FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
~!~ The Lazy Man's Authentic Drum Pedal Mod! w/ Pics ~!~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethaz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scorehero

I've been thinking about trying out this mod since I'm tired of the stock pedal, I live in europe and geting my hands on some of these parts seems difficult without a Radio Shack.

I have found a normally closed magnetic switch but I can't find a mono cable anywhere, pre-striped or not. All I find is stereo cables 1/8" to 1/8" (male/female). Can a stereo cable work or do I need an adapter? I can't find a 1/8" stereo female to 1/8" mono male adapter. However, there is a 1/8" mono female to 1/8" mono male one.

So, my question is, would a stereo cable work at all? or would I need some kind of adapter? And in case somebody knows, where would one find a mono cable (old headphones? etc)?

Thanks
www1221  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is kind of an old thread but I recently got a set of drums from a friend without a pedal and I cant seem to find mine Rock Band pedal, but I do have a real bass pedal and this mod is right up my alley. So Im wondering if I could use these parts to make this mod work

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014299NW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A19HVCG16XC5A9

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009SUF08/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Im pretty sure the switch will be fine since it says its a normally closed switch what im really wondering about is the cable. Since Id like to order from amazon as I have amazon prime and I cant find the cable mentioned in the OP on amazon I am wondering if that cable will work if I just strip one side on my own.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: www1221 PSN Name: www1221
davidshek  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to the switch, No to the cable. You need a mono cable, not stereo. Just go drive to Radio Shack and buy the cable you need there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up just buying the switch I mentioned in my other post and the wire from radio shack. I dont know if it was something wrong with my switch or something else but I had to wire it to be Normally Open or it didnt work correctly. But now its working perfectly!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: www1221 PSN Name: www1221
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much are these switches typically?
My friend got me my first one years ago and it finally died.
Confirmed if i wire it always closed, the magnet will break connection, but if wired normal the magnet wont trigger the switch.
And sadly it also happened to my legit rb pedal wiring.
At one point I meant to swap to whichever worked best and ended up having the stock wiring attached to the pedal AND the magnetic switches as well.
if one acted up, Id switch wires and all was good.
both are not functioning after I moved.
davidshek  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
How much are these switches typically?

Around 7 bucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: