FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/20 DLC - Queen 10-Pack, Abbey Road!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SRFC'd the medley on guitar... up till the last 10 notes. DAMN YOU HER MAJESTY.

Pretty fun, though.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer is one of my favorite beatles songs, and I SRFC'd on guitar, but throughout the song I was in danger of missing because I was shaking with enjoyment.

Oh, Darling! may take the cake for my least favorite playable beatles guitar track, but oh well, it's still a great song.

The Queen Pack was surprisingly good on guitar. I imagined it to be something like the Talking Heads pack, where almost everyone loves the music but from a purely objective standpoint is pretty boring. I was very pleasantly surprised.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbey Road DLC is now up for score tracking. Apologies for the delay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

Will the medley be score tracked?
n4sc4r  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The queen pack is freaking amazing. Best pack ever? I'm not a huge Queen fan, yet I found myself singing along and overall loving the songs while playing guitar. Though extreme sleep deprivation (3 hours over 2 nights) probably aided that, lol. Awesome pack.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
JCirri wrote:

Will the medley be score tracked?

There were a few errors in the score tracking with a duplicated song and missing the song set / medleys that are also playable.

Everything should be fixed and added now. Let me know if anything is still incorrect.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Slumbers is listed as an individual song on the insert score page, but you can only play it as part of Golden Slumbers/Carry the Weight/The End.

Someone should fix that. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because is already an amazing song, but the dreamscape for it is simply wonderful.

The art director at HMX should win a Nobel Prize or an Oscar or a Tony Award or something, and his team should get olympic gold medals.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
Phoenix654Rocker  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving both packs, the Abbey Road medley is AWESOME (As expected) and the "All the good ones 'cept Bohemian Rhapsody Queen Pack" does not dissapoint... except on one song. Fat Bottomed Girls* is one of my favorite songs and I love the interlude between the intro and when the stong starts... but it seems to be missing... .

Oh well, you can't have everything all the time... But now I can play One Vision, Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight whenever the hell I want. Yay! (Waves tiny flag)

*As a note this does not necessarily reflect my taste in women, though they can be nice.
Rock and Roll it will survive....

*Awesome Guitar Solo*

-AC/DC, Rock Gods
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Phoenix654
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix654Rocker wrote:
Loving both packs, the Abbey Road medley is AWESOME (As expected) and the "All the good ones 'cept Bohemian Rhapsody Queen Pack" does not dissapoint... except on one song. Fat Bottomed Girls* is one of my favorite songs and I love the interlude between the intro and when the stong starts... but it seems to be missing... .

Oh well, you can't have everything all the time... But now I can play One Vision, Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight whenever the hell I want. Yay! (Waves tiny flag)

*As a note this does not necessarily reflect my taste in women, though they can be nice.

They did this on American Woman by The Guess Who too. They usually scrap things at the start if they are too long and no instruments would be playing.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Phoenix654Rocker  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can understand American Woman's intro being scrapped; it's mainly accoustic and is very different from the song. Fat Bottomed Girls's intro really sets the whole style and pace of the song though.
Rock and Roll it will survive....

*Awesome Guitar Solo*

-AC/DC, Rock Gods
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Phoenix654
diablocon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB uses the single version, which shortens the intro and has fade-out. This version is found on the Greatest Hits album, so it was the one I was most familiar with.

If you want the full album version, DL it for GH.
Dave007  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Play The Game, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Bicycle Race were in the Queen Pack. I'm really surprised Bohemian wasn't included.
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen pack: definite vocalists' week...very dull on guitar (other than Tie Your Mother Down and I Want It All...One Vision is pretty good, too). Poor charts compared to the stuff already available in GH5 (especially Killer Queen and the later verses of CLTCL...WAY too much empty space [long pauses between guitar fills in CLTCL where there's plenty of rhythm, and they charted piano in Somebody To Love, but not Killer Queen?!]). It'll probably good for party play, but coming from someone who likes the songs AND the band, this is pretty bad...

/endrant.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucklestyle wrote:
The art director at HMX should win a Nobel Prize or an Oscar or a Tony Award or something, and his team should get olympic gold medals.

The lead artist on The Beatles Rock Band is the drummer from Made In Mexico.

I don't know why that's relevant. But it makes me happy, so yeah.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
aknu  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the art style is cool etc, but the graphics in general could have been abit better in especially rb2 but also rb. I do however agree that the dreamscapes are awesome, I just miss abit more facial expressions or more detailed ones at least, as well as animations. Not a rant but just some weird thought i had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: