FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Setting up electronic drums for rock band?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camgotay91  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Setting up electronic drums for rock band? Reply with quote

Sorry if this is the wrong section, if it is feel free to move it/flame me.

First things first, I need an electronic drum kit. Can you hook up ANY electronic drum kit to rock band? Looking to get a cheap one (Less than $500) that is great for playing rock band on and off pro mode. Second off, what else would I need to hook an electronic drum kit up to rock band?

I do not know the first thing about any of this, so please be patient and understanding with me. Thank you.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need it to have a MIDI out port, and you would need the Rock Band MIDI Pro Adapter to hook it up to Rock Band. THE MIDI Pro Adapter is around $40, and you would also need a MIDI cable, which you could find at RadioShack for about $10.

MIDI Pro Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Rock-Band-Midi-PRO-Adapter/dp/B00409SOD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340733949&sr=8-1&keywords=MIDI+pro+adapter

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Camgotay91  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I've been looking at this kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALESIS-DM10-STUDIO-KIT-6PIECE-ELECTRONIC-DRUM-SET-dm10studiokit-new-2012-/120925832445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c27bdc4fd

Does anyone know how well this kit would work with rock band?
Camgotay91  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost wondering if I'm better off just buying replacement pads for my old Ions? What do you guys think? I don't know what to do, I'd assume replacement pads are much cheaper now a days than they used to be?
Camgotay91  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost wondering if I'm better off just buying replacement pads for my old Ions? What do you guys think? I don't know what to do, I'd assume replacement pads are much cheaper now a days than they used to be?
davidshek  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DM10 does have MIDI Out, so odds are highly likely that it would work just fine with the MIDI Pro adapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: