FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB: Beatles glitches - post yours!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: RB: Beatles glitches - post yours! Reply with quote

Three songs into the career and I get this...

You might ask, "What's the big deal Icemage? So you missed a phrase. Big deal!"

...except I didn't

This is what appears when I hit SELECT for the details...

nillacocajola  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Southparkhero and wulfe have all ready come across this as well. One of them theorized that it could be the work of a phrase where you got the "Fab" rating, but missed a few points (such as the "Awesome" 990~ point occurrences in RB and RB2). It's nothing proven or tested, though. Give that a shot and see what happens.

EDIT: Looking at your score now, though, I'm curious -- did you happen to squeeze an even score, or was there not any opportunity to squeeze points/make up for points lost on a bad phrase?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: nillacocajola
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nillacocajola wrote:
I believe Southparkhero and wulfe have all ready come across this as well. One of them theorized that it could be the work of a phrase where you got the "Fab" rating, but missed a few points (such as the "Awesome" 990~ point occurrences in RB and RB2). It's nothing proven or tested, though. Give that a shot and see what happens.

EDIT: Looking at your score now, though, I'm curious -- did you happen to squeeze an even score, or was there not any opportunity to squeeze points/make up for points lost on a bad phrase?

No, I was looking for that, which is why I took a picture of this specific score. I didn't squeeze any points at all on this path. Every single phrase was completely under Beatlemania or completely out (hence the perfect 000 score digits).

This, as they say, pisses me off.
Fallout91  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys got Exile'd

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: FallOut Phoenix
diablocon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I've encountered this too. Annoying thing is, I don't remember doing anything different in the song at the time (song in question was Paperback Writer, but somehow I don't think that has anything to do with it).

It probably has something to do with the harmonies, or, since this is solo mode, the lack of them. You've already disproved my "Fab with less than 1000" theory".

Next thing I can think of is to run through a few songs on Easy/Medium/Hard and see if the glitch happens there.

EDIT: Ok, I looked at the pictures I had, and I did actually get 100% on Paperback Writer. However, just there I played the game in a Live session, FCed it and only got 99%. O_o I know it was an FC because the phrase streak matched my last attempt. I then FCed I'm Looking Through You, only to get 99% again. Seriously, this is either a glitch or HMX have added something really evil to the new vocal engine. >_>
RobinSahlen  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this is a glitch or whatsover, but I bought the "Limited Edition" and got the Game, New Drums, Mic, Mic stand and the new sexy Bass.

However (I'm not 360 btw), I can't seem to be able to hit the Live button to sign in, join parties, or ANYTHING. The only thing that works is I can hold it down and after 2/3 secconds I can shut the controller of like any other controller. At first, I thought I got a system update I didn't even know about, but that does not seem to be it. Then I hooked up my old LP Guitar, and do you know what? The Live button works on that one. So it's not the game either, it's just the new instrument.

Anyone else have this problem?
DMSTEPHENS  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh i've got the same thing here, you can get the guide to pop up normally just have to push hard.

It could be a design fault or it could be to stop people knocking those buttons during play and pausing the game.

Seems like a good idea to me.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me on about 5 songs of the 45 - I ended up redoing all 5, and they all scored as 100% the second time around, so it's definitely no related to only specific songs, and is also sporadic.

I'm almost certain it's a bug, but it will be very interesting to find out what is the cause.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMSTEPHENS wrote:
Yeh i've got the same thing here, you can get the guide to pop up normally just have to push hard.

It could be a design fault or it could be to stop people knocking those buttons during play and pausing the game.

HMX Sean had a post on twitter that said with the new instruments, you need to hold it down for a second to pause, and that this is a specific feature to avoid accidental pauses.
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
DMSTEPHENS wrote:

HMX Sean had a post on twitter that said with the new instruments, you need to hold it down for a second to pause, and that this is a specific feature to avoid accidental pauses.

Hey Wulfe, I bet you like this feature.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
DMSTEPHENS wrote:

That is such an improvement. I hate accidental pauses with my strat.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
Injected11  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend says he's having issues with incorrect beats registering when using lefty flip and a GHWT drum kit. When he hits 2 beats at once, certain combos of notes work properly, and some register an incorrect note. Didn't happen when he tried a RB2 kit.

X-Bass

My DLC
Plaguefox  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in Drum Trainer and I received an invitation into Band Quickplay, accepting the invitation halted the game. It required a hard shutoff of the 360.

Haven't tried to reproduce it though.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nillacocajola wrote:

what? i didnt even get the beatles, wrong person lol
diablocon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
what? i didnt even get the beatles, wrong person lol

He must be referring to me then, since I posted the problem in the same topic.

Anyway, just tried Paperback Writer with harmonies turned on. I got an FC, and once again it said I had 99%. My advanced stats were 83%/19%/11% (I decided to switch to the harmonies at times. Dead fun!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: