FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LEGO Rock Band Picture/Video Proof
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sokushi  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: LEGO Rock Band Picture/Video Proof Reply with quote

Should picture or video proof be required when entering LEGO Rock Band scores? With RB2 if you don't submit a pic or video you can always fall back on the online leaderboards, but LRB doesn't have that. It would seem if the user didn't submit a pic or video and someone reports their score, then a mod is pretty much obligated to delete it.

There's another thing I've been curious about: if a mod does delete a score is the user notified in any way?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will be necessary, seeing as how none of the games on PS2 have any online at all, and none of those require proof.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SH has ALWAYS worked off of the honor system. while there are cheaters here and there (impossible to avoid with this many users), the mod staff is absolutely excellent at spotting and banning said cheaters. however, if you FC something crazy like say...i dunno.... dueling banjos, I think you should at the very least write it down.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
SH has ALWAYS worked off of the honor system. while there are cheaters here and there (impossible to avoid with this many users), the mod staff is absolutely excellent at spotting and banning said cheaters. however, if you FC something crazy like say...i dunno.... dueling banjos, I think you should at the very least write it down.

I'd say if you REALLY want to be sure, you should draw what you see on the screen when you FC it.

[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:

I'd say if you REALLY want to be sure, you should draw what you see on the screen when you FC it.

[indisputable proof that PiemanLK FCed Crawl]

I'm pretty sure that that would work, and that no one would question it.

I thought I remembered there being some kind of general rule where if you're submitting a significant number of top-5 scores, you should provide proof for some portion of them, but I don't remember what it was exactly or where I saw it :-) And most Lego Rock Band scores are top-5 right now :-p
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
I thought I remembered there being some kind of general rule where if you're submitting a significant number of top-5 scores, you should provide proof for some portion of them, but I don't remember what it was exactly or where I saw it :-) And most Lego Rock Band scores are top-5 right now :-p

Well, on a more serious note, I've always used the rule of thumb that if it's something REALLY outside of your skill level or it's something that is extremely hard in general, you should have proof. I mean, Closer is a pretty common FC that everyone has and isn't hard at all. But if my only FC was Closer and I FC'd Raining Blood, that might smell a little fishy. I'd say top 5 is a little too arbitrary a number; people really just should use their best judgment on these things. I take pictures of all my FCs no matter what song or difficulty they're on myself, just to be on the safe side.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:

Yep, but hey, even with a crazy fc like Dueling Banjos and no proof, there is some sense of trust in a person when they say it. I mean, hey, things happen, sometimes you have a camera or video camera and sometimes you don't, nothing to make fun of. :/

Anyways, if your score is a bit high like in top 10 or so, proof seems needed there but like kinda in the middle or bottom, doesn't seem as much likely.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
I mean, hey, things happen, sometimes you have a camera or video camera and sometimes you don't, nothing to make fun of. :/

Well, at the very least, if you have a cellphone, a webcam, anything at all that takes pictures and can be scanned/uploaded to the internet, if you get an FC like THAT, then use it. The best I have is a webcam

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Well, at the very least, if you have a cellphone, a webcam, anything at all that takes pictures and can be scanned/uploaded to the internet, if you get an FC like THAT, then use it. The best I have is a webcam

I see what your getting to, but still, a lot people don't think of cellphones that much or webcams. A lot of people don't have anything with a pic or video camera like how my camcorder doesn't have a USB Port where I can plug it in to my computer to upload videos.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an exmaple, if, say, you are the only one to claim a gold star on A-Punk X Guitar when no one else could, you MIGHT WANT TO INCLUDE A PHOTO. </minirant>
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I have an exmaple, if, say, you are the only one to claim a gold star on A-Punk X Guitar when no one else could, you MIGHT WANT TO INCLUDE A PHOTO. </minirant>

Dude, the (possibly) GS score is on the rockband.com leaderboards, not on ScoreHero. Stop bitching about it.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a few people here have said, use your best judgment. If you get a great score on something hard that you think people might challenge you on, go ahead and take the picture. I don't have the game yet (hopefully picking it up today and trying it out tomorrow), but I would guess that there's probably setlist scores on it the same way there are on the other RB games, where your highest score is reflected on the list of songs. If we are suspicious of some of your scores, we may request photo proof, which you should be able to provide from the setlist even if you didn't take a photo before.

Regarding your other question in the OP, we usually do not notify when we delete scores. We would have to manually write a PM every time if we did, and we simply don't have time to do that. In some special cases we might send a message, but usually no.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
The (possibly) GS score is on the rockband.com leaderboards, not on ScoreHero.
There's a 121,704 GS score posted on the 360 SH leaderboard.

And I'm sorry you don't understand emotions, but that little that I put at the end of my post means I'm not pissed about it, I'm not bitching..hence the term "minirant".
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
bclare wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
The (possibly) GS score is on the rockband.com leaderboards, not on ScoreHero.
There's a 121,704 GS score posted on the 360 SH leaderboard.

And I'm sorry you don't understand emotions, but that little that I put at the end of my post means I'm not pissed about it, I'm not bitching..hence the term "minirant".

http://rockband.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=5&platform=2&size=1&group=1&diff=4&vox=solo&song=2097&page=1&highlight=1

The only "GS" scores are for scores that are much lower than abomstar's first place non-GS. I think some people just enter 6 stars, accidentally or not, whenever they FC a song.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see the XBL board, the score I was looking at was 1st XP on SH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: