FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/13 DLC - Brütal Legend, Kansas, Joe Satriani and More!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satch Boogie on drums is what happens when Harmonix and Neversoft can't agree on what's played with two pedals.

If Harmonix is right, then Neversoft undercharted the bass. If Neversoft is right, then Harmonix just gave us a chart with full double bass charted.

Having said that, this is an awesome week. 5* SR of SWtA, couldn't pass Satch Boogie.

SRFC of The Metal, that's a great fun song, but probably not deserving of final tier. Neither is Icarus, and I enjoyed that a bit less. Tons of awkward stuff in that song. I had fun, but it wasn't my favorite.
virascore  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How long, How long, till the point of no return!"

that song kicks ass. adding that to my DLC wishlist for when i get Live

R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, 12/28/09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xx V1R4 xX
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I love both Joe Satriani songs, im going to pass on both of them until there isnt anything else I want cause right now I have 0% chance in passing either of them so i decided to get the 2 Alanis songs instead

With regards to this week though, im getting the Brutal pack and the Black Tide song. Mostly though im just excited for More then meets the eye, Testament are just about the best band in RB.

Good week

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icarus is definitely the surprise 'best song of the week' and probably one of the best DLC offerings overall. What a tremendous song and perfect for the game.

And I can't say how happy I am that the verses of Satch Boogie are strum-filled. It feels so much more like you are playing the song when you hit all those strums.

I've been keeping a list of DLC that's I'll buy at some point - whenever I'm not so poor - but both Icarus, Satch Boogie, and the Testament song are all screaming to be bought right now.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying SWTA is not gonna be FC'd but it will definitely take some time. I'll give it two weeks before someone FCs it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es0nhs86Xlg

My sightread of The Metal.

More vids to follow if XBL WILL FUCKING STOP BEING A SLOW PIECE OF SHIT!

/rage

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFzVya1gX-0

Show me the Way sightread

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
The Satch songs are like prison rape.

You know it's coming, and you think you're ready, but when that solo hits you, you are NOT ready.

That's a unique way of looking at it...

And from the look and feel of it, accurate.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
OCEAT  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be a fair comparison to draw a parallel between Satch guitar and PttS drums? In the other thread it seemed like those 40 seconds were murder.
I wouldn't know, since I don't have money for songs this week.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satch Guitar is hard, but definitely doable (as UkogMonkey has already proven).

I think SwtA is by far the harder song to GS/FC than Satch - those trills are brutal, and under the RB2 engine especially, it's going to be a BITCH to FC that - I'm probably going to have to break out my seldom used RB2 strat for that song just for the solo buttons

Otherwise, it was a very fun week, although I didn't pick up the Kansas songs (perhaps I should check out Icarus?)

The Metal is WAY overtiered on Guitar - sightread FC = NOT final tier (even if we're all familiar with the chart from GH3).

Testament was a lot of fun, and the Motorhead song was decent too!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
skywilliam  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuLFe wrote:
Otherwise, it was a very fun week, although I didn't pick up the Kansas songs (perhaps I should check out Icarus?)

Yes. The solo's are kind of awkward, but the song is really fun.

Icarus and The Metal were my two favorite guitar charts this week, but The Metal and Testament were my favorite drum tracks.

Haven't tried Satch Boogie on drums yet, but I've been warned.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone actually cares, the Brutal Legend code works on PS3 now, you don't have to wait until Thursday if you buy the game (which I recommend, so far it's really fun).

Anyway, all three Brutal Legend songs were good on guitar. The Metal has no solos but is filled with really fun HOPO patterns, as expected (definitely not tier 7, but it is kind of tricky in spots), while the other two were kind of annoying outside the solos (mostly gallops in both cases) but has really great solos, especially More than Meets the Eye.

On drums, The Metal is completely awesome. The main pattern is incredibly fun to play, and there's enough other stuff thrown in there to stop it from getting repetitive. More than Meets the Eye sounds like it may have been affected very heavily by the lack of double bass and has a fairly uninteresting main pattern as a result, but there are a lot of really fun rolls. We Are The Road Crew isn't so great on drums, with a kind of boring main pattern and not too many fills.

Overall, I'd probably recommend the whole pack for guitar and MtMtE and the Metal for drums, with the Metal being the top pick for both instruments (or, just get the game and then get the whole pack for free).
akiro  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, No Love Lost is on the Brutal Legend setlist. I wanted that song (or any other Carcass' masterpiece as a DLC so badly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassists: the Testament track is AMAZING on Bass. Very reminiscent of the Iron Maiden tracks, which were awesome...Make sure to pick it up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no score tracking on Wii for these songs... just tried to upload my Icarus SR and couldn't find it.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
olle92  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to tell you that the Kansas songs are AMAZING on guitar. Not so much hard, but really, really fun. Although one of them lacks a solo, I'd still recommend picking it up. Especially if you're a fan. Icarus is probably the best of the two though. The solos are pretty awkward with alot of strumming and the song is great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: