As usual, see the original post for the complete listing, and if you want videos of anything I can upload them. I have uploaded a few of the better ones from this update and the previous update:

Chop Suey
Where'd You Go?
Welcome to the Neighborhood

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job, Dole!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I got a few more in Rock Band 2, up to 63/84. Also realized that if I counted everything I've FCed randomly online I would have 70/84, so my goal over the next few weeks will be to FC those other 7 songs on video.

What's new:

59. Spoonman (got it first try with only a hazy memory of the solo; a little lucky I guess, though it's not too hard)
60. Aqualung (I was saving this for a high number because I like the song, not because it's hard)
61. Almost Easy (for some reason I missed less than a minute into the song in several different places about 5 times before FCing this)
62. Ramblin' Man (this is easy for me now, first try)
63. Rob the Prez-O-Dent (this has been a good song for me for awhile, I've FCed it countless times online)

The 7 songs I have FCed online but not on video:

--Float On (forgot about it before, that's why I haven't done it yet; also I absolutely HATE this song)
--Man in the Box (this one's just annoying because the trill has its lower note on the downbeat)
--Any Way You Want It (I fluked this once online; need to get better at solo 2 though)
--Round and Round (I've FCed this one many times before actually)
--Carry On Wayward Son (haven't put any effort into it yet; shouldn't cause any problems)
--Shackler's Revenge (I used to actually be good at this solo...now I keep missing the goddamn scales)
--Colony of Birchmen (this isn't too bad, but it is annoying that the only hard part is right at the end)

J.J.  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember the day you came out of nowhere with that TtFaF vid, and everyone was like, "OMGWTFBBQHAX?"

Nice FCs.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Fantahstik Wii Friend Code: 226277035879
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still remember the day you came out of nowhere with that TtFaF vid, and everyone was like, "OMGWTFBBQHAX?"

You're referring to this guy, not me.

Anyway, I think this update is pretty good; I got 6 more FCs in Rock Band 2 and one of them was Shackler's Revenge. Here are the 6:

64. Float On (I just realized yesterday that I had forgotten to do this song...most likely because I hate the song and can't stand playing it)

65. Carry On Wayward Son (not that hard really)

66. Teen Age Riot (I forgot about this in my consideration of the hardest chordfest; actually I think this, Chop Suey, and Welcome to the Neighborhood form a triple triad of annoying chordfests any of which could be considered the hardest)

67. Shackler's Revenge (awesome, learning to tap the scales instead of trying to one-hand made this a little easier than it was before [note that I have actually FCed this song once before a long time ago, but I couldn't count that since it wasn't on video])

68. Man in the Box (for some reason the trill is nearly impossible for me to one-hand, but not so hard to tap...it's not fast, I think it's the odd rhythm that's the problem for me--don't ask me how tapping alleviates the problem, but it does)

69. Round and Round (that one part where the super-fast hook in 80s is in the first solo is annoying; I'm pretty consistent with the little shreddy parts in both solos though, so if I hit said annoying part I usually FC the song [note that I've FCed this song numerous times online, this was just my first videoed FC of it])

Also, this knocks my "FCed online but not on video" crap down to just 2 songs:

1. Any Way You Want It: This is going to be very hard; my one FC of it so long ago was a total fluke.

2. Colony of Birchmen: This shouldn't be too crazy though it is annoying that the hard part is at the end and the song before is relatively boring chart-wise (though it is a cool song).

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a pair of Rock Band 2 FCs the other day:

70. Any Way You Want It--After practicing it a bit and getting the second solo twice in a row, I went to try to FC it and BAM, first try was the FC.
71. Colony of Birchmen--This was harder than I thought it would be; that strumming is annoying.

Quote:
80/84 soon?

I'm currently inching my way up, but I'll surely get there eventually. There's only a few songs that I absolutely cannot FC at the moment (namely Bodhisattva, Shoulder to the Plow, and Painkiller), everything else feels possible. I may deviate from working on Rock Band 2 before I get there though if I feel like taking it easy for awhile.

What I have left in Rock Band 2:

Our Truth (I find this very very hard)
Psycho Killer (strumming is hard)
Let There Be Rock (that first short fast strumming part early in the 3rd solo always ruins me; I'm not too terrible at the longer bursts but I never hit that one part)
Lazy Eye (very hard to be consistent on that bullshit strumming in guitar leads 1 and 2)
Shoulder to the Plow (I have never hit odd riff 2)
Get Clean (solo is extremely hard)
Peace Sells (intro takes awhile to get past every time, which is the main reason I'm not motivated to play the song; I CAN hit the 3rd solo though that doesn't mean I find it easy to do so)
Souls of Black (the chorus riffs cause me more trouble than the solo honestly)
Bodhisattva (3rd part of fast picking is impossible for me and the fast chords still aren't easy)
Battery (stupid guitar lick)
Panic Attack (I have found that it is quite difficult to hit that solo in a run as opposed to in practice mode)
Visions (bridge is retarded)
Painkiller (I can do the fast fretting parts of the solo, but the strumming parts around the solo just are not happening at the moment)

BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Skip the first four paragraphs if you are not interested in my story about me playing Rust in Peace and only want to see my new FCs--also sorry for the general verbosity of this post; I bolded the list of new FCs so that if that's all you want to look at, you can easily only look at that).

Well yesterday I downloaded Rust in Peace and had a blast with it on guitar. I sightread golded everything except for Poison Was the Cure and Take No Prisoners, both which I gold-starred today relatively easily (and I really should have FCed the former, since I got the whole solo and only missed 2 or 3 times in the riffage). What's really cool is that unlike Peace Sells, I can actually see myself FCing some of these songs, namely the former-mentioned two (which are mostly just consistency songs since the solos aren't too ridiculous but the riffage is fairly tough), Lucretia (almost got it sightread), and the title track (sightread was one dumb miss in easy riffage and one solo screw-up from an FC). I could also probably FC Holy Wars (I got used to the strumming riff fairly quickly and Dave's solo wasn't quite as crazy as I thought it would be), but Hangar 18, Five Magics, and Tornado of Souls are obviously not happening anytime soon. Of course I don't expect any of those FCs to come really easily, but I'm pretty sure that I could get them and will attempt them soon.

I also played the album on drums* and though it was very fun, results...weren't quite as good as with guitar. I started off by failing Holy Wars because I wasn't warmed up and I realized that it isn't exactly a good song to start off with. That was actually the very first thing I did with this album in Rock Band (failed Holy Wars on drums). After that I sightread the album on guitar (above story), played Dawn Patrol on bass (sightread FC obviously), then played the album on drums. I actually played some other songs on drums first to get warmed up so that I would not fail Holy Wars again. I 5-starred everything except for Take No Prisoners (which I 4-starred), Dawn Patrol (which I gold-starred, sightread FC again), and I think Lucretia (another gold-star; not sure it was that song, but I know I golded something else besides Dawn Patrol). Today I played Tornado of Souls on drums randomly and also gold-starred that.

*Note: I don't normally track FCs on drums or any of the other instruments because I don't care about them, although I will occasionally try to FC moderately tough songs on drums; my best drum FC is probably Real Wild Child or something in The Beatles: Rock Band in which I have 38/44 since I was trying to OMBFGFC but gave up when I realized that the last 3-4 drum songs were just impossible for me.

Sorry about the length of that stuff above; I would not normally write a story about me playing the new DLC, but it's fucking Rust in Peace (my favorite band's best album), so I had to. I have never done this before and will never do it again for any other DLC.

(From this point on the post is about what I FCed recently, I promise)

Anyway, today after class I FCed some random DLC songs on video (mostly just easy stuff, but there's a few decent ones in there), the list is below with comments by each song:

23. Dawn Patrol (the bass part obviously; I'm counting this FC of the bass part in my list of 'guitar FCs' because there's no guitar part and the only other solution would be to pretend that the song doesn't exist in my statistics, which I refuse to do)
24. Margaritaville (I like Jimmy Buffet)
25. Volcano (on the topic of liking Jimmy Buffet, I wanted to finish off his pack; I did Cheeseburger in Paradise earlier so this finished it)
26. Tom Sawyer (Original Version) (easy on guitar, but it's pretty fun on drums [disclaimer: I will never FC this on drums])
27. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight (much easier than GH2's chart due to the outro being a BRE and me not sucking quite so much at trills as I did back when I FCed the GH2 chart)
28. Tribute (some really fucked up strumming in that solo, I still don't really understand it, though I hit it 3 times in a row)
29. Under the Bridge (I really like this song)
30. YYZ (I think I've now FCed every YYZ chart in GH/RB)
31. 21 Guns (my roommate likes this song)
32. 21st Century (Digital Boy) (some guy on PSN asked me to try using his path that he made for this song, so I sightread FCed the song with his path and got 2nd on PS3 on ScoreHero--yes I know about the optimizer, I was just being nice to the guy and his path was pretty damn close to optimal anyway)
33. Alive (Live: Drop in the Park) (I first played this when it was released and sightread FCed it as I recall...took me 2 tries today; apparently my tendency to miss near the end of Alive's solo also carries over to this version of the song)
34. Don't Stop Believing (not too bad, though I do have to tap the scales for some reason--if I don't I will miss the faster ones almost every time, but if I do I will FC a good percentage of the time)
35. Dragula (I sightread FCed, but re-played it because I failed to gold-star on my first run)

Some more things about some of these...

Tribute: I have recently played this song a few times in quickplay with my roommate (him singing) and I was thinking "You know what would be cool? Me FCing this." So I went to practice mode in an attempt to figure out the strumming in the middle of the second solo (not the triplet strumming at the end, that shit's easy; I'm talking about the random nonsense in the middle). I never actually figured out how many notes there are, but after somehow hitting it twice in a row after just 5 or so total runs, I decided to just go ahead and try to FC the song. After one dumb miss before the solos I did just that. I still don't know what the rhythm of that strumming is (if there even is one), but I honestly don't give a shit because I have the FC now.

YYZ: I did this because (I think) it was the only YYZ chart in GH/RB that I hadn't FCed yet and I love the song. I got it on the first try today though I will admit that I was a little lucky to get it so easily (the solo has one pretty difficult section in the Rock Band chart).

Dragula: What happened with this song was actually pretty funny; I (accidentally) used just about the worst overdrive path possible on my sightread (some examples: tanking half a bar almost entirely in an empty section near the beginning, wasting another activation on a part with very few notes and having my overdrive run out right as the 3-note chord 8th notes came up), so even though I FCed it (it's very easy), I failed to gold-star it. This looks very bad so I decided to delete that video and FC it again (all of my FCs in Rock Band are gold-stars except for A-Punk, but that's because A-Punk isn't possible to gold-star on guitar). On my second run, I was a little more careful with the overdrive (though I certainly didn't use an optimal/premeditated path by any means) and got the FC with a gold-star (though the gold didn't appear until very near the end of the song--this song has a high cutoff relatively speaking). There is also lots of humorous chatter in the video though it will probably never be heard by anybody since "Dragula 100% FC" isn't a video that I would ever consider uploading nowadays (unless someone specifically requested it).

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribute is a pretty nice FC! Keep up the good work! Any progress on the last two songs in LRB?

I also see you're very organized. Me likes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any progress on the last two songs in LRB?

I practiced (read "played a few times," not hardcore practice) the solos of those two songs a bit today and there wasn't much improvement; I'm still pretty awful at Monster. I'm not going to worry about it until I get Short and Sweet though, which could happen anytime because I'm actually pretty good at the solos (the issue is getting them all in one run). Once I do FC Short and Sweet, I will start to seriously practice the Monster solo.

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the HO/POs in the solo? If you aren't, do it, it really helps. If you are, maybe try strumming a little later, (later as in later, not slower) it helped me a lot, and I've now FCd it and can hit it at least half of the time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+10 Rock Band DLC FCs, they are as follows:

36. Savior
37. Shining Star
38. Brother
39. Mary Had A Little Lamb
40. Godzilla
41. Bloodstone
42. Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)
43. Face Down in the Dirt
44. (Funky) Sex Farm
45. Forever

So pretty much just random songs; a few of these FCs are decent though.

Also, I didn't want to bump the thread again before, but now I am, so I can respond to this:

Quote:

Are you using the HO/POs in the solo? If you aren't, do it, it really helps. If you are, maybe try strumming a little later, (later as in later, not slower) it helped me a lot, and I've now FCd it and can hit it at least half of the time.

Which part of which solo? If I had to guess I would say you're talking about 1C, that's the part that gives me the most trouble. Like I said though it's not really any one part that's keeping me from the FC; the issue is with being consistent enough to make it through all of the (mostly) moderately hard soloing without missing anything. That and the fact that I know I still have to somehow FC Monster afterward to get the FGFC.

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:

Quote:

Which part of which solo? If I had to guess I would say you're talking about 1C, that's the part that gives me the most trouble. Like I said though it's not really any one part that's keeping me from the FC; the issue is with being consistent enough to make it through all of the (mostly) moderately hard soloing without missing anything. That and the fact that I know I still have to somehow FC Monster afterward to get the FGFC.
I meant Monster.
Oh, and nice job on Forever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 new FCs today, mostly on either sightread (for songs I hadn't played before) or first run at the time (for songs that I have played at some time in the past). Most of these are pretty easy and forgettable, but I'll put some comments in there. The one thing I'm really proud of is sightread FCing Transmaniacon MC, which is a pretty tricky song. List with some comments is below (note that totally clean lists can be found in the OP at all times):

46. Ladybug
47. Lithium (Live at Reading)
48. She's A Hottie: yes I'm aware that I have FCed this before (back when I took care of 2 ignored Toby Keith songs, this and one other), but that was before I was keeping records, so I didn't count it; it's easy anyway, no restarting necessary
49. Killer Queen
50. Perfekte Welle
51. Doin' That Rag
52. Call Me
53. Call Me When You're Sober
54. Calling Dr. Love: semi-difficult solo here
55. Club Foot: after this FC, I stopped playing for the moment; I never had to restart at all (every FC from 46-55 was sightread/first run--also everything else that doesn't say otherwise was a sightread/first run FC)--also, after this I played Come As You Are and FCed it but my camera died right at the end of the run so it doesn't count (not yet at least, I'll FC it again sometime soon, it's not difficult at all)
56. They Say
57. Train in Vain (Stand By Me)
58. Polly
59. Doll: no I don't know where the activation is and no I don't give a damn
60. They're Red Hot: this was the first song today that I missed on; I only had to play it twice though; also, after this I spent about 20 minutes trying to FC Snow ((Hey Oh)) and failed to do so, although I am positive that I can get that FC at my current skill level if I grinded it a little more
61. Sprode: embarrassingly enough, this took two tries
62. Still Alive
63. Promised Land: also took two tries; I rushed the trill the first time--kind of embarrassing because I sightread FCed this when it came out
64. Fever: also had to restart this once I think
65. Hard to Handle
66. Transmaniacon MC: I was pretty happy (and probably a bit lucky I'll admit) to get this on sightread--that solo is pretty hard
67. Rescue Me
68. You're All I've Got Tonight: the trill took me by surprise the first time, then on the next run I overstrummed in the second solo, third run was the FC
69. Sex on Fire: aptly titled song for the 69th Rock Band DLC FC

I am mainly focusing on the Rock Band DLC right now just because there's so much easy stuff I haven't even played, and I also kinda want to get my Rock Band FCs count above my Guitar Hero FCs count (currently Guitar Hero is at 429 and Rock Band is at 308).

Also, one more (semi) cool thing: I now have exactly 750 total FCs across all games (that's the above two numbers + 13 in Rock Revolution)

Quote:
I meant Monster.

Wow, I feel stupid...anyway, yes I am (trying to) use hammer-ons in Monster, though I have also tried hybrid strumming it (and found that to be extremely difficult to do and therefore ineffective for me). The best I've done so far is FCing it on 80% speed (which honestly didn't feel that hard).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: