FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Mobile Score tracking is live!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Rock Band Mobile Score tracking is live! Reply with quote

To start the new year, ScoreHero score tracking capabilities are now available for Rock Band Mobile.

The game has been available for several months now, and we originally had not planned to add this for score tracking. However, the game is well polished, lends itself well to score tracking and has a sizable amount of DLC. Those things combined with the popular demand from members here have changed our opinion.

I've only added solo score tracking abilities. Even though multiplayer is possible over local bluetooth wireless connections, I don't foresee people playing the game competitively in local groups. If you'd really like to be able to enter such scores then let me know and I might reconsider.

Also to address the "why this and not that" question before it's asked, I do realize there's multiple mobile games for Guitar Hero available as well with DLC, and with another just released. I don't feel that enabling score tracking for RB requires that we add these as well. If there's similar demand then I wouldn't be opposed, but in the past 2 years there's been about 3 people pitch for scoretracking and many more replies to those requests shooting them down (reference threads).

Have fun racking up scores on the go. Happy New Year, and enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome- my interest waned considerably when scoretracking was initially shot down. Time to get back into it!

A few things:
-Is the game's official title "Rock Band Mobile?"
-There is no Expert difficulty. Hard is as hard as it gets.

It should be worth noting that iPhones (not sure about iPods) can do a screen capture by pressing the main button and the sleep button simultaneously. Photo proof will not be an issue with this game.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the title is correct.

Thanks for the heads up on difficulty, I'll remove Expert. Unfortunately my phone can't get this game, so I'm fully reliant on second-hand information here.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited by JCirri on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
fuse  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
It should be worth noting that iPhones (not sure about iPods) can do a screen capture by pressing the main button and the sleep button simultaneously. Photo proof will not be an issue with this game.

iPods can also do this

Anyway, this is awesome news.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually qirex just pointed out to me there are two different versions of the game, and with some setlist differences:

Rock Band iPhone
Rock Band Mobile

So i'll need to account for that somehow. Probably by adding 2 platforms, as I don't think this really warrants having 2 games in the list, and they seem very similar.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Actually qirex just pointed out to me there are two different versions of the game, and with some setlist differences:

Rock Band iPhone
Rock Band Mobile

So i'll need to account for that somehow. Probably by adding 2 platforms, as I don't think this really warrants having 2 games in the list, and they seem very similar.
Yeah definitely do it by platform. Thanks for adding this..it actually makes me want to get an iphone a little sooner
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's done. Let me know if there's any other issues.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
And it's done. Let me know if there's any other issues.

A few things I found:

The DLC is being counted toward the, i guess you would call them "on disc" total score, and not just the songs it comes with.

for the iPhone version, lazy eye is not in the game, yet there is a place to input a score. (It might be DLC, i havent checked)

Ace of Spades is misspelled "Ace of Spaces"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
fuse  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
for the iPhone version, lazy eye is not in the game, yet there is a place to input a score. (It might be DLC, i havent checked)

I have the iPod version, which is the same as the iPhone version and it does have Lazy Eye.

Yeah, I suck, leave me alone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuse wrote:
Sixen wrote:

I have the iPod version, which is the same as the iPhone version and it does have Lazy Eye.

Yeah, I suck, leave me alone.

Some more confirmation:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fixed the spelling error and DLC should no longer count towards the overall totals.

And thanks to the confirmation of others I have not removed Lazy Eye.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the strangest thing, why do I not have it? I can't think of a single reason why my version does not have Lazy eye.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
chocotricks  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! i was thinking there just yesterday while fooling around on my ipod touch that this should have tracking and look at what i found today
Get all current rb/gh titles [] (unplugged)
GHOT FGFC [] (IDWS,RTN)
GHOTD FGFC [X]
GHMH FGFC [] (SW)
GHOT FSFC []
BHDS FGFC [] (YBP)
RBU FGFC []
LRBDS FGFC [X]
RBM FGFC [X]
1000 fc's [X]
fuse  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
It's the strangest thing, why do I not have it? I can't think of a single reason why my version does not have Lazy eye.

You missed it in Tour? I dunno.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to the wiki page for the song is on the Manage Scores page, but the pages do not exist in the wiki.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: