FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pony Rock Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4512jth  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, these songs are you going to be really fun to play regardless of whether or not you are a fan. This'll probably convince me to get my customs set up again just so I can play some of these songs, can't wait for 'em!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Hertz4512
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10/31: Happy Halloween everyone! I'm just about finished with "Millennium Alone," but I won't be releasing it just yet. Cyril and I are planning a little something for it.

So in the mean time, I'll start working on another track. This one is by another unannounced artist. I listened to this track when it came out a few days ago and I immediately asked if I could include it in my project. To my delight, he said "YES!" So coming soon to you by way of Rock Band is a song by MicTheMicrophone entitled "Beyond Her Tomb." Check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the band score for "No, Thank You", do you mind if I work on a pro guitar/bass upgrade?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I've got the band score for "No, Thank You", do you mind if I work on a pro guitar/bass upgrade?

Please do! That would be awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried using RB3 Maker yet, but it doesn't sound like it will be too difficult to use to get a CON file, and then the MIDI.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/3: It's finally here! "Millennium Alone (Luna)" by Cyril the Wolf hits Rock Band today and there's a special treat for all of you. EXCLUSIVE (for now) to this Rock Band track is a vocal retake by the man Cyril himself! (Guess he thought he could do better without the hay fever and by god he did!) Cyril told me that he'll be releasing the song with the new vocal retake as a gift when he reaches 100 subscribers on his YouTube page, so do the man a favor and subscribe!

Also of note is my exponential progress in terms of mixing. This enlightenment revealed to me that my "Summer Wrap Up" mix was a little bit lacking, so I have released the song again. Make sure you delete the old one through your song library and that you have "summerwrapup_rb3con_v2" on your flash drive.

I'm so excited about this new release that I'm going to reveal another song! Next up we've got Shaico's cover of "Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading"! This is a wicked awesome tune in the show and Shaico's guitar cover only cakes on another layer of epic. Check it out here!
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/6: Already done with this new song?!
Yes, despite churning out a chart every seven months back in the day, ponies have given me some serious motivation! So, three days later, here we are again with another release. This time I bring you Mic The Microphone's "Beyond Her Tomb"! I was so impressed by this song that I asked Mic for this it on the day he released it. Fast forward and here we are! What more can I say about this track? Mic and Glaze (Wooden Toaster) make one hell of a team. Mic asked me to give credit where credit is due, so a million thanks to Mic The Microphone, Glaze and The Living Tombstone! Mic mentions Lulz on the track as well, and I love Lulz, so shout out to you too man!

Don't expect any slow down from me. I'm banging these out as quickly as possible while maintaining my high quality mantra. It's my responsibility to do these artists proper justice in representing them on the Rock Band platform after all! That said, I don't think this next one will be coming out in the next three days, but you won't have to wait too long. Up next is Jackle App's "Summer"! See ya everypony!
PlayfulPossum  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Just installed "Beyond Her Tomb" Reply with quote

and it was awesome! SO glad your taking your time to do this!
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I charted pro guitar for the first verse and chorus of "No Thank You" and went to try RB3 Maker. After it gave a Magma compilation error again (even though I made the project folder one without spaces), I opened the Magma project and found that the file paths are all wrong, ie:
D:\rb3makerothankyou_mute.wav
instead of
D:\rb3maker\nothankyou_mute.wav

Is this a known bug?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I charted pro guitar for the first verse and chorus of "No Thank You" and went to try RB3 Maker. After it gave a Magma compilation error again (even though I made the project folder one without spaces), I opened the Magma project and found that the file paths are all wrong, ie:
instead of

Is this a known bug?

Not that I know of. Does it work if you fix the paths?
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
instead of

Is this a known bug?

Mmm hmm. I just never happened to stumble across it - it's interpreting the "\n" as a newline somewhere, and needs a proper "\\" escape sequence. Fixed a week or so back, I hope, in 2.1.0.58.

The latest beta (2.1.0.71) has settled down pretty well. Give it a go. If that's what you've got now, let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I fixed the paths in Magma, it built the package without problem. I'll grab the latest RB3Maker beta, thanks for the advice.

Edit: Does the beta have any problems with my storing the project in a path with space characters?

Edit 2: I was trying to figure out what was causing my pro upgrade for "No Thank You" to be about a half beat out of sync after the first 8 notes. It looks like the weird mid-beat tempo change at 16s10ms caused EOF to compensate by adding an extra beat and the tempo map ended up with a tempo change of 379.07BPM which RB3 probably just decided not to handle. I'm going to try to remove that tempo in EOF, but it might be worth considering updating the base chart itself, since mid beat changes are not quite as clean as normal beat mapping.

Edit 3: It still didn't work right because it must have been reading the tempo map from the base chart and not the one in the pro upgrade MIDI.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
After I fixed the paths in Magma, it built the package without problem. I'll grab the latest RB3Maker beta, thanks for the advice.

Edit: Does the beta have any problems with my storing the project in a path with space characters?

Edit 2: I was trying to figure out what was causing my pro upgrade for "No Thank You" to be about a half beat out of sync after the first 8 notes. It looks like the weird mid-beat tempo change at 16s10ms caused EOF to compensate by adding an extra beat and the tempo map ended up with a tempo change of 379.07BPM which RB3 probably just decided not to handle. I'm going to try to remove that tempo in EOF, but it might be worth considering updating the base chart itself, since mid beat changes are not quite as clean as normal beat mapping.

Edit 3: It still didn't work right because it must have been reading the tempo map from the base chart and not the one in the pro upgrade MIDI.

I had corrected that, but the MIDI in the zip packaged seems to have derped somehow. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

EDIT: Er... REAPER is not exporting my time signature changes there for some reason. I'll continue to search for an answer. Hang tight.

EDIT2: Okay, REAPER IS exporting the MIDI correctly, just not importing it correctly. I don't really know what to do about that, but the MIDI in the zip package is correct.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the MIDI file replaced?
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Was the MIDI file replaced?

In the package? No, not yet. I'm going to reupload it today just in case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: