FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Somerville, MA 11/8- Beatles movie and HMX RB night w/PICS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Somerville, MA 11/8- Beatles movie and HMX RB night w/PICS! Reply with quote

http://www.iffboston.org/yearround/beatles.php

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up for an event this Sunday 11/8 at the beautiful Somerville Theater. The IFF and Harmonix are presenting the Beatles movie, "A Hard Days Night" with Bealtes Rock Band on the big screen afterwards. There will be swag and prizes awarded for high scores, best costumes, best performance, and more.
It sounds pretty fun so my wife and probably a few other friends and I are going. But we'd love to meet up with some of you and rock the house! Let me know if anyone else is interested in coming along. (I'd recommend getting your tickets soon. Only $7 for the movie and the games!)

Last edited by BriGuy on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to work Sunday, but I'm gonna try to make the "game" time of 6pm.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an awesome evening! The movie was really funny and looked great on the big screen (the 10 dissapearing pigeon gag was hilarious!). And of course Beatles Rock Band afterwards was a ton of fun!
These pics are all from HMXHenry's Fliker page:
HMXHenry wrote:
Now with photos on the HMX Flickr page!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmxcommunity/sets/72157622769778966/

My little point and shoot guy isn't stellar, so I didn't have too much quality stuff to post. HMXpope is editing video this week, so hopefully we'll see some more good stuff there.

Sweet! I was heartbroken when I realized we had left the house without a decent non-cell phone camera, but I'm looking forward to the Rock Band 'Zine which will have videos and stuff.

Here's the sign up sheet:

I went with the good old "Pyro Patrol" and after hearing that some of the prizes would be given out for score, I went with Sgt.Pep/GetBy to try to max out our score and for overall fun/not too hard two-for-one song. Our scores were unfortunately skipped over really fast, but I think we all did really well with even a few double and triple fabs and with me on lead guitar/lead vocals with my custom guitar which they were nice enough to let me hook up.
I came with my wife, my friends Mike and Sherrie on drums and bass. The judges loved it and gave us a 9, 9, and 9.5 = 28.5 out of 30!! (2nd best score of the night)

But we couldn't hold a candle to Crystal Mathmatics who all got dressed up and ran around the theater while playing and putting on an entertaining show.

But we did win the judges choice award in part due to me voxtaring with my custom guitar which everyone seemed to love. The prizes were really nice too. We got two t-shirts, RB drum sticks, XBOX RB2 game, 1600 MS points, a CD from "UV Protection", and some stickers and pins. A few of the other bands also got some gift certificates for pies(?!)

It was great as always to meet the Harmonix people and also the IFF people who I believe also ran the Coolidge Corner event for RB2. A great night capped off with Lego Rock Band at the bar night gig Mike ran that night. I also ran into bclare who came out which was great as well as JB4GDI (Jamie) from DocSoCal's modding forum.

One more random pic of the theater

Keep your eyes peeled for other events coming soon that they were hinting at.

Last edited by BriGuy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I certainly was wearing a yellow Beatles shirt, but unfortunately the HMXCommunity flickr has no pictures of me, that's actually another dude who happened to be wearing a yellow shirt, and who stood exactly where i was standing when i was up there. Kinda looks like me though, so I guess that's close enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: