FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/27 DLC - Rob Zombie, Wolfmother, Liz Phair, Morningwood
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: 10/27 DLC - Rob Zombie, Wolfmother, Liz Phair, Morningwood Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 27) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 29):

• Burn by Rob Zombie
    Chart previews: Bass+Vocals (video by S1ckH4ndsBass)

• Dragula by Rob Zombie

• Superbeast by Rob Zombie

• New Moon Rising by Wolfmother

• Pilgrim by Wolfmother

• Sundial by Wolfmother

• White Unicorn by Wolfmother

• Woman by Wolfmother

• Rock Me by Liz Phair

• Best of Me by Morningwood *

• Sugarbaby by Morningwood *

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Rob Zombie Pack 01,” “Wolfmother Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Rob Zombie Pack 01”
$8.49 £5.25 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Wolfmother Pack 01”
* Denotes $0.99 £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) or $1.00 (100 Wii Points™) per track

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Oct. 29):

• Sonic Youth – “Kool Thing”
• Steely Dan – “My Old School”

Price:
$1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

Last edited by PhatTrumpet on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Woman went from tier 1 in GH2 to second-to-last in RB2.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
n1temair  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

Yeah, tiering has gotten pretty ridiculous. Not too fond of this week, I'll sit on the sidelines and play last week's stuff...

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rob Zombie tracks are awesome. Totally worth it for me...

Now, vids from S1ckH4nds (bass) and SaikoSakura (vocals):

Rob Zombie
Burn
Dragula
Superbeast

Wolfmother
New Moon Rising
Pilgrim
Sundial
White Unicorn
Woman

Others
"Rock Me" by Liz Phair
"Best of Me" by Morningwood
"Sugarbaby" by Morningwood

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

It does look like it's changed a bit. The main riff now requires you to shift your hand around a lot, and it looks like instead of the solo, you just play that one HOPO riff for a really long time, but that also looks a lot more awkward. Also, I believe it was bumped up a tier or two in the 360 version of GH2.

Out of what I've seen so far, the one that stood out to me the most was New Moon Rising Drums, which looked pretty varied and cool. Woman drums were playing something interesting in the middle, but then they kept playing that same thing for like 2 minutes and it started looking a lot less interesting. Dragular drums also looked interesting, but I'm not sure if they looked particularly fun. And Burn looks like it's got in interesting guitar riff and a cool HOPO section in the middle.

Overall, nothing's looked spectacular, but it seems like a week of solid charts that would be nice for fans of the songs or people who just really want new DLC (although I imagine a lot of people are trying to save money after the past couple weeks).
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The versions of Superbeast and Dragula sound different to the ones I have (and I have Hellbilly Deluxe). I'm pretty sure one of them is longer than normal.

Still, awesome to sing, and drums on them are better than I expected.
Twool  

Location: Depending on the time, I could be in one place, or many.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the drum part in White Unicorn has a roll for nearly 40 seconds, which is a pretty freaking long time. It's pretty hard...though if you have endurance, you can do it without much trouble, I would imagine.

Woman is in 5 games now. (correct me if I'm wrong)
GH2
GH:SH
GH5
RB
RB2

Can you put 32nd notes in your custom songs on World Tour? I can't.

Protest the Hero Fans - Free MP3 of the hidden track before Bloodmeat if you PM me or comment on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ICBM
RockerChick  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded Rock Me. It's fun, but not paricularily hard. I realized I've always known the words wrong, apparently it's "if it's all right" and I always thought it was "it fits all right". Guess I have a dirty mind.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coulda sworn that Dragula was gonna be easier, but didn't realize that "noise" during the beginning drum bass was some hi-hat/cymbal work lol

I'll probably grab the Rob Zombie stuff for parties mostly. Most people know those songs.

*EDIT*
Superbeast - Easy, though actually had an entertaining guitar chart.

Woman - The tiering is abit messed up for this song. No way is almost an impossible song on guitar. It's like a 4 at the most. Defintely gotta give the better chart to the GH5/SH version of the song. This version is more "faithful" I guess, but rather than just continuing those Hammer-Ons they did the organ type stuff in GH5 and really mixes it up more...And it's tiered lower lol

Dragula - Similar to Superbeast. Easy, but entertaining guitar.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vocals: Only got a chance for Woman and White Unicorn. Not especially challenging, but great fun.

Guitar: Played Woman, White Unicorn, New Moon Rising, and Sundial. All pretty fun, though Woman is probably a (high) four as mentioned.

Drums: Played Woman, White Unicorn, Sundial, Pilgrim, Best of Me, Sugarbaby, Burn, Superbeast, and Dragula. Would probaly recommend the two Morningwood tracks (surprisingly fun for me though not especially challenging), Woman, White Unicorn, Superbeast (surprisingly fun), and one of either Sundial or Pilgrim (can't remember which I enjoyed more haha).
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockerChick wrote:
Downloaded Rock Me. It's fun, but not paricularily hard. I realized I've always known the words wrong, apparently it's "if it's all right" and I always thought it was "it fits all right". Guess I have a dirty mind.

I also thought it was "it fits alright" xD
Sneuticles  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Harmonix,

thank you for finally including Liz Phair -- i suppose you felt her RB 'debut' had to be one of her more radio-friendly hits from later in her career. Can us old guys who listened to "Exile In Guyville" in college get some love in the future? Her first 3 albums have PLENTY of good stuff on them RB-wise, and the music is VASTLY superior to this Miranda Cosgrovesque number.

Thanks.
Koenn  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twool wrote:
the drum part in White Unicorn has a roll for nearly 40 seconds, which is a pretty freaking long time. It's pretty hard...though if you have endurance, you can do it without much trouble, I would imagine.

Yeah, this roll caught me by surprise and failed me the first time. I can get through it now, but I still don't completely have the tempo down. The entire Wolfmother pack is excellent on drums and not half bad on guitar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
JonathanA  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: 10/27 DLC - Rob Zombie, Wolfmother, Liz Phair, Morningwo Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:

• Burn by Rob Zombie

Wait, oh snap!

We now have two tracks with the same title!

Burn - Rob Zombie
Burn - Nine Inch Nails

Tell me somebody else noticed that?!?!?!

Anyway, okay week to me. Rob Zombie is always good (I still love Black Sunshine!), and Wolfmother is also good. Granted, Mother isn't what I was expecting, I was waiting for the solo to show up, but alas never did.

Gonna need to get some points so I can continue completing my Guitar Hero 1/2 setlists!
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 10/27 DLC - Rob Zombie, Wolfmother, Liz Phair, Morningwo Reply with quote

JonathanA wrote:
PhatTrumpet wrote:

• Burn by Rob Zombie

Wait, oh snap!

We now have two tracks with the same title!

Burn - Rob Zombie
Burn - Nine Inch Nails

Tell me somebody else noticed that?!?!?!

Lots of people have noticed it, just like they noticed the two "Jailbreak (Live)"s (AC/DC and Thin Lizzy), "Gone"s (Crooked X and Montgomery Gentry), "Can't Let Go"s (Death of the Cool and Lucinda Williams) and "Testify"s (Rage Against The Machine and Stevie Ray Vaughan
and Double Trouble). >__>

I even changed my sig after the announcement to specify that we FBFCed Burn (NIN).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: