FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Next CEVO Tournament - DLC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmswedge  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Next CEVO Tournament - DLC? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm in the planning stages for another CEVO Tournament. I was considering doing RB2 guitar, but this time with DLC as the songlist.

Since DLC requires additional cost to the players, especially if they don't have it already, I was curious if people are interested in this.

Also, if you think this is a good idea, which songs do you, the community, think would make for a great guitar tournament?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that takes pure skill and doesn't involve the PAL vs. NTSC strum thing in anyway.

Caprici Di Diablo, Constant Motion, Surfing With The Alien, Satch Boogie, pretty much whole Megadeth Pack (no My Last Words), just to name a few.

If this does happen, I'm joining
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus Metallic pack, Rude Mood, Sleeperwalker, Malmsteen pack, Sin Wagon maybe (it's difficult), and other difficult ones. I'd actually be against having Surfing simply because the songs pretty basic outside of the two crazy trill sections (which nobody's probably gonna hit during the tournament). I guess you can say too that all of Satch Boogie rides on the end of the solo, so that may not be the best choice either, but it's better than Surfing.

For on-disc songs, are you going to pick certain songs that can be used or just say something like "Nightmare songs or higher"? Either way, this should be a great tournament.

Edit: Oh I read it wrong, so the tournament will be just DLC. Okay then. I guess I'd be willing to buy whatever songs are on the list that I don't yet have since they're most likely to be difficult songs anyway. Definitely an interesting sounding tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Plus Metallic pack, Rude Mood, Sleeperwalker, Malmsteen pack, Sin Wagon maybe (it's difficult), and other difficult ones. I'd actually be against having Surfing simply because the songs pretty basic outside of the two crazy trill sections (which nobody's probably gonna hit during the tournament). I guess you can say too that all of Satch Boogie rides on the end of the solo, so that may not be the best choice either, but it's better than Surfing.

For on-disc songs, are you going to pick certain songs that can be used or just say something like "Nightmare songs or higher"? Either way, this should be a great tournament.

Edit: Oh I read it wrong, so the tournament will be just DLC. Okay then. I guess I'd be willing to buy whatever songs are on the list that I don't yet have since they're most likely to be difficult songs anyway. Definitely an interesting sounding tournament.

Actually I could do a mix of DLC + disc songs if people would like that. That's why I'm opening up this discussion - I'd love to hear what people think. Please spread the word and ask other players to chime in too!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron maiden would be good too - wasted years, the trooper, NotB...

Blehgopie wrote:
<Blehgopie> FUCKING STRUM LIMIT!
<Blehgopie> HARMONIX FIX AERIS
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Aaron45653 PSN Name: Aaron45653
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'd have a lot to worry about if you included DLC or even if you did an entire DLC tourney...just stick to the popular difficult songs, most of which have been listed already. I'll probably participate and give you some promotion on my youtube channel as well.

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
smokyprogg  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if you do it, don't do Satch or SWtA. There is a ridiculous advantage for using the Strat on these songs and not everyone has access.

I love the idea though overall.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll probably get this started up real soon, stay tuned and I'll let you all know when signups start
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: