FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB2: PS3 Cheat Codes Different?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: RB2: PS3 Cheat Codes Different? Reply with quote

So I recently got a PS3 and RB2 from Amazon. I tried the cheat codes but I found only the ones listed under PAL worked for me, and thus I don't have the Unlock All Songs code unlocked. When ShiftBreaker gave them to me, he said they were the PS3 PAL codes, but I'm thinking maybe they are for all PS3s.

Am I correct in assuming that, being in America, I would know if I got a PAL version of the game since it wouldn't work on an American TV? The game case has what looks like a Region 1 thing, and on the back it says it is licensed for use in North America and Mexico. I haven't had a chance to inspect the actual game disc yet.

Can anybody give me feedback on whether or not the codes listed as RB2 NTSC work on PS3 for you? I will update the wiki if it is incorrect. It might be a case like on RB1 where PS2/Xbox/Wii had the same code but PS3 was different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an HDTV, you wouldn't notice anything about versions, if you have an SDTV it won't work (PAL video out won't work on NTSC and vice versa). Otherwise you can probably tell what version you have by if US DLC works with the game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing on an old-school big CRT SDTV. I also just bought my first DLC last night (Boston Pack) and my location is set appropriately (MD) and it worked, so that sounds like I have the correct version disc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did actually find the unlock all songs code in the end, but I'm afraid that was through random button mashing quite a few months back. But the mashing did follow a pattern, and I think unlock all was similar, if not the same as the 360 one. Perhaps with a reverse pattern or something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ShiftBreaker: Quick question, what instrument were you using when you were putting in the codes?

It seems that the RB guitar and the GH5 guitar map the buttons differently. If you used the GH guitar instead of the RB guitar, this might explain the differences in the codes, instead of the region.

When putting in the codes with the standard PS3 controller, it is noted that =circle, =triangle, =square, and =L1. However, the GH5 guitar has the =square and =triangle.

Unlock All code (RB instruments):
Unlock All code (GH5 guitar):

I'll update the wiki once I hear back from you so I can change the header at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that is an interesting find. When entering the codes, I was using a 1st Gen RB guitar, if whatever generation of guitar makes any difference. That could be a good theory, if anyone has multiple guitars they can use different profiles to check this all out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: