FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/12 DLC - Alice In Chains Five Pack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: 1/12 DLC - Alice In Chains Five Pack Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Jan. 12) and PlayStation 3 system (Jan. 14):

• Grind by Alice In Chains
    Chart previews: Guitar+Drums (video by Dogmatic2120), Bass (video by S1ckH4ndsRB)

• Heaven Beside You by Alice In Chains
    Chart previews: Guitar+Drums+Vocals (video by Dogmatic2120), Bass (video by S1ckH4ndsRB)

• Last of My Kind by Alice In Chains
    Chart previews: Guitar+Drums (video by Dogmatic2120), Bass (video by S1ckH4ndsRB)

• We Die Young by Alice In Chains
    Chart previews: Guitar+Drums+Vocals (video by Dogmatic2120), Bass (video by S1ckH4ndsRB)

• Your Decision by Alice In Chains

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as "Alice In Chains Pack 02," as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for "Alice In Chains Pack 02"
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Last edited by PhatTrumpet on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
drewbles  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the first Alice in Chains Pack. I may do the same for this. I love Alice in Chains.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like AiC, but drums are boring and they're not the most suitable band for such games. I'll skip this week.

04/20/08 ~ 1st to get 200 FCs across all games! | I HAS VIDZ ON YOUTUBE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Loseven
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Alice in Chains and their last album was my favorite from 2009. That said, I am obviously a difficulty = fun type of person because I won't play these more than a few times. I downloaded them all and I have no problem supporting this awesome band, but I like to LISTEN to AiC more than I like to play AiC.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this week is simply amazing, not in the fact of insane instrument playing, but just the sheer enjoyment of playing all of these songs, a definite must buy regardless if you hate or love AiC

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
JLynn  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good set aside from "Heaven Beside You". Once I get back home to my XBox I may have to get this pack.
kotoco  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan also, guess I'll skip this week.
Hey HMX, give us some metal dlc!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pleased that one of my favorite bands now has another great 5-pack in the game. I played through it on guitar about an hour ago and it was pretty awesome, playing the music I enjoy is more important to me than the difficulty of the charts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kotoco wrote:

Alice in Chains IS Metal. They share far more similarities with traditional Metal bands than they do with the grunge movement. They are only lumped into the grunge movement because they came out of Seattle at the same time as all the other bands.

If you haven't checked out the videos for the songs listen to "We Die Young" and "Last of my Kind". Nothing grungy about those songs.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IMO this pack kind of sucked. I ejoyed the last AiC pack with Would, No Excuses, Rooster, even A Looking in View. All very catchy songs that I liked and enjoyed to just listen to.

There was none of that in this pack as all the songs are too repetitive and just kind of drag on and on =-\.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I thought the old stuff was fantastic, yah, not the most exciting drum parts, but I've enjoyed AiC for ages (would love to see "Angry Chair, "Again." "Love, Hate, Love," or "God Am" in here, but that's for another day).

The newer stuff however, I'm still on the fence. It has the dirty gritty AiC feel to it, but it's not the same emotion as they used to. If anything, I'm getting their 3 old ones, but I may be skipping the new stuff.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these songs are fun on guitar
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After singing all of the songs I will say I kind of like Your Decision, but find the others lacking.

Sure these songs may be gritty and have raw emotion, but that is not what rock band really is about. That is what listening to an album is for. Rock Band needs more upbeat energetic stuff that can be fun at a party or with friends, and this is nowhere near the bill.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
xX2LeG1T2QuiTXx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a little sick of waiting for the pantera DLC that was announced oh so long ago... and this stuff they've been releasing lately doesnt help...
kotoco  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
kotoco wrote:

Alice in Chains IS Metal. They share far more similarities with traditional Metal bands than they do with the grunge movement. They are only lumped into the grunge movement because they came out of Seattle at the same time as all the other bands.

If you haven't checked out the videos for the songs listen to "We Die Young" and "Last of my Kind". Nothing grungy about those songs.

Sorry, still see it as grunge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: