FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blitzkrieg Bop: WTF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Blitzkrieg Bop: WTF Reply with quote

Ok, I have had no problems with this game until I started trying to FC this song. It keeps registering missed notes for no reason. I was thinking that because of the short length of the song it would be a simple FC, but I can't do it for my life. I have no lag on my TV, and I'm not doing anything wrong at all. It just keeps saying I missed notes. I noticed Highway Star does it quite a bit as well. WTF is going on?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i was actually going to post something like this when i hopped on here. I have the first 4 tiers gold starred except for Blitzkrieg Bop. I dont know what it is, but i just cant do it either...
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems whatsoever. What guitar are you using? What parts are you having problems with? If it's the steady, fast chords, I assume it's a strum timing issue (tight timing window). You've got to be spot on with the rhythm, just like in the steady strumming areas of Highway Star, Creep (real tough), Seven, et all.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing fancy to it, just easily missed at times I suppose. Everyone has a song they go through that they have to repeat until they can nail it. For me, it was Go With the Flow. I got the sucker eventually, but it took me about 8 tries.
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the strat, and no, this isn't just me not having the hang of it. I can do steady strumming easily, strat or otherwise. It only happens on this song. And I've tried it WAY more than 8 times. It's gotten to the point where I start to play the song, and the first note registers as missed even though I hit it absolutely perfectly. When they finally allow the use of les paul on PS3, I'll try it with that, but I don't think it would make a difference.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If it's the steady, fast chords, I assume it's a strum timing issue (tight timing window).

That's my problem.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
Rexisfed  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I sightread Blackened and failed, and thought it seemed kind of off. I calibrated my lag and it runs a lot better now, so it looks like I might have had a little bit of lag this whole time. I haven't tried BB yet but I will at some point later.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to FC this on bass, and there was one spot where I kept missing 1 note.... must've happened 15 times. It was annoying as hell (it was somewhere around the first time he says Blitzkrieg Bop).
YODAvSIDIOUS  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either Calibrate Lag, or maybe you could turn the audio off and try it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
I have no problems whatsoever. What guitar are you using? What parts are you having problems with? If it's the steady, fast chords, I assume it's a strum timing issue (tight timing window). You've got to be spot on with the rhythm, just like in the steady strumming areas of Highway Star, Creep (real tough), Seven, et all.

I think my problem is just the fact that i suck...
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost FC'd this on my sightread, you guys must have terrible rhythm

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Blitzkrieg Bop: WTF Reply with quote

Rexisfed wrote:
Ok, I have had no problems with this game until I started trying to FC this song. It keeps registering missed notes for no reason. I was thinking that because of the short length of the song it would be a simple FC, but I can't do it for my life. I have no lag on my TV, and I'm not doing anything wrong at all. It just keeps saying I missed notes. I noticed Highway Star does it quite a bit as well. WTF is going on?
This happens to me too in Blitzkrieg Bop. I got 92% on my sightread when I KNOW I was hitting the notes. I think it may be the Strat to blame; I'm gonna try later with the SG and see if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: