FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about Rock Band 2 for PS2 on PS3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMT  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Question about Rock Band 2 for PS2 on PS3? Reply with quote

My friend has the PS3 with PS2 backwards compatibility. He has the full-band setup but doesn't have RB2. Could my PS2 disc work with the PS3 instruments on the PS3?
Sixen  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% on it with that situation, but i know PS3 instruments work on the PS2 game. I don't see why they wouldn't with a backwards compatible PS3.

My educated guess is yes, it will. Hopefully someone can verify.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
CCDaDon  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 peripherals are PS2 peripherals and vice versa. It should work.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get this straight.

PS2/3 ROCK BAND instruments (RB1/2/Beatles) will work on the PS2 version of RB2.
PS2/3 GUITAR HERO instruments (GH:WT/GH5) will not work on the PS2 version of RB2, despite them being USB as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Let's get this straight.

PS2/3 ROCK BAND instruments (RB1/2/Beatles) will work on the PS2 version of RB2.
PS2/3 GUITAR HERO instruments (GH:WT/GH5) will not work on the PS2 version of RB2, despite them being USB as well.

Yes you are correct, but for the Guitar Hero instruments, I have a GH World Tour guitar controller (the PS2 version) and it fully works with Rock Band 1, 2, Track Pack Vol. 1, and the AC/DC Track Pack on the PS2. Seeing as the other Track Packs use the RB1 engine then it may work as well on those. I'm not sure what compatibility the GH5 guitar has on the PS2 (I'm wondering if anyone even has that guitar?). The PS2 Guitar Hero guitars (from World Tour and GH5) both use the standard controller port, and not a USB connection, hence why they work with RB2.

As for the Guitar Hero drums, I don't have one so I can't say how they work on RB2 on the PS2.

If you are talking about the PS3 GHWT Guitar controller, then I don't think it will work on the PS2 version of Rock Band 2 since it uses a USB-type connection.

To answer the OP's question, I believe Rock Band 2 on the PS2 should work on the Playstation 3. If your friend has an early model that had the Emotion Engine in it (allowing for almost full backwards compatibility) then it should work (the 20/60 GB PS3's). If it's the 80 GB limited backwards compatibility one, then I'm unsure about that.

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!

Last edited by Megashot on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you guys are answering his question.

I believe he's asking if his PS2 RB2 DISC will work on a backwards compatible PS3.

I don't own a PS3 so I can't say for sure but I'd guess no since there are separate discs for both consoles.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopazGrl wrote:
I don't think you guys are answering his question.

I believe he's asking if his PS2 RB2 DISC will work on a backwards compatible PS3.

I don't own a PS3 so I can't say for sure but I'd guess no since there are separate discs for both consoles.

I don't think you're understanding his question either. The question is if his PS3 instruments will work on his PS2 copy of RB2 played on his backwards compatible PS3.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Let's get this straight.

Yes you are correct, but for the Guitar Hero instruments, I have a GH World Tour guitar controller (the PS2 version) and it fully works with Rock Band 1, 2, Track Pack Vol. 1, and the AC/DC Track Pack on the PS2. Seeing as the other Track Packs use the RB1 engine then it may work as well on those. I'm not sure what compatibility the GH5 guitar has on the PS2 (I'm wondering if anyone even has that guitar?). The PS2 Guitar Hero guitars (from World Tour and GH5) both use the standard controller port, and not a USB connection, hence why they work with RB2.

As for the Guitar Hero drums, I don't have one so I can't say how they work on RB2 on the PS2.

If you are talking about the PS3 GHWT Guitar controller, then I don't think it will work on the PS2 version of Rock Band 2 since it uses a USB-type connection.

To answer the OP's question, I believe Rock Band 2 on the PS2 should work on the Playstation 3. If your friend has an early model that had the Emotion Engine in it (allowing for almost full backwards compatibility) then it should work (the 20/60 GB PS3's). If it's the 80 GB limited backwards compatibility one, then I'm unsure about that.

Really? I own a PS2/3 WT guitar (They're the same thing) and Track Pack 1 for the PS2, and last time tried, they didn't work. Maybe y memory could be failing me, however. Whatever the case, I don't think that PS3 Les Pauls work on the PS2 version of RB2, even though they're pretty much the same thing as the WT Guitar.

EDIT: Although, it seems the Wiki is against me as well, in which case, my memory must be failing me.

Though if anyone has a PS3 Les Paul and a PS2 RB1/2, knowing if they work together would be of great benefit to me, for RB parties in my Uni household.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you DLC on a PS2 RB2 4 PS3?
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaborgZaloog wrote:
Can you DLC on a PS2 RB2 4 PS3?

no, you need the PS3 version for DLC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: