FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shaft/ed: Done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the killing bump

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
Graf  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful song, and you did great on it! I never stop being impressed by voxtar. Every time that I attempt it, I do terribly. I just can't wrap my head around it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice There were some awkward moments on that song ! I don't like it that much but the fc sure didn't seem too easy ! Also this makes me want to voxtar today ^^ Hopefully I'll come up with something.
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Beautiful song, and you did great on it! I never stop being impressed by voxtar. Every time that I attempt it, I do terribly. I just can't wrap my head around it

Thanks man! All you have to do is find songs that you really like and already know the vocals to. Then you can just cut it down to focusing on one instrument. Haha the secret for all of my voxtar fcs is that I really like the songs.

arvain wrote:
Nice There were some awkward moments on that song ! I don't like it that much but the fc sure didn't seem too easy ! Also this makes me want to voxtar today ^^ Hopefully I'll come up with something.

The ending is pretty hard. The last chorus on vox can trip you up, especially with the guitar part going on a different rhythm. I choked four or five times there on the same phrase lol. but thanks man! come up with a good fc if you can haha

BigFatBob wrote:
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAN YOU STILL HAVE FUN WOOOOOAAAHHH WOOAAAAH

BigFatBob wrote:
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blues bump

BigFatBob wrote:
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came back home over winter break and am reminiscing a little bit over my past. I'm a teacher now. A part of having time off from kids is maybe thinking about what you would have told yourself when you were younger, especially now that that's all you do for a living.

I go back through the threads I tried to be involved with on SH and I notice some common things:
1) I always reached or wanted to be better than I really was, which is how I am in everything else I do as well.
2) I was a big smart ass. I still am.
3) I always wanted to achieve goals that were not really possible. i.e. FBFC all of the main discs or whatever DLC I had.

It's fun and also cringeworthy going back and looking at how I used to be or how I handled those things. I will feel bad that I couldn't have had better self-perception and realization.

I will always be fond of Scorehero though because everyone here was incredibly nice and supportive. I said this in the voxtar fc thread, everyone in that thread was always either better than me or the reason I started doing voxtar in the first place. In one way or another, you all were a part of my life and influenced me in some way, shape, or form. And for that, I am forever grateful.

This isn't some goodbye or suicide note lol. I just wanted to share what I was thinking to you guys and what SH meant to me. I hope you can accept that.

BigFatBob wrote:
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaftedofadown wrote:
It's fun and also cringeworthy going back and looking at how I used to be or how I handled those things. I will feel bad that I couldn't have had better self-perception and realization.

I will always be fond of Scorehero though because everyone here was incredibly nice and supportive.

Hey Shaft, I just wanted to say I really appreciate this. I was quite young when I frequented Scorehero, so I was terribly immature. Despite this, the community was always supportive and I met some a bunch of great, kind people.

I always love to take a step back and realize how cool is it that a game can bring people from all sorts of backgrounds together. We are different people in different parts of our life but ultimately came to the same conclusion/experience about SH and the community. Awesome. Best of luck with teaching, it is a meaningful professional and I admire you for it!

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was very young when I frequented ScoreHero the most. My favorite part about it all is coming back and seeing all the familiar usernames, still posting now and again, and seeing how we all have grown and matured. ScoreHero was always a place I could come despite my young age, and feel like an actual part of a community, with something to contribute. It is an awesome site in that it could always overlook the immaturity and age of a lot of the users, and focus on the game we all grew up with and loved to play. And now that I'm a bit older, I look and see new faces enjoying them game I played for so many hours, and smile and hope they feel as included and as part of something as I once did.

I hardly ever play Rock Band anymore, but ScoreHero will always remain in my bookmarks.
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
saberdrummer12  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S4VN01 wrote:
I too was very young when I frequented ScoreHero the most. My favorite part about it all is coming back and seeing all the familiar usernames, still posting now and again, and seeing how we all have grown and matured. ScoreHero was always a place I could come despite my young age, and feel like an actual part of a community, with something to contribute. It is an awesome site in that it could always overlook the immaturity and age of a lot of the users, and focus on the game we all grew up with and loved to play. And now that I'm a bit older, I look and see new faces enjoying them game I played for so many hours, and smile and hope they feel as included and as part of something as I once did.

I hardly ever play Rock Band anymore, but ScoreHero will always remain in my bookmarks.

So much this

Guitar Hero drums: 45/403, Rock Band drums: 345/464
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drummerboy 614 PSN Name: Drummerboy614
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: