FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
~!~ The Lazy Man's Authentic Drum Pedal Mod! w/ Pics ~!~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sangerman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caramba2654 wrote:
Can you use the stock Rock Band pedal sensor and the stock magnet?
Thats what I use and it works perfectly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caramba2654 wrote:
Can you use the stock Rock Band pedal sensor and the stock magnet?

Yep, you sure can.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello lads

i just did the mod. i bought a normally close magnet switch, a cable, connected them, checked it with rock band and guitar hero and voila, they work. many many thanx

one question

could i get a double bass pedal, put each magnet switched in each pedal, connect each magnet switch with a cable and then couple the 2 cables into one and plug it in my drums? would that make the double bass pedal work? any ideas?

i havent bought a pedal yet and if this would work i might get a double pedal instead of a single pedal

cheers
davidshek  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BURNING13 wrote:
could i get a double bass pedal, put each magnet switched in each pedal, connect each magnet switch with a cable and then couple the 2 cables into one and plug it in my drums? would that make the double bass pedal work? any ideas?

Yes, but not with a normal splitter. You can do that with a Twin Rocker, and it will work just fine, that's exactly what I did before I started using my Roland KD-8 kick trigger pad.

http://www.omegamusictechnology.com/products/twin-rocker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:
BURNING13 wrote:

Yes, but not with a normal splitter. You can do that with a Twin Rocker, and it will work just fine, that's exactly what I did before I started using my Roland KD-8 kick trigger pad.

http://www.omegamusictechnology.com/products/twin-rocker
woooow
since i dont understand what this thing does could you tell me mate?
so that i know what to look for in greece?
how to ask for this cable?

also another thing i just thought

if i use a pad from ion drum rocker, and put is so that the "hammer" of the pedal" hits the pad, will that work?i mean trhat i plug the pad in the hole where the pedal should be plugged .then when the hammer hits the pad, it registers the hits. couldnt i just use this pad with a double bass pedal?
that way perhaps i dont even need magnets

is that stupid thinking of me?

edit
i just plugged a pad into the pedal jack, and i went to freestyle. the pad wouldnt register a hit, unless you hit the pad real hard and at the middle.so i am guessing it cant be used as a kick pad huh?
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to explain it.

1. The Omega Twin Rocker is basically a splitter designed to work with Rock Band pedals. It's quite favorable among the community. You can get international shipping, though it might be a bit costly. I think it would be well worth it if you are very serious about having double bass with your rock band pedals.

2. I wouldn't recommend using an iON pad as a kick trigger. It won't work by itself anyways without a converter. If you want to do something like this, I would get a regular drum pedal, a kick trigger (such as a Yamaha KP-65 or a Roland KD-8), and a kickbox. It will be a bit costly because of international shipping, but again, it is well worth it if you are serious enough.

I believe you can find everything you need on rockbandparts.com. Ryan (the operator) is a cool guy, plus you can get international shipping.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
BURNING13  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for the answers mate. i will try the cable method for now. not much money to spend.cheers
BURNING13  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one last question

i will ask this even when i tested it in my drumset from ion, and didnt work well, but with other pads it might

if i get a pad from a set,could be ion pad, alesis pad etc. and i use it as a jicj pad, will this work?
i mean will it register the hits well? or is it stupid thinking of me? i see some guy sells in an ad his alesis pad (not kick pad, just normal pad). if i plug it in the kick pedals jack and start kickin it with a real double bass pedal, will the hits get registered in rock band? thanx
BURNING13  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i thought again many things and mods. so i need your answers

on mod i thought was this
i get 2 reel switches for a double pedal. i put each onepart of the switch (that has not the cable with jack) on the hammer , and i use only one part of the 2 switches that has the jack, on a pad. iplace then in such way so that whenever one of the 2 hammers kicks the pad, i have a close circuit therefore a hit of the bass is registered. could that work meaning that i dont need to use a twin rocker? just a pad?

also, if i use a twin rocker with 2 reel switches and 2 pedals, i have another question

i know taht i can have eithera a double pedal, or 2 single pedals

which is better? does the double pedal has any differences in the "feel" than 2 single pedals?
advice needed. thanx
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what you're getting at.

Yes, you could put one part of the switch on the metal rod connecting the hammer to the pedal. I know davidshek and some other forum members did this a while back, it works fairly well. (At least for me) it was rather hard to get it precisely to register when the hammer hit the bass pad. I gave up on the project and now use real equipment.

You could try a doorbell mod, which is what I ended up doing for a while, where you take the wires from a mono wire and wire them into a typical doorbell...the hit would be registered whenever the pedal was far down enough, and didn't require a kick trigger or practice pad. Only bad thing about this was that I ended up going through quite a few doorbells... it should be in the Drum Modding 101 sticky.

If you want to use an iON pad or whatever as a bass trigger it will work with a kickbox, not by itself (just plugging it into the bass pedal port without the converter). The kickbox converts the piezo signal (the sensor in the pad) to an on/off switch (what rock band pedals use).

If possible, use a traditional double bass pedal rather than two single pedals. It feels much smoother. Not to say there is anything wrong with using single pedals, its just a personal preference.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
BURNING13  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:

You could try a doorbell mod, which is what I ended up doing for a while, where you take the wires from a mono wire and wire them into a typical doorbell...the hit would be registered whenever the pedal was far down enough, and didn't require a kick trigger or practice pad. Only bad thing about this was that I ended up going through quite a few doorbells... it should be in the Drum Modding 101 sticky.

mate i cant thank you enough
so my mind is set
i will buy a double bsss pedal

since the pad from ion (or another from alesis lets say) require a kickboxm i won use pads or a real kick trigger with a kickbox.
what i will do is probably this
i will get a cheap practise pad or even i will get a cheap replacement pad from ion (doesnt matter if it works or not) and will use it as a practise pad. meaning that i will use it simply as something for the hammers of the double pedal to hit onto. and will do the mod i mentioned above mate

only one question to it
from your experience. if i use an ion pad or an alesis one for a practise pas for the pedal, will it be noisy? or not?
perhaps i could even do a mod for it to be not so loud? any ideas?

i could use the double pedal without the hammers being attached to the pedal, so that the pedal hits to nothing, and put the switch to work whenever i press down the pedal, but wouldnt that mess up with the way the pedal was built to work? wouldnt it have an awkward feel or not?
if not? then i dont even need a pad. any opinions on that?
i mean, what is better? to create a pedal like the rock pedal with no hammer attached on it, or to have a pedal that its hammer hits a pad? whitch is better for drumming?

ps. i couldnt locate the doorbell mod mate, nor did i undertsand what you mean. could you link it to me please? thanx so much for all the help
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes both ION and Alesis pads will be loud as kick pads
BURNING13  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah f@ck. i found an Alesis DM10 8" pad that says it is dual zone for only 30 euros.... i dont know what dual zone does more(any ideas?) so i thought id put it as my snare, and the ion snare to make it a kick pad
if it is so loud it is bad, but i have one question. if i place mosue pads innit wouldnt it be more silenced? ideas?
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go

If you buy that dual zone pad it's smart to make it your snare drum. Though, using actual dual zone won't be really beneficial in Rock Band, but definitely for outside drumming.

If you buy a genuine practice pad (such as the ones from Gibraltar or Pearl) it will make some noise, but it won't be like a kick trigger, and this is due to overall structure, the two are designed differently. The iON pad will sound a bit similar to a kick trigger, but you could always silence it by placing a RB silencer (or mouse pad) over it.

I tried to build a practice pad, it worked for a while. I ended up designing my pedal like the Rock Pedal (doorbell mod) because it allowed me to recognize every single hit I made. If you want to use a bass pad, I would use a reed switch or use an alarm sensor (everything is explained in that sticky under bass pedals).

In the end, it's really going to be what you prefer. There is no one right way to do this mod.

My Accomplishments
BURNING13  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you mate i will study everything and pick my own mod. once i finish everything i will post here the results. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: