FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
vVv Wins DEVASTATION 2011 Rock Band Tournament (With Video!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I can understand the vVv Adrenaline site misunderstanding whats going on, and just assuming that Energizer has it right. Unless they have a PS3 they have no way of knowing how much ass Interrobang kicked. But reading through the replies in the thread on their website frustrated me. Because the team members accepting congratulations know that they didn't earn second place. http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37957&st=0

Also, the fact that they lied about getting second in the last battle is a bit crazy. It's like they tried to fudge the facts to rationalize why they won second place. Not cool.

Last edited by BigZ7337 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BigZ7337
beingmused  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
However, I admire Interrobang for the grace to say Sure, Take Our Prizes, We Just Want Recognition. I'm pretty sure you're still fighting for your rightful winnings (as evidenced on the rockband.com thread), but you're some cool cats.

Who said take our prizes?? I want prizes!
Thanks for the kind words, though.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: vVv Adrenaline - 2nd Place in Energizer BotB Contest! Reply with quote

Just to clear up any confusion, I'm now in charge of the vVvGaming profile. It was previously run by Paradise (who is Vertiggo here on SH) but he has since been promoted to the Tournament Manager on the vVv forums. I've taken his place as the Rhythm Gaming Manager. I wasn't sure if I should respond using my own personal SH account or the band's. Sorry if that's caused any confusion. And please hear me out before you make up your mind about an entire community of people.

internetguy87 wrote:
Once again sorry if this is a huge douche post, but I really felt it needed to be said.

Don't worry about it. I can certainly understand why you'd think this way.

Trust me when I say I (as well as the rest of my band) really want this whole situation taken care of. If you must know, I sent an email to the same people as soon as I saw that thread on the RB forums, before this thread was even made actually. When I first saw the final leaderboards, I knew something was messed up when we were 2nd. At first I figured that a couple of the bands that should have been above us forgot to sign up or signed u after getting the scores they got. It wasn't until I saw the post on POWTrout's thread that I knew something wasn't right. I followed a post to the RB forums and that's when I sent the email. I was going to reply to beingmused about how I sent the email, but I didn't see any point since I did it days ago and I felt that posting it here would make myself, as well as the rest of the team, look like douchebags who are trying to look good for doing something nice (similar to someone who posts about all the money they donate to the site for example). Thinking back, I should have at least sent beingmused a pm explaining this since he asked, so I'm sorry about that.

We've all been to poorly run tournaments whether they were held online or at some type of LAN center. Sometimes you still win these poorly run tournaments and the grand prize, but in the end you still think "So what? That tournament was awful and I definitely didn't deserve to win." You really don't care much about the prize because you didn't deserve it. That's exactly how I feel and that's exactly what I put in my email.

I'm sure you've all seen many of our current members, as well as our past members f4phantom and MephistoJak before they retired from rhythm games, around these forums for many years and that you know that we've all done what we can to help improve this site in any way we can as well as help any member that we can whether it be to give them GH/RB advice or advice about other things. This will never change. I'm really hoping an almost combined 20 years on this site isn't forgotten about after one screwed up contest. I've met many people on SH over the years and I'm sure that anyone who has every spoken with me will back me up when I say that nothing is more important to me than honesty. And after truly getting to know the other vVv rhythm gamers, both on SH and vVv, I can say with absolute certainty that they feel exactly the same way.

And to clear up what I said earlier, when I said "We're actually surprised we did as well as we did..." I was talking about that we were surprised that we placed 5th after two battles with no OD paths or anything like that, not that we got 2nd. The reason we're advertising ourselves as the runners-up is simply because that's what the official leaderboards have us at. That's the only reason why. If they had us at 3rd and we really deserved to win, I would say just that. We deserved 1st but we got third.

Deschain wrote:
My band, F***ing Classy, was lucky enough to be unaffected by the leaderboard snafu (we're 4th on the battle, as well as overall), so we could pretty much care less. However, I admire Interrobang for the grace to say Sure, Take Our Prizes, We Just Want Recognition. I'm pretty sure you're still fighting for your rightful winnings (as evidenced on the rockband.com thread), but you're some cool cats.

I agree with you completely and have the same outlook on this as Interrobang. To be completely honest, who the hell needs 400 songs? That's absolutely ridiculous. I've owned RB since the first day and I own a total of 15 DLC, and I'm perfectly happy with that. There's probably a couple more songs that I'll pick up now that I can, but I really don't care about all this DLC. This contest I was really hoping would simply help get our name out there and that's it. Rhythm Gaming on vVv has really only been around for a few months, and vVv Adrenaline is maybe only a couple months old but hasn't been to any tournaments or anything yet. And if you read HA's post below, this is something that or band decided on together well before the results were even posted. Tobias and MephistoJak already own almost every DLC to date (MJ is retired now and Tobias said he's just going to buy songs to play with the band), HA only buys songs that interest him on either drums or guitar, and I only buy songs that are difficult on guitar or songs that I think I'll want to play with the band. At this rate, 400 songs will last me around 26 years, so I think it's safe to say I plan on keeping very little of it. If we can split it up, then I'll be giving some to my little brother, some to my friends, and some to put away for a while to determine who else to give it to. The other members plan to do the same.

RJUCPU wrote:
The ONLY truth in this announcement is that vVv Adrenaline placed 2nd in the 1st battle and 4th in the 2nd battle. They placed 5th in the third battle, not 2nd in that battle and certainly not 2nd overall.

Accepting a prize that was not deserved and gloating about it in an open forum is pretty low and I have to admit I've lost any respect for this team that I might have had. Normally I wouldn't post these things in an accomplishments thread but this is not a true accomplishment, it was not earned or deserved and it is no single players thread. There are a lot of younger members on this site, my son included, and this sets a very bad example of sportsmanship.

There is no dishonor in placing in the top 5 in a competition of this magnitude. Be honorable, do the right thing. Reply to the e-mail telling them they made a mistake and urge them to make it right.

The first part is partly my fault. After the final results were shown, I was contacted by the guy who posted the article on vVv saying he wanted to make a quick article about the contest just explaining the basics of it (how it was run, the prizes, etc.). He had asked me where we placed in each individual battle, so I looked everywhere to find the results, but I couldn't find them since the battle's were over and they disappear from the RB leaderboards. I told him that, last I knew, we were 2nd, 4th, and 2nd. This was Tuesday night since it was the last time I checked. I knew that POWTrout still hadn't done the battle, and I figured they would have beaten us, but I couldn't find their score anywhere so I just left it at second. And according to the official leaderboards we were second overall. Obviously something got screwed up, but that's what is says. It wasn't until days after this post that I knew that something was screwed up.

82erkle wrote:
Then again, the sponsor seems like they're not being honest at all either, so I guess it's a group thing.

You really shouldn't make up your mind about an entire community of people from a poorly run tournament, especially one you know very little about. I talk directly to all of the higher-ups on vVv very frequently, and I can tell you that everyone over there holds honesty, as well as other virtues, to the same esteem as SH. If they don't then they will not stay on vVv for very long. In the entire time that vVv has been around, the only time members are banned/dropped is when they have a a problem with honesty or something along those lines. They've never once dropped a player for sucking at tournaments, taking a break from gaming, or something along those lines, but every other sponsor site I can think of will drop a player, no matter who it is, if they constantly do sub par at tournaments. All members have to do is contribute in some way. That's really all they have to do.

http://www.thegamersgarage.com/?p=413 I feel this is a very good interview to listen to if you have any general questions about the man who runs vVv. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the site.

Sorry this took so long to post. It was 2:48 when I started this, but every time it was finished another post appeared. Hopefully I've addressed everyone's concerns. If I missed something or if you have more questions, please ask. Hopefully HMX/MTV will get this situation taken care of and we can all move on. Again, we're all sorry that this sort of thing has happened. We really didn't want our first contest to end like this. I'm going to update this thread tomorrow with something new (since it's now almost 5am right now) and hopefully we can just move on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait a second incorrect online leaderboards? Hold the phone! Stop the presses!

Hope it all gets fixed though.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock, thank you for the post and for emailing the woman at MTV, as well. If they do decide to address this, it will probably be due to your honesty and your taking the initiative to reply and try to correct it. Also thanks to Tobias, who talked to me over IRC really soon after you guys got your email to confirm that they'd already contacted the winners so we could go ahead and try to get in touch with someone.

And to reiterate, we know it wasn't your fault that the results were wrong, and you aren't the ones who made the original post here (and I can understand the person who did, not knowing all the information about the results, not seeing any problem with it).

I hope that, if the people running the contest decide to correct the issues, that you guys still get to keep the prizes they told you that you had.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with most of what Kristen said. Thanks brock for trying to clear this up and contacting the contest administrators was the honorable thing to do, it shows a sense of morality and fair play.

However, I don't think you should get to keep the prize straightened out or not. You should be getting 100 DLC, no more, regardless of the outcoome. To be honest, you don't deserve it, you didn't earn it. As you all said, you had one run at everything except the first battle and only pathed your re-run. I don't know about F***ing Classy or Negative Seven but I do know that Interrobang spent the time to path all three battles just as we did. I also know how much time Joe spent doing that (way way more than actually playing the sets) and all the prep that went into each one.

Since the DLC obviously means nothing to any of you, the noble thing would be to surrender the excess DLC of your prize to the true 2nd place team. While that won't give them the "prize pack" (you would get that even from 5th place) it would be a good faith gesture towards the team who rightfully should have received it and expended the effort to get there. Giving it away to your friends and family etc etc etc is nice but it's not really yours to give and should go to the rightful winner.

I still hold out faith that this all gets straightened out and everyone gets what they rightfully deserve. Negative Seven is getting screwed here as well and there's another team that didn't even make the top 5 that unfortunately probably received notification based on 1st battle standings

Anyway, thanks for addressing this here and also at vvv-gaming.com.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJUCPU wrote:

However, I don't think you should get to keep the prize straightened out or not. You should be getting 100 DLC, no more, regardless of the outcome. To be honest, you don't deserve it, you didn't earn it.

I have to disagree here. They shouldn't be punished for someone elses mistake. They were declared 2nd place, and they should keep all prizes promised to the second place winners, even if they unofficially did not come in second place. Officially they did get 2nd place, and officially they should get the 2nd place prizes. Frankly, I feel like others are ganging up on vvv in this thread for something they have no control over, which is bullshit to me.

In no way do I think vvv should be giving Kristen, Aaron, Brian, and Curtis their DLC just as a kind gesture. You're talkng about giving up 300 DLC(leaving vvv with 100) or roughly $600 they each have been given to others for the sake of being fair and moral. Good luck with that. Everyone should get the DLC and prizes they were emailed.

I can't speak for the rest of Ib or Curtis, but to me, i would just like some sort of clarity on exactly how the hell the tournament runners screwed it up so bad(We know exactly what the leaderboards were based on). I mean we were able to find the legitimate top 5 bands with 15 minutes and a calculator. Basically some sort of official statement saying they screwed up is all, not just a "We're looking into it" and never to be brought up again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
beingmused  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until we hear how MTV is going to handle things, no one knows who is getting what, so it is really premature to discuss what should or shouldn't be done with the DLC.

I must question my bandmate's definition of "official", however. The contest rules are much more "official" than a congratulatory email.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally feel how Sixen does. The official final standings have them in second. If they weren't supposed to get second (which apparently they aren't) then that's the tournament hosts fault, not theirs. All vVv can do is contact the host, which Brock has done, and wait.

Also, if they already got their prize for coming in second (I don't know if they did or not), then they should get to keep it. I'm not saying that the people who should have gotten second shouldn't get theirs, but it shouldn't be taken away from the people who already got it. If the hosts fucked up, so it should come out of their pocket, simple as that. Why should one band be penalized for a mistake the host made?
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
RJUCPU wrote:

However, I don't think you should get to keep the prize straightened out or not. You should be getting 100 DLC, no more, regardless of the outcome. To be honest, you don't deserve it, you didn't earn it.

I have to disagree here. They shouldn't be punished for someone elses mistake. They were declared 2nd place, and they should keep all prizes promised to the second place winners, even if they unofficially did not come in second place. Officially they did get 2nd place, and officially they should get the 2nd place prizes. Frankly, I feel like others are ganging up on vvv in this thread for something they have no control over, which is bullshit to me.

In no way do I think vvv should be giving Kristen, Aaron, Brian, and Curtis their DLC just as a kind gesture. You're talkng about giving up 300 DLC(leaving vvv with 100) or roughly $600 they each have been given to others for the sake of being fair and moral. Good luck with that. Everyone should get the DLC and prizes they were emailed.

I can't speak for the rest of Ib or Curtis, but to me, i would just like some sort of clarity on exactly how the hell the tournament runners screwed it up so bad(We know exactly what the leaderboards were based on). I mean we were able to find the legitimate top 5 bands with 15 minutes and a calculator. Basically some sort of official statement saying they screwed up is all, not just a "We're looking into it" and never to be brought up again.

First of all, I thank you Deschain for calling me very noble lol but as beingmused says I am not quite that noble. I more or less agree with Sixen in this post, and that is what I meant.

Also, I thank you for the quick respond and no one going off at me in my post. A few things I wanted to add/fix. I have no idea how gaming clans or those kinds of things are run at all. I have no idea how big or how many games these clans cover, so I had no idea there could be 100's of people. I wasn't trying to stereotype people that were no way involved, but this was simply my naivety.

As for the prizes, they are kind of important to me. I am a recent college graduate that cannot find a job. I am currently working at target just to pay off my student loan payments that have started and have basically no money to spend on anything else. Interrobang tries to play every single song in RB, so having 400 free would truly help me until I can find a job. I guess this is the reason I am mostly upset and felt like posting this. I truly can use that DLC that I did earn.

I hope you have no hard feelings towards me or my band, and that hopefully something will be done and things work out.

Edit: Also I have never played in a Rock Band competition in real life, and the only ones I've played online are those Pepsi random drawing ones, so I guess I am just not used to tournaments being run poorly. In my mind it seems like the most simple kinda of tournament to run. HMX did get all the scores for the BOTB, so simply add them together. But I guess if HMX still can't get a working leaderboard for RB2 then the Sum function must be something you don't learn until you get your doctorate in C.S.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you guys may be right, however, I do not feel that you should accept an amount you didn't earn/deserve/win. No matter what you all think. To me that's stealing from the contest promoters. It was obviously a clerical error, probably some administrative staff who gathered the wrong information and sent it out prematurely since they were behind and probably scrambling. This kind of shit happens ALL the time. An e-mail notification doesn't entitle you to receive an undue amount. It's not a contract and every rules page for every contest in the universe says they have the right to make whatever changes they see fit. Nobody has received any prizes yet or even a second round of e-mails. Nothing is official until everyone meets the verification requirements set forth in the rules.

Who these guys give their prize to is up to them, I'll concede that point (even though it's in no way how I would handle myself in the same situation). This is absolutely no different than going into a store and getting back a $50 bill in change instead of a $5. Would you keep it? That's a true test of morals and character. Sure, you think hey! wasn't my error, I'm entitled to it. (Although no one is ever "entitled" to benefit from an error although evidently plenty of people think they are.) However, the cashier that made that error would receive quite a bit of problem guaranteed. But who cares right? It's just a nobody that made a mistake <_< Guess everyone should be penalized severely for making mistakes according to this consensus. Sorry gang but I have higher standards than that and yes, I would return the money to the cashier and tell them they made a mistake. Just as if this were my band in this situation I'd be doing whatever was necessary to contact someone and get it straightened out. Even if it meant numerous e-mails, numerous phone calls, excessive googling for additional means of contact. We're not talking about receiving an extra quarter or dollar in change, this is a BIG difference and I do NOT feel that anyone, no matter how high profile they are, should accept something they didn't earn especially when a lot of other people put massive time and effort into it. I would have no satisfaction out of receiving a prize I didn't win.

In any case, I think brock did a very stand up thing by addressing this publicly and I commend him on that effort. I'll remove myself from this debate now and just watch. Doesn't affect my bands standings. Will be interesting to see how things pan out as well as insights into a lot of personalities here I never knew before. I don't think anyone is ganging up on vVv and don't think any of us would even be posting in here if this thread had just never been created or had been titled correctly. This thread was a claim for winning 2nd place which it's been proven over and over is not the case.

Anyway, good luck everyone and Interrobang.... as I've said before, if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

¯\(°_o)/¯

I honestly have to congratulate the guys *period*, so whatever. I still love them all the same, lol.
vVvGaming  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7GgNZQSWuo&fmt=18

vVv Adrenaline's first full band video! This would be 2nd place on all systems if we were to input the score on SH.

This was MephistoJak's final performance with vVv before retiring from gaming. We'd like to give a huge thanks to him for everything he's done for the band. There's a lot of "behind the scenes" things he did like coming up with OD paths (which took WAY longer to do than actually playing the song), as well as a lot of filming he did for the band, so he'll definitely be missed. Fortunately, we're already talking with a couple people interested in his position so hopefully we'll have a new bassist soon. We can't say anything about this until it's official, but we'll let you know. Ryan, you'll be a hard guy to replace, but we'll do what we can. Good luck with life!

Also, all of vVv Adrenaline's full band videos will be uploaded to the vVvGamer channel, so subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/vVvGamer if you want to see our band videos as they are uploaded.

Band lineup for the video:

Guitar: vVv Brock
Drums: vVv Hellashes
Bass: vVv MephistoJak
Vocals: vVv Tobias

vVv Gaming's Accomplishments Threads
*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero
Sixen  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you have said it, but was missed by me but, with Jak no longer playing, who will be your bassist?

Nice FBFC also, it's my favorite song in RB.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
vVvGaming  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
Maybe you have said it, but was missed by me but, with Jak no longer playing, who will be your bassist?

Nice FBFC also, it's my favorite song in RB.

vVvGaming wrote:
Fortunately, we're already talking with a couple people interested in his position so hopefully we'll have a new bassist soon. We can't say anything about this until it's official, but we'll let you know.

It may be a little while before we make an official announcement, but as we make more videos he may pop up even before he's officially part of then band. Since I'm not exactly sure yet what I can and can't say, it's probably best to not say anything. But I will say that he's pretty damn good .

vVv Gaming's Accomplishments Threads
*Rock Band
*Guitar Hero
*DJ Hero
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: