FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band iPhone General Technique/Setup- New Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Rock Band iPhone General Technique/Setup- New Questions Reply with quote

I can not figure out a good default setup for this game. Don't know what fingers to use, how to tilt/shake, whether to hold it or put it on a flat surface, whether to turn it sideways for vox... anything. Gah. I have tried lots of techniques and none have really worked too well. Let me know what works for you.

EDIT: Also, do you actually have to tilt to activate OD or can you just shake? As far as I know the iPod only has a shake sensor, not a tilt sensor. Again, lemme know. Thanks.

New question: scoring on vox? any idea how it works?

Last edited by MasterNobody on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Master Nobody
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iPhone and iPod touch have full 3-axis accelerometers, just like the Wii Remote.

I normally play holding it in my left hand and using my right fingers to tap the notes, but that still isn't perfect. The targets are just too small for me (and I don't have big fingers).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold it like you'd hold a phone to text (both hands, using thumbs to hit notes) and it works fine for me. And I have pretty big hands. If I try to use anything but my thumbs though, I mess up too much.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcharles wrote:
I hold it like you'd hold a phone to text (both hands, using thumbs to hit notes) and it works fine for me. And I have pretty big hands. If I try to use anything but my thumbs though, I mess up too much.

thanks, I started playing consistently like this and it helped. One thing I had to do was tap the pads faster, that was a big help.

Another question, anybody know how to use OD on vox? I don't really understand the points system- are they all just holds or do phrases have value or what?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all holds as far as I know...
Scored depending on length and OD use.
:S

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a bit of experience with this game now so I can give you a few tips.

I try and play with my index fingers. I feels more comfortable to me, and I can go a lot faster like that.

You need to tilt the iPhone to make the OD activate. This is annoying for me because I cant activate while playing with my fingers, only my thumbs.

For Vox, I preferred playing with the iPhone portrait (Like it normally is). I can see why you would want to turn it on the side, but I think it is much easier to hold it like it should. The scoring system works by hitting the note, and how long you hold the note for. Tambourine hits also count as points. OD works the same way on Vox as any other instrument: Just tilt.

Hope this can help
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fingers are small, and the pads/frets are still too small for them.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
GamingAwesome1  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sideways orientation would've fixed all problems with the buttons being too small and cramped together.

It's a shame, I don't think they're unresponsive, just too close to each. Even in Vox's case which does have a sideways orientation but all the buttons are still bunched on half of the screen span. Why do that?

Shame really, I would've given this a punt for the asking price had it not been made for people who have toothpick-sized fingers, and this is why demo's are awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: