FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hardest full-band pass?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say They're Red Hot, every instrument is devil tiered is it not?

Crazy fast vocals, crazy sporadic drums, chuck-strumming guitar, and weird bass (although I have not seen a chart, I assume it's weird) all lead up to a nice difficult song. Except the shortness of it.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
I'd say They're Red Hot, every instrument is devil tiered is it not?

Crazy fast vocals, crazy sporadic drums, chuck-strumming guitar, and weird bass (although I have not seen a chart, I assume it's weird) all lead up to a nice difficult song. Except the shortness of it.

bass/guitar are not final tier.

Bass is actually pretty easy, SRFC'able by many. Guitar is awkward-as-shit to combo, but not terribly hard to pass.

Really, drums are the main killer. Vocals are incredibly fast but also pretty repetitive.

I'd still have it up on the list potentially, just because it's entire possible for a drum to fail three times, even in that one minute. Although given that you can wait a good amount before resurrecting them, it wouldn't be /t tough.
Olphius  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
Thread title: Hardest full-band PASS

This implies for most people.

As in non-scorehero-tier people.

Hell, even for scorehero, WAHNTHAC is the hardest, hands down. If you think it isn't, get a full-band and YOU play drums (as long as you can barely pass every song on RB2).

Seriously.

If you wanna throw that card, then WaHNtHaC loses to Painkiller; non-scorehero tiered people who can't play the intro will fail out, causing the entire band to fail before anyone can get starpower to save them, and as far as not failing the Painkiller intro is a whole hell of a lot harder than What a Horrible Night. And, before anyone can argue with me, load up the song and play only the red notes and bass. I rest my case.
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If WAHNTHAC be on there, wouldn't This is Exile be on there too? And are you guys putting the cover of Run to the Hills on the list or the Original Version?
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo although TiE is the way harder pass on gtr (atleast for me), I can pass it consistently on drums after warming up, and I can't even get halfway through the first set of blasts in Wahnthac EVER.

And the sole reason for having wahnthac on the list is the drums, basically.
So although TiE might be very very hard, as long as its 'proven' to be easier than the hardest song, it doesn't deserve a spot on the list, assuming the sole purpose of this thread is to find out which song is THE hardest to pass in FB
Yewb  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible Night drums is the hardest song to pass on any instrument for someone equally good at all instruments. That in many ways makes it the hardest FB pass, and given that it's even remotely difficult on guitar and bass as well, it clearly is. To add any other weighting such as "yeah but other songs have more equally-difficult instrumental parts so they should be given preferential treatment" is an arbitrary measure that's really neither here nor there; its sole purpose is to prolong debate for entertainment's sake.*

It may be rather dissatisfying, but the fact that Horrible Night's status as the most difficult song to pass is due primarily to the difficulty of one instrument does not remove that status or make it less worthy or true.

Sorry

* This does not apply to one person playing two instruments at once, e.g. voxtar.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
HomelessCarl  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i might add, if we can have rbn songs i would suggest that we are the nightmare is the hardest fb pass. Drums are incredibly hard, along with Guitar... just a note.

and possibly death quota for purification.

...again just a thought.

My RB Accomplishments/Banners

THIS DOESN'T LEAVE THIS SIG TILL HARMONIX PUTS KARN EVIL 9 IN RB3.
themoron112  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
Thread title: Hardest full-band PASS

This implies for most people.

As in non-scorehero-tier people.

Hell, even for scorehero, WAHNTHAC is the hardest, hands down. If you think it isn't, get a full-band and YOU play drums (as long as you can barely pass every song on RB2).

Seriously.

This. WAHNTHAC is the drum nightmare. If you fail once you are likely to fail 2 more times before the first solo, and getting OD on any other instrument to save him is difficult enough (vocalists have like 3 spots to activate to save them, or at least very few, so they can not do much). The only benefit this song gives you is long lasting OD.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaHNtHaC is so over-the-top difficult on drums that there is no other song that really can take the cake, at least talking only about official release songs.

I'm a decent drummer in general myself and I'm almost 100% certain that I would fail the song all three times in multiplayer.

Painkiller can indeed be failed before anyone has a chance to save you, but if someone can't get through the Painkiller intro, they're going to fail out of WaHNtHaC probably just as quickly.

Honestly, the pass difficulty between WaHNtHaC and Painkiller is probably equatable to the pass difficulty between Visions and Vasoline.

MusketWarrior  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomelessCarl wrote:
if i might add, if we can have rbn songs i would suggest that we are the nightmare is the hardest fb pass. Drums are incredibly hard, along with Guitar... just a note.

and possibly death quota for purification.

...again just a thought.

My first thought was also We Are The Nightmare.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedSharkGuy wrote:
WaHNtHaC is so over-the-top difficult on drums that there is no other song that really can take the cake, at least talking only about official release songs.

I'm a decent drummer in general myself and I'm almost 100% certain that I would fail the song all three times in multiplayer.

Painkiller can indeed be failed before anyone has a chance to save you, but if someone can't get through the Painkiller intro, they're going to fail out of WaHNtHaC probably just as quickly.

Honestly, the pass difficulty between WaHNtHaC and Painkiller is probably equatable to the pass difficulty between Visions and Vasoline.

If the drummer fails out of Painkiller in the intro solo, there's still time to save them if the guitar or bassist can hit the unison in the beginning, which is not terribly difficult.

Anyway I'd have to say Death Quota is at least top 5 hardest to pass. Guitar and bass have identical and absurdly difficult tapping sections about a minute in that last for a while. There's a bunch of OD before that, but none of it is easy. I know vox is a gimme, but so is WAHNTHAC. Not sure how drums are, but its very possible for both strings to fail out of Death Quota and that'll make your meter plummet, and fail unless you can save *both* of them. As hard as WAHNTHAC is on drums, it's not that difficult of a pass on bass and only marginally harder on guitar. If you have trouble with WAHNTHAC strings then you'd be absolutely boned for Death Quota
RedSharkGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Haha yeah, Death Quota is balls to the wall there. Most likely hardest full band pass for your typical expert player out of any song.

I personally just think WaHNtHaC is so over the top difficult that even drums alone warrants the full band toughest song to pass. If this song had the drums of, say, Bat Country or easier, it wouldn't even be up for discussion.

The average joe expert drummer out there probably shouldn't even be thinking about trying to drum either of these songs, and in that sense they're arguably equal, but if you come up to the pro level (the people here at SH pretty much) Painkiller is a breeze, whereas it's still the top echelon of drummers here who can pass or do well on WaHN.

Geekthras  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to note that with pretty competent players: Me, who has only mayhem pack songs + guns of summer left to pass on drums, a bassist who can pass everything on-disk but visions, a pretty good vocalist, and often a guitarist on medium or so who doesn't count for much

We can pass Visions, but it's tricky
We have passed Embedded I think
We have never come close to passing Guns of Summer (which I think should get a mention here)
I believe we've managed MLW
We can do PttS fairly easily
We have never come CLOSE on WAHNTHAC.
I think we've done They're Red Hot
Painkiller we can definitely do
Rude Mood.. I don't know that we've managed
EDIT: We have passed TiE, I just forgot about it

I can expand on any of these if you want

I am a guy who plays the drums. I use the drumsticks to play the drums. I also play the ukulele. I don't use my drumsticks for my ukulele. That would be bad.
Drums: 14,700,000 points in RB2, 4,700,000 in TB:RB
Accomplishments
Wii FC 5398 0984 3367

Last edited by Geekthras on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably either between WAHNTHAC, Guns of Summer or Visions. Nothing else comes close due to more than one part being too easy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vineboy wrote:
Probably either between WAHNTHAC, Guns of Summer or Visions. Nothing else comes close due to more than one part being too easy.

Yes but if you include RBN, then Death Quota and WATN should round out the top 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: