FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/20 Album DLC - Pearl Jam's "Backspacer"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: 9/20 Album DLC - Pearl Jam's "Backspacer" Reply with quote

Today's DLC, "Backspacer" by Pearl Jam, coincides with the release of the actual album! Score Tracking is up.

• Gonna See My Friend by Pearl Jam
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by Sully), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• Got Some by Pearl Jam
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by Sully), Bass (video by ???), Drums (video by ???), Vocals (video by ???)

• The Fixer by Pearl Jam

• Johnny Guitar by Pearl Jam

• Just Breathe by Pearl Jam

• Amongst the Waves by Pearl Jam

• Unthought Known by Pearl Jam

• Supersonic by Pearl Jam

• Speed Of Sound by Pearl Jam

• Force Of Nature by Pearl Jam

• The End by Pearl Jam
    Chart previews: Guitar (video by Sully), Bass (video by ???), Drums (no part), Vocals (video by ???)

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Backspacer (Album)” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 (9/20) and PlayStation 3 system (9/24) and as individual tracks on Wii (9/22).

Price:

1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$17.99, £9.19 UK, €21.95 EU (1440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Backspacer (Album)”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

On 9/24, Rock Band Unplugged fans will enjoy the addition of Megadeth’s “Wake Up Dead” and The Fratellis’ “Flat Head” to the 41 tracks already available via the Rock Band Unplugged in-game music store for the PSP system.

• Megadeth – “Wake Up Dead”
• The Fratellis – “Flat Head”

Price: $1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

Last edited by Sully on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:33 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
GamingDaze  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Breathe's drum chart makes me want to slaughter people.

That is all.

Sully  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to FC the entire album on Guitar with no trouble at all. I'm a fan of earlier Pearl Jam but I felt that most of this album was pretty weak and boring. Gonna See My Friend was my favorite song of the bunch and has a fun chart (no solo) and Supersonic was a close second (fun solo). Just Breathe was mellow and relaxing but had a fun chart choc full of ho/pos.

I've got vids of each song uploading so I'll add the to the OP as they go live (Gonna See My Friend is already there).

The End was particularly dull and had no drum part at all. I can honestly say that I'll never play this song again.

Looking back through the list of songs, nothing else strikes me as particularly memorable. Force of Nature and Amongst the Waves featured the only other notable solos and they're both ridiculously easy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
skywilliam  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the album a little over an hour ago. Or so I thought... I purchased the Backspacer pack for 1440 points, played a 10 song setlist with another player, only to find out that I didn't get "The End".?

I deleted the pack and redownloaded, still no "The End".? Is anyone else having this problem?

...I feel cheated...

I don't remember the titles very well, but there were 3 or 4 songs that were really fun on drums. First song on the album was the best by far. Breathe was my favorite song to listen to on my first experience listening to the album. Most of the album is kinda meh though... Nothing was so boring that I lost attention to what I was doing, but sparse of the exciting moments.

This is only my sightread and first listen opinion though.
GamingDaze  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywilliam, if you were playing drums, then there is your problem. The song has no drum part XD.

Nollaig  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End has no drum part ^^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg! XD ...thanks ^^

had a blond moment. just read through the the other replies to figure that out. lol
oogabooha  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywilliam wrote:
omg! XD ...thanks ^^

had a blond moment. just read through the the other replies to figure that out. lol

Hey...Im blonde >:-( xD

I really want to buy this album, but I dont have enough $, only 10$ on my PSN account over 6 months, so I have to spend wisely, but I have a lot of Wii points left over from my HUGE spending spree about 2 months ago, so I'll probably get it on wii.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin pretty much delete all i had recorded.. but i got amongst the waves down. made a retard choke and didnt fc it on sightread but we.. <.< .

Amongst the waves sightread exp Guitar GS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-qZkmwk1oE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the videos I've watched so far, Gonna See My Friend looks like a lot of fun on drums, but nothing else really stood out at all. Just Breath looks interesting but repetitive on guitar, and besides that, everything just looks pretty unremarkable. Not bad, necessarily, but nothing special.
vkw619  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probally won't get this for money reasons more than anything.
So far charts I've seen don't look to fun....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: vkw619
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one question

you need to kick out the drummer to play "the end"?

as for vocals on "YYZ" "capricci" etc?

if not, then it's TOTALLY UNFAIR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesker-kun wrote:
one question

you need to kick out the drummer to play "the end"?

as for vocals on "YYZ" "capricci" etc?

if not, then it's TOTALLY UNFAIR

I'd think it's a No Part, which means it's not playable for that part on the instrument in question. There was someone saying that it didn't appear in the list (I'll assume he was on drums), which matches what happens to YYZ and other instrumentals on solo vocals.

EDIT: I've got several comments about how it can not be played on drums ever. So vocalists are finally getting their No Part "revenge" on the other three instruments.

Courtesy of Prong1978. Conclusive proof of it being just like any other No Part.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: INV4DER
Mezonn  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii still needs scoretracking for these:

666 by Anvil
Metal on Metal by Anvil
This is Thirteen by Anvil
The Wagon by Dinosaur Jr.
Pick Me Up by Dinosaur Jr.
Rock Your Socks by Tenacious D
Tribute by Tenacious D
Hand Me Down World by The Guess Who
No Time by The Guess Who

Whenever you guys get a chance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can n e 1 give the difficulty chart pl0x
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: