FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Solo Bonuses Different in Lego Rock Band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diablocon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Solo Bonuses Different in Lego Rock Band Reply with quote

As I've been playing Lego Rock Band, I realised something. Whenever I didn't FC a solo I'd notice I'd still be getting a heck of a lot more points than I should be for the bonus. So I decided to run a quick test.

The cover of Limelight's solo has exactly 100 notes in it, so it was a great place to test this out. If you didn't know, your solo bonus is dependant on how many notes are in the solo, with a perfect solo getting you 100 x [number of notes in the solo]. So Limelight here for example gets you 10,000 points for a solo FC.

So into practice mode I go in RB2. FC the solo, I get 10,000. Next time, I intentionally miss the last note, get 99% and get 5,000 (if your percentage is 95-99%, you get half of what the FC score is).

Pop in Lego RB. FC the solo, I get 10,000. Next time, miss the note, 99%, 8000 points!

So yeah, the solo bonuses have been slightly raised in Lego Rock Band. Not too big, doesn't affect FC scores when comparing LRB to RB2. However, songs like GGAHT are going to have MUCH bigger scores in LRB than it will in RB2.
olle92  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good imo. I've always thought that FCing a solo and missing one note is too big a difference point-wise(or should i say stud-wise?). Good that it doesn't affect FC-bonuses.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspected this but didnt test it, thanks for confirming
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok, so my observation that I got a ~49k solo bonus on Short and Sweet without FCing it doesn't mean the second solo has almost 1000 notes in it, eh?
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
TheDave  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great test! Thanks for finding this out.

I was kind of wondering why my GGAHT score was so good during my ESL...

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
Starz007  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. I knew something was off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the solo bonuses in LRB are much, much higher.

Not only does awesome give 80x instead of 50x, it only requires getting an 80% on the solo for that. Likewise, great is 60% or higher and gives 60x and so forth. Thus, getting 60% on a solo in LRB gives more bonus points (not counting those lost from missing, would still end up less) than 95% in RB2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: