FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/10 DLC - The White Stripes, The Damned, and Kasabian
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icky Thump is the most overtiered Guitar chart in the history of RB. It's still a fun song to play and listen to (a surprise for me), but it is ridiculous that it is under "Impossible".
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
MrPizza1771  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderFun wrote:
MrPizza1771 wrote:
BTW, is the singing talkies?

Nope, most of it is charted with pitch, with the exception of one verse I can remember (from "White Americans, what? Nothing better to do?" to "you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.")

Yeah, the "Pimp and prostitute" part is awesome, but I guess that verse would make no sense without it, but still...

Aww sweet... This is now a total must-buy...

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mr Pizza1771 PSN Name: MrPizza17
sean2490  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

It's just disappointing to see a song that holds such sentimentality to you so glaringly mischarted.

Never doubt the people with the master track. Because a band plays it one way live dies not mean it's the same in the studio.

Also, assuming that they have mixed up their instruments, they would have done it on purpose and for a good reason.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
Icky Thump is the most overtiered Guitar chart in the history of RB. It's still a fun song to play and listen to (a surprise for me), but it is ridiculous that it is under "Impossible".

Have you played Icky Thump on X guitar? THere are 2 very difficult solos. It shouldn't fail out a decent player, but it's hard to FC, and we never really do know what criteria they use to determine tiering.
Benster26  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay
white stripes

Back on the 11th!
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
BigSnatch wrote:

Have you played Icky Thump on X guitar? THere are 2 very difficult solos. It shouldn't fail out a decent player, but it's hard to FC, and we never really do know what criteria they use to determine tiering.

Yes I played it and that's why I posted what I did.
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
bclare wrote:
BigSnatch wrote:

Yes I played it and that's why I posted what I did.

its probably because there's 5 solos.....2 of which are very hard to hit. so yeah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

It's just disappointing to see a song that holds such sentimentality to you so glaringly mischarted.

Never doubt the people with the master track. Because a band plays it one way live dies not mean it's the same in the studio.

Also, assuming that they have mixed up their instruments, they would have done it on purpose and for a good reason.

The only reason I can see the guitar charted as it was is if there actually is NO guitar track in the original recording, ala Big Bottom.

Given that the bass does play the "high" lead, there's a good chance it's overdubbed, with two bass lines. This would lead to there being no actual guitar on the album recording (different from the live playing).

If this were the case, then I'll concede the issue to harmonix, although it would still confuse me why the charted the upper register parts to bass and lower to guitar, and not vice-versa (again, see Big Bottom: Two bass parts, higher charted to guitar, lower charted to bass).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: