FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pony Rock Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. If the mid beat tempo change gets removed, I'll rebuild the CON and try it out to see if it syncs more nicely with my upgrade.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10/11: Things are moving along quite splendidly with this little project of mine, I've gotta say. The response from artists and fans alike has been wonderful. So a few things:

Harmonix recently updated Rock Band 3. This update breaks the ability to use customs in the way that we have been and I'm not really sure how to handle that yet, so I'll be continuing to release my songs in the same way as I have before. If you've ever jailbroken an Apple device, follow the same principle here and avoid the update like the plague if you want to play customs. If you've already updated, read through this thread for some advice.

I've updated "NO, Thank You!" by HTT. I noticed there may have been some issues with the MIDI that didn't really effect gameplay, but may be effecting my buddy raynebc's ability to create a pro guitar chart, so hopefully this update fixes that!

Jackle App's "Summer" is going to be a little delayed while I work out some stuff with stems with the artist. "Gimmie R D" is moving along quickly but has been somewhat difficult to chart due to a combination of limitations of the stems and the fact that it's a freaking crazy-ass song. RIP drummers is all I have to say. I'll be moving on to Shaico's "CMC Go Crusading" cover soon as well.

There are so many more songs to reveal and GuitarHailz forced me at gunpoint (not really) to spill the beans on the next song in line after Shaico's tune, so here it is:

"Luna (NIGHTMARE MODE)" by Eurobeat Brony!

All of my Rock Band bronies should be excited now. That's all I got for now. Later!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering why Megaman768 did the Dream Mode version instead of the Nightmare Mode version. At least I'm gonna get it in some way now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:
I was wondering why Megaman768 did the Dream Mode version instead of the Nightmare Mode version. At least I'm gonna get it in some way now.

And with the song's original master recording! I hope there's no hard feelings Megaman!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Megaman768  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:

Because I despise screamos to death
LyokoFreaks wrote:
And with the song's original master recording! I hope there's no hard feelings Megaman!

I asked for a simple piano sheet for one of their songs and got no reply, and you have a master recording, nope no hard feelings at all
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my upgrade's tempo map was too different, I had to resync it with the base "No Thank You" MIDI in Reaper, but other than that, everything looks to be working A-OK so far:
http://youtu.be/-WnuqfHj9N8

I'll try to get the rest of the guitar track finished up and add bass.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/13: And I'm back! Not breaking any speed records, but whatever. It's the quality that counts, amirite? Anyway, here we are again with another MLP release. This time I bring you the amazing ISMBOF! This track of his is absolutely phenomenal. A little fun fact: he couldn't find the stems when I asked him, so I almost ended up doing "The Great And Powerful (x20)"! Which is an awesome song, but I'm so happy he found the stems to "Gimmie R D". This song is a treat because it's my first time uploading a "2x Bass Pedal" chart. The drums are rated "Impossible," so I hope you all stretch those leg muscles before you try this one.

Still working stuff out with Jackle App, so I've started Shaico's "Cutie Mark Crusading Guitars". It's actually almost done, so you may see this one in a couple of days (there's my speed record!). I guess I'll announce another song then. Coming up next is going to be a dual release from derpidety with two versions of "Dash's Empty Sky". One is the original instrumental and the other is his 250 subscriber remaster including vocals. How awesome!

That's all I've got for now. I'll keep you all posted with my continuing progress. Thanks so much for all of the support I've been getting. It's fun to do this, but it's all of the amazing feedback I've been getting that really keeps me going strong. Later bronies!
4512jth  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimmie RD ! It's a shame I've got a really big project going on right now, but I'll be sure to try it Wednesday or Thursday night with a full band to see how awesome it truly is. I also like how you can hear the bass a lot more when it's mixed in game, it's pretty awesome sounding.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hertz4512
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4512jth wrote:
Gimmie RD ! It's a shame I've got a really big project going on right now, but I'll be sure to try it Wednesday or Thursday night with a full band to see how awesome it truly is. I also like how you can hear the bass a lot more when it's mixed in game, it's pretty awesome sounding.

It's really fun, if I do say so myself. The drums are just wtf, haha.

I was watching a chart someone else did of this song with the MP3 and was like, "where's the bass?" That's one of the best parts of having these master stems is being able to remaster these songs so you can hear what you're playing.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/17: Some tagging errors have been corrected on ISMBOFepicly's "Gimme R D". Make sure you download the latest package! Jackle App's "Summer" will be coming out very soon, so hang tight!
4512jth  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that have affected the gameplay of the song in any way? I played through Gimmie RD, Millennium Alone, and Beyond Her Tomb and I have to say, I was extremely impressed. The songs were extremely fun to play (a bit easy, but fun) and felt very much like actual Rock Band songs. There may have been one or two notes off sync in Beyond Her Tomb, but other than that it was an excellent experience. Can't wait for more pony-related music!

EDIT: Played through the same songs with two guitars and me on drums. Holy hell fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hertz4512
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4512jth wrote:
Would that have affected the gameplay of the song in any way? I played through Gimmie RD, Millennium Alone, and Beyond Her Tomb and I have to say, I was extremely impressed. The songs were extremely fun to play (a bit easy, but fun) and felt very much like actual Rock Band songs. There may have been one or two notes off sync in Beyond Her Tomb, but other than that it was an excellent experience. Can't wait for more pony-related music!

EDIT: Played through the same songs with two guitars and me on drums. Holy hell fun.

No, there were no changes to anything in the new "Gimme R D" packages other than the title of the song. For some ungodly reason, I had put "Gimmie R D", with the extra "I" in there, everywhere. Kind of an embarrassing mistake that the title of the song was misspelled, but hey, I'm just one guy. XD

Thanks for the reviews! I take a lot of pride in my work on customs and it makes me very happy that they can be compared to official DLC. Working with these artists has been an amazing experience and I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon.
4512jth  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I make a suggestion?

Also, how did you get so good at charting? Was there a tutorial you used or did you basically wing it and experiment with it?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4512jth wrote:
Might I make a suggestion?

Also, how did you get so good at charting? Was there a tutorial you used or did you basically wing it and experiment with it?

I always welcome suggestions! That said, I have a track coming from him eventually. ;)

As far as my charting experience, it's all just practice. I've been doing customs since 2007. When RBN came out, I was a part of Rhythm Authors for a while too. It's a combination of analyzing HMX's charts, playing the game all the time and following some basic guidelines.
4512jth  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I can tell you have a lot of experience (though I was hoping for a possible tutorial of somesort that maybe you had used previously ) I'll probably stick to FeedBack to charting since REAPER seems way over my head :P Anyways, keep making more awesome songs, I'll be sure to play 'em all!

/endtopicspam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: