FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Starting a 360 DLC Band
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Starting a 360 DLC Band Reply with quote

Well, I've come to the point where I find competitive play for RB to be tedious, and somewhat boring. I'm hoping to spark a new motivation for playing by putting together a DLC band that will play about 1-3 times a week. I have everything up to the time when Infinevent took place (so everything up until the Rancid/Kings of Leon/Rise Against week), and a few songs after that. But hopefully I'll be able to buy more songs by the time we've worked through a good chunk of the DLC.

Oh, and also this is including the AC/DC pack, and we'll probably do some RB1 Import/RB2 songs for fun too.

I'm willing to play any instrument, and it'd be ideal to have people proficient enough in 2-3 instruments so we can rotate if we feel like playing a certain instrument on a song, or a certain combination can do better on the song. Here are my scores:

Guitar Scores
Bass Scores
Drum Scores
Vocal Scores

The only songs I'm unable to pass are What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse, Conquer All, and Prequel to the Sequel on drums. I can pass This is Exile, just not consistently.

As for times, this whole month I'm free any times, except for possibly Saturdays, when I spend time with my girlfriend, and Sundays are completely out cause of church/soccer in the afternoon. Monday-Friday during the day works best for me, between probably 9 AM and 2 PM, or later at night, 7:30ish PM til anytime.

Anyways, apply here if interested , only basic requirements are that you play on expert and can pass/do fairly well on most songs available. Oh, and we're playing to HAVE FUN. I don't care all that much about score or anything, as long as you're relaxed about it, and won't get upset about missing 1 note or something. If you're cool, and can have fun while we play, that'd be great

Last edited by sburymadness on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
CraZy  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget, once u get your band, head over here and join us

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28488

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
SilentJo  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind doing this on vocals, maybe guitar or bass depending on the song. I have a decent amount of DLC, check my sig to compare.

jo
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PMS Silent Jo
Megashot  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in playing either Guitar or Bass! I have a huge amount of DLC, here's my DLC Quickplay link:

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/cool223

My Gamertag is: Cool223

Yes I know that's a sucky Gamertag name. I'm too lazy to change it...I originally created it when I first joined Xbox Live, when I was like 13....so yeah. Regardless, I would like to play with more people online, it's just that when most people see my name they prefer not to play with me. I'm really not that bad of a person.

Sadly I don't have the AC/DC pack, but I do have the RB1 imports. Please don't let that exclusion bother you, I like to play for fun, and not really for competition. If I can get an FC, that's fine, but if not, I'll just try to get as high as a percentage I can. I've been looking to play online on RB2 more, I'm bored of playing by myself. The only songs that give me trouble on Guitar are most of the Death Metal/Mayhem Pack tracks (Black Magic, What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse, etc., excluding Disposable Teens), Girls Not Grey (I'm not good at alt-strumming with gaps/pauses in them), and Chop Suey (still can't five star it ).

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I added you both.

Just a question, are you guys willing to buy more DLC? I know it's a lot of songs to play through already, but just for the diversity?

Megashot  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Awesome, I added you both.

Just a question, are you guys willing to buy more DLC? I know it's a lot of songs to play through already, but just for the diversity?

Yeah, I would be willing to buy some more DLC, if only I had the money. But, the good news is that I'm getting a job interview for Gamestop tomorrow, so hopefully if I get that position then I can definitely afford more DLC tracks. Right now I'm almost broke, I can maybe get like one three pack of songs each month.

In other words, yes, but money's tight right this instant...it'll probably get better soon.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
L0LXD  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the spot for drums is open i wouldn't mind joining. but just one question. is there a requirement for the amount of dlc? i have 228 but im willing to buy more if there is good dlc( not all the time since i only get a $10 allowance). i may get a job after November. I have to admit you are a better drummer then me from looking at your scores( dont bother checking mine, haven't updated for 6 months) but i am getting ions soon so i may be able to match you. also i could do bass or singing if we want to change up a little..i'm warning you though im not that good at either=/

My DLC
SilentJo  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind buying more DLC, but it'll depend on how much we have extra after bills certain weeks, cause I get paid every week and my husband every 2 weeks, so some weeks we'll be short and others not so much.

jo
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PMS Silent Jo
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that works as long as you're willing to buy DLC on occasion, maybe like once a month if we decide it's necessary.

And LOLXD, I'd love to have you but I'm looking for someone with a little bit more DLC than what you have, but if no one else shows up with more DLC, then I'd be glad to take you (:

L0LXD  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Yeah, that works as long as you're willing to buy DLC on occasion, maybe like once a month if we decide it's necessary.

And LOLXD, I'd love to have you but I'm looking for someone with a little bit more DLC than what you have, but if no one else shows up with more DLC, then I'd be glad to take you (:

what would you say the minimum amount is? i have been buying a lot of dlc recently. probably in the last 2 months i've bought at least a couple of songs each week. So if the continues i will have quite a substantial amount.

My DLC
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seeing as no one else has replied in a while, I'd be glad to play with you 3 if you're still interested (:

Post some times you're available here, and we'll work something out.

L0LXD  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm available any time after 4 on weekdays. Preferably sometime after 7 since i have hw, hanging with friends etc. And on weekends i'm not really sure. just depends if im doing anything. I'll always be available in the evenings. just thought i'd say this i won't be on thur-tues this week since i am going to Dallas to look at houses. Sorry about that

My DLC
SilentJo  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I work til midnight EST Monday thru Friday. I'm usually off Saturdays, but I may have to work the next two Saturdays, but they're always changing their minds so that can change. But yeah, if you're available after midnight, I can get on when I get home. Mondays and Thursdays are good because the hubby works and I'm usually home alone doing nothing anyway. But Saturdays and Sundays are best since I can be on anytime after I wake up.

jo
h311CrA73R  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can also drum fir you if you want........ my scores are really old but u can check my youtube

youtube.com/user/justicecrater
Megashot  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sburymadness wrote:
Well, seeing as no one else has replied in a while, I'd be glad to play with you 3 if you're still interested (:

Post some times you're available here, and we'll work something out.

Hey, here's the times I am available currently. I just got a job at Gamestop for the holidays, but my hours shouldn't be too crazy, as they might have me work shorter shifts. Once I know when I will be starting I'll let you know. I can still play though, definitely . Also, I can afford some more DLC! Which is a good thing , I plan on definitely getting the Alice in Chains pack.

Monday-Thursday: after 6 p.m. to about Midnight. Thursdays I can stay up later due to having no class on Friday. The latest I'm willing to go is about 2-3 a.m.

Friday-Sunday: anytime really, 2 a.m. is the latest I'm willing to stay up (3 a.m. if I feel like it, lol). On Sundays I can play until about 12:30 a.m. since I have college the next day.

All times are Eastern, by the way. I live near Atlanta, GA, lol.

Sorry about not replying in a while, things have been crazy at the moment...with getting this job at Gamestop and getting some homework done. But trust me, I do have time to play some Rock Band 2 when I want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Will Rock For Food All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: