FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Will Rock For Food -- Find Bandmates Here!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Will Rock For Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echelar  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Will Rock For Food -- Find Bandmates Here! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Will Rock For Food forum! This forum was created so that Rock Band players could find a band to join or recruit other players into their own. This announcement will serve to show people how to make a proper topic that will reduce confusion and clutter, therefore making the recruiting experience faster. This won't be a heavily moderated forum. We aren't looking for topics to lock and we aren't looking for people to call out. However, please look on the first couple of pages before you make a new topic. We don't want this forum to get cluttered up.

(New, as of 11/02/08): There is now a utility for finding band members which may help you form a band without needing a thread. Check it out here.

I: How to make a Will Rock For Food topic

Subject: Include what type of band member you need (Guitarist, Bassist, Drummer, Vocalist) and the system that you play on. If the system is PS2, add the state considering you're probably looking for people in the area to play with. Put it in this format: "Looking for guitarist on Hard (PS3)!" or "Expert drummer looking for band (360)!".

Preferred instrument: Tell people what you play most of the time, so they know what to expect. Also express if you would like to switch instruments occasionally, and what instrument (if any) you are most likely to leave alone.

Time of day and week: In here, explain your schedule. Tell people what your schedule normally is (school, work, vacation, etc.), what time of day you're available, and what days you're available. Communication is key. Find people with relatively similar schedules before you make any decisions; If you are a night owl and someone else doesn't stay up later than 8 P.M., then you might have a problem.

Other ways of contacting you: If you want to discuss this in-depth, it might be a good idea for you guys to swap AIM screen-names. This way you can talk about it efficiently.

Note: Update OP often. When you recruit a new member, update the OP and post in the thread (do both of these) to indicate the updates. It's a good idea to list who has which instrument, which will let people know whether they should bother applying for a certain spot.

II: Other things to think about

- Discuss band names. If you haven't already made one, feel free to discuss some names you want to give the band.
- Next play time: After each session, it might be wise to set up another time that you guys are all available and can play.
- Stories/jokes: Playing with 3 other people, online or off, is bound to create some hilarity. Talk about it.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time you listened to the people

Haha, just kidding, this will be great for when I need some multiplayer action (no comment on my wording :|).
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone PLEASE at least scan the first page or 2 for people looking for you before you post a wanted ad of your own.
Mark 8:36
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, was waiting for this.

Could I make a suggestion that folks who post also indicate the sort of times they normally play so that people will be able to hook up more easily as well?
rabies  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also a lot in the rivalries forum that need to be moved over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys =) It felt out of place.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Alyten  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is sweet!
lead and mic - Hall of fame completed
ns record- 563
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say that this is a temporary solution, as I do have plans to make an automated matchmaking-like system where you'll be able to specify an instrument to play, and criteria you'd like to search for other band members. So you'll eventually be able to form bands interactively on the site with an optional link to register a SH team for the group.

But until I find the time to work on that (not sure when with all my other priorities), this forum should serve well enough.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks guys!

JCirri, that would be awesome if you could set it up. You could find people around your skill level. I bet it would improve the process a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea JC that could help alot of people like if you wanted to play drums but ypou can only play medium you could find other medium players easier
hope thats released in the near future
PanteraOwnsYou  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I'd just like to say that this is a temporary solution, as I do have plans to make an automated matchmaking-like system where you'll be able to specify an instrument to play, and criteria you'd like to search for other band members. So you'll eventually be able to form bands interactively on the site with an optional link to register a SH team for the group.

Just like the idea I had in the topic on the website discussion forum. This proves it, great minds think alike. They really do.
kltznum1  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

But until I find the time to work on that (not sure when with all my other priorities), this forum should serve well enough.

So is there any further word upon the progress of this plan?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
fallacy1901  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome
Knuckx117  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another feature I think you could add is the option to submit your band name to a stickied topic on this forum, and it'll be added to a list of bands. That way you'll know if a name has been taken or not.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Will Rock For Food All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: