FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC Whores FB Weekly Rivalry#4 (Them Again Wins!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
I'd be interested. Could maybe convince one of my bands to join too, more bands the better.

Also interested. Tournament-style possibly?
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm somewhat of a noob at DLC rivalry, but I really would like to join.

What about doing 5 weeks, and then a tournament? sort of like any major sport

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaftedofadown wrote:
I'm somewhat of a noob at DLC rivalry, but I really would like to join.

What about doing 5 weeks, and then a tournament? sort of like any major sport

That is a very good idea.
niq24601  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
Would there be any interest in starting up another season soon with any and all changes people think would make it more competitive?

I'm sort of interested. I like the playoff suggestion I'd suggest just scaling the whole thing way back: 5 weeks, 2-3 songs/week. Then either a 2-week or even 1-week playoff.

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Sixen  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the playoff would have to depend on how many teams join if we are going to do it tournament style I would hope for at least a two week playoff, maybe a 3 week, again depending on how many teams want to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think it would be possible to start another season up around mid-March/early-April? it would catch everyone before they left for summer breaks vacations

BigFatBob wrote:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, SUPERMAN, THOUGH. I ain't never seen a nigga puttin' a song on his back like that before, though!
niq24601  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's the state of play here? Full Band and DLC are good fun reasons to keep playing. But pathing is a reason this was fun too, and now with Full Band optimal paths out, it'd just turn into a contest of who wants to grind for the highest score. Should I make a point of staying a month or two behind current DLC, so that the DLC rivalry is about pathing and skill, not just pathing? Then at the end we can see who came closest to getting the optimal path?

"gay" and "rape". You keep on using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
singemfrc wrote:
When I got GHWoR at midnight the guy behind me was there to buy a copy of Iron Man 2 on Blu Ray and midnight. Buying a movie at midnight release? Wow, so I didn't feel like the biggest loser
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: niq24601
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niq24601 wrote:
So, what's the state of play here? Full Band and DLC are good fun reasons to keep playing. But pathing is a reason this was fun too, and now with Full Band optimal paths out, it'd just turn into a contest of who wants to grind for the highest score. Should I make a point of staying a month or two behind current DLC, so that the DLC rivalry is about pathing and skill, not just pathing? Then at the end we can see who came closest to getting the optimal path?

We should just always pick songs with miss paths :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it's just a game of "where should I miss?"
Miss-Path Pack 01:
DWTS
Alive
...I don't want to ruin the others

I was sad when I saw full band had been optimized. It had taken time to get moderately good at pathing, it was a sign of dedication that set me and my band apart, allowed us to achieve plateaus other bands couldn't, and now all a group of 4 has to do is point, click, and follow. I'm 98% obsolete. Even delaying release by a couple months still limits the DLC that can be used by 98%, and I'm not so invested in a full band rivalry that I'd pick up whatever came out without question just to sustain one.

Then again, I totally remember people whining when slowhero came out, and I thought I could give less of a shit, let me see those paths!. It was supposed to be the end...until people started topping Upper Bound. I'm pretty sure that's going to happen anyway, even excluding miss paths. The pathing game may just be getting that much harder.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Then it's just a game of "where should I miss?"
Miss-Path Pack 01:
DWTS
Alive
...I don't want to ruin the others

I was sad when I saw full band had been optimized. It had taken time to get moderately good at pathing, it was a sign of dedication that set me and my band apart, allowed us to achieve plateaus other bands couldn't, and now all a group of 4 has to do is point, click, and follow. I'm 98% obsolete. Even delaying release by a couple months still limits the DLC that can be used by 98%, and I'm not so invested in a full band rivalry that I'd pick up whatever came out without question just to sustain one.

Then again, I totally remember people whining when slowhero came out, and I thought I could give less of a shit, let me see those paths!. It was supposed to be the end...until people started topping Upper Bound. I'm pretty sure that's going to happen anyway, even excluding miss paths. The pathing game may just be getting that much harder.

People will top the estimated scores on these paths if they have a good vocalist. The most successful people to use it will probably shift the guitar/bass activations around to best take advantage of their vocalist even.

I jest, of course, about only using songs with miss paths, because that would require someone to double-check every one of niq's paths :-) (I mean, I'll bet he could add in something simple that would narrow down the list of songs that might have a better miss path, but that's not really the point).
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
niq24601  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the DLC full band league isn't happening, would there be any interest in reviving a DLC FB rivalry? We could limit the song selection to recent DLC and the reveal Rocktimizer paths after scores were submitted...

If ... I mean, when ... Kawigi knocks out our band out of the Harrah's tourney I'd have time to be a drummer or bass player for someone.

singemfrc wrote:
sportsboy85  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this rivalry still alive? I still wanna get in
Sixen  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsboy85 wrote:
Is this rivalry still alive? I still wanna get in

Well theres an official league running now, and I believe one of the possible leagues was FB FLC, and had very very little signups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go ahead and predict RB3 will result in a resurgence of FB interest. Whether Kawigi figures out how to get pathstats for the songs before niq optimizes everything remains to be seen, but if Kawigi wins there would probably be time for a FB league/rivalry, with an emphasis on manual pathing.

Now to decide if keyboards are included...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
niq24601  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see the DLC whores rivalry make a comeback. Between pro mode, harmonies, and changes to vocal activation rules, lots of old paths are going to be wrong. And of course there's new DLC. I still need more talent, so I could only be part of the rivalry as a singer or maybe bass on easier songs :P.

If you ignore keys and harmonies, I think Kawigi can get pathstats pretty quickly. I would be happy to delay release of RB3 paths for new and old DLC if that would help bring some people back to this rivalry.

singemfrc wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: