FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rockers Give Back: A Donate to Play Competition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Rockers Give Back: A Donate to Play Competition Reply with quote

Hey there everyone! I know many of you like to compete for awesome prizes, and I'm sure that plenty of you also like to help out others around the world. Well, now is your chance to do both.

Another community that I am party of...http://ourgamesourbond.com is running their annual Gamers Give Back Tournament. This is the second year that they have run this (first year was under a different website), and the first year they raised around 1,000$ for charity last year.

The competition was based around FPS's including Call of Duty and Resistance: Fall of Man...but it was my idea to expand to an amazing competitive medium, Rock Band 2!

Details are being worked over right now, but I do have the basics right now.

A 5$ USD donation through Paypal gets you entered into a single tournament. Based on the amount raised, the quality of the prizes increase. There will be a minimum amount of participants set for the competition to take place. Low end prizes would be something like a 20$ PSN or XBOX equivalent card. High end prizes can include things like Beatles guitars, Ions, Goodwoods, DLC...basically, anything that we, the community, agree would be a good prize. This is an online competition, so you don't have to worry about flying anywhere or anything like that.

You can enter more than one tournament, and there will probably be just one tournament per instrument. There might be a band related competition as well, and entry for a team would be 20$ (5$ for each member).

Of course, you are always allowed to donate more than just the entry fee. All the money after the prizes are bought will be going to the Make-A-Wish foundation which grants wonderful wishes to terminally ill children.

This is just in an interest phase. The rules and what not aren't worked out just yet, but the tournament is looking to start sometime in early January, no specific date set. Please, let me know if you are interested and what instrument/band tournament you would like to participate in.

The quicker people show interest and such, the quicker the signing up phase can actually begin. Please remember that this is a great cause, a cheap price to participate, and a chance to win great prizes.

For those interested, here is the actual thread over at OGOB.com
http://ourgamesourbond.com/forum/index.php?topic=259.0
There, you will find the basic information as well as the link to the raffle. Don't forget to spread the word, the more people that you get to sign up, the better the prizes are going to be and the more fun the competition will be.

Last edited by PhillyPride88 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PhillyPride88_
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would this be?
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online, this is an online competition. Donations are made through Paypal...forgot to add that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$5? Awesome! I would be in.
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, drums? There are a COUPLE other things going on on the other site, namely a raffle. Depending on the tickets sold on THAT, there is a possibility to win a Sony Bravia tv, gaming system, AND games That would take a lot of people though

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyPride88 wrote:
Cool, drums? There are a COUPLE other things going on on the other site, namely a raffle. Depending on the tickets sold on THAT, there is a possibility to win a Sony Bravia tv, gaming system, AND games That would take a lot of people though

Maybe drums, if I get good ones.
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, please, make sure to spread the word around. You can only benefit from more people being in this as the prizes get exponentially greater. What's better to win...a 20$ PSN card or a full Beatles instrument set?

Remember, the more people, the greater the prizes can get

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested for this on Vocals. I'll have to check and see if my Paypal account is still active, lol. This is a great idea!

jo
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PMS Silent Jo
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to add this up into the OP too, but people that don't have a Paypal and don't have a credit card...you can get a Prepaid Card at Walmart or most other retailers, put the amount you want to donate, set up a Paypal with that, and it will work.

I'm also open to suggestions if people have any ideas or anything, like I said...everything is early stages.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you can participate in more than one tournament and it is $5 for each one you're in? You know I'm in for drums, but I wouldn't mind getting a band together for this too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be down with this at least on guitar, but I've got a band ready to go if that materializes.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep sok...each one is 5$ and you can enter as many of the tournaments as there is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea has been floating around to go with this. We are doing a 2$ "Carnival Day" on R:FoM which is just goofy things that will win you smaller but nice prizes.

Well...I was thinking, and what about a 2$ video contest. You make the best music video that you can (like the MTV Awards thing), and winners will be picked either in categories or just the best 4 or such.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for Bass. Donating 5 Dollars right now.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably best if you don't donate immediately. There are so little people replying right now. I'm sure that interest will pick up, but like I said, there needs to be a certain amount of people playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: