FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lock this topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaintMeGorgeouss  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Lock this topic Reply with quote

Since this is obviously a huge problem can a mod please lock this.

Last edited by PaintMeGorgeouss on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
nicoxsanti19  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I request a "Throwing Knives Pro in Modern Warfare 2 Club"?
Im seriously addicted to them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: randomblackguy
82erkle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal banners should stay in the Rock Band thread because they are dealing with Rock Band if they have icons with the instruments in them.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
Personal banners should stay in the Rock Band thread because they are dealing with Rock Band if they have icons with the instruments in them.

On a similar note, there's already a non-GH/RB video game banner thread. >__>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then we'll make this thread to be more like Orcas Uber fun time logos since no one had a problem with that.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: randomblackguy
82erkle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randomblackguy wrote:
Ok then we'll make this thread to be more like Orcas Uber fun time logos since no one had a problem with that.

No. They are still banners. They're not signatures. Just changing the title name doesn't change what they are.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
virascore  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
randomblackguy wrote:

No. They are still banners. They're not signatures. Just changing the title name doesn't change what they are.

I can't figure out why you guys are having such a problem with this. It seems ironic that on the banner thread there was more space used telling people (us?) that those banners didn't belong then the requests/banner posts took up. And you've almost done the same thing here. Besides, you have limited (or no) authority whatsoever in this thread. This thread hasn't, and probably won't, become a problem for anyone. And if this thread dosen't belong then a Mod would lock/delete it. You might be able to accomplish more if you just leave things alone. If this is just a fad it will die out sooner or later.

R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, 12/28/09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xx V1R4 xX
82erkle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

virascore wrote:
82erkle wrote:
randomblackguy wrote:

I can't figure out why you guys are having such a problem with this. It seems ironic that on the banner thread there was more space used telling people (us?) that those banners didn't belong then the requests/banner posts took up. And you've almost done the same thing here. Besides, you have limited (or no) authority whatsoever in this thread. This thread hasn't, and probably won't, become a problem for anyone. And if this thread dosen't belong then a Mod would lock/delete it. You might be able to accomplish more if you just leave things alone. If this is just a fad it will die out sooner or later.

We're having a problem with it because you guys aren't posting where everything should go, as mods designated. There are threads. Use them. Common sense.

virascore  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:

We're having a problem with it because you guys aren't posting where everything should go, as mods designated. There are threads. Use them. Common sense.

Then where do the non-Rock Band banners go? They don't belong in the banner thread, and the thread inv4der mentioned is on the GH side. If there is a non-RB banner thread where this stuff belongs then I'll shutup on the subject and get back to playing Rock Band.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xx V1R4 xX
fuse  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread does belong on the GH side as it's in Gaming Discussion, which RB side does not have.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

virascore wrote:
82erkle wrote:

Then where do the non-Rock Band banners go? They don't belong in the banner thread, and the thread inv4der mentioned is on the GH side. If there is a non-RB banner thread where this stuff belongs then I'll shutup on the subject and get back to playing Rock Band.

The thing is, nobody uses them. Either they're GH banners, RB banners, or other video game banners. There is point of joke banners. You could just quote them in your sig instead of taking about 1/6 of the space up to show the joke. I say if you want them, PM someone for them.

nicoxsanti19  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randomblackguy wrote:
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:

The thing is, nobody uses them. Either they're GH banners, RB banners, or other video game banners. There is point of joke banners. You could just quote them in your sig instead of taking about 1/6 of the space up to show the joke. I say if you want them, PM someone for them.

What if you havent done anything banner worthy (other then FCing Closer on Gh3) and you need more banners. I think my Ollie William's banners are better then quoting the lines from the shows. I take up 1/4 of the slots I use for banners instead of having 3 lines of text. One more thing, how many times have to seen some one in the other thread say "Wow, thats looks really good. I'm going to FC that now for the banner" (or something like that). Alot, right? That person would of never wanted to FC the song because there wasn't a banner already made they wanted. Now apply that to this situtation. I never want the Ollie William's banners, even though he's one of the best characters from Family Guy. I saw the first one and wanted more of them. The threads give people ideas of what they want, and instead of finding a funny joke to PM for a banner they can see what other people have requested.

Well, I'm getting fed up this is arguement over banners. I realize its an uphill fight no one will win. Now I'm going to go play Rock Band.

Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

virascore wrote:
82erkle wrote:

What if you havent done anything banner worthy (other then FCing Closer on Gh3) and you need more banners.

This is the first thing that pisses me off about these banners. No offense to the makers or people using them, but you don't need a banner for every little thing you've done. "OMG I JUST GOT 90% ON LAZY EYE MEDIUM VOX BANNR PLZ" is basically how you're acting. You don't need banners, you want them.

virascore wrote:
"Wow, thats looks really good. I'm going to FC that now for the banner" (or something like that). Alot, right? That person would of never wanted to FC the song because there wasn't a banner already made they wanted.

If you play just for banners, you're basically fooling yourself. Just saying.

virascore wrote:
Now apply that to this situtation. I never want the Ollie William's banners, even though he's one of the best characters from Family Guy. I saw the first one and wanted more of them. The threads give people ideas of what they want, and instead of finding a funny joke to PM for a banner they can see what other people have requested.

Ollie Williams banners don't need their own thread. Keep it to PM if you want them that badly.

Just my two cents.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: