FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/8 DLC - PAX '09 - Freezepop, Jonathan Coulton, and more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bongsrheros  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit Kryptonite is fun, I have downloaded all RB U singles now
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the chart for Science Genius Girl on Drums.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. It's like a cheerful version of B.Y.O.B. without it having the bass on every second hit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been figuring that the Freezepop songs would have okay Sprode-like drum patterns or disco beats and that I'd get LTMR and GR2R mainly for nostalgia and possibly skip on Science Genius Girl. After watching the drum charts, they all look absolutely amazing. Science Genius Girl looks like my dream drum chart. I think I've actually imagined drum charts that looked like that and thought about how awesome it would be and wondered if there would ever actually be a song with it.

Origin of Species also looks pretty fun on guitar and drums, though a bit repetitive and definitely overshadowed by Freezepop. I'll definitely get RE: Your Brains for the song itself, even if the charts look boring. I need to find videos of Paul and Storm before I decide whether to get the whole pack or not.

Not really interested in the RB:U singles, but they provide good party songs for people who's parties aren't full of Jonathan Coulton fans (in which case, RE: Your Brains is an even better party song).

I almost feel like RE: Your Brains should have crowd singalong, except it's kind of in the song already so I guess it doesn't really matter. If you play the song at a party and everyone watching doesn't actually sing along, though, you're doing it horribly wrong.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted ABC, waiting for it to come online, and when it did...i couldnt decide...3 freezepop or 1 jackson and 1 freezepop(i had 240 points). I am so glad i got the freezepop songs. Great fun. will definitely play a lot in the near future.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
If you play the song at a party and everyone watching doesn't actually sing along, though, you're doing it horribly wrong.

VERY wrong. If there's one song worth getting other than Freezepop it's this. JoCo rox!
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Your Brains is awesome because JoCo songs have that wonderful magnetic pull to them. Plus, the band sings the chorus along with you to give that zombie like feel.

Oh yeah, can anyone talk about how hard ABC is on vocals? It had devil marks and you cover 3+ singers, so I'm curious.
GamingDaze  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed so freakin hard when i played ABC and it had a DRUM SOLO. LOLWUT.

Klaww  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
RE: Your Brains is awesome because JoCo songs have that wonderful magnetic pull to them. Plus, the band sings the chorus along with you to give that zombie like feel.

Oh yeah, can anyone talk about how hard ABC is on vocals? It had devil marks and you cover 3+ singers, so I'm curious.

ABC was pretty fun.
I can play on expert, but i usually do medium so i dont fail, just in case, and played this one on hard.
I was a little out of breath, but wasnt too hard. Though the constant changing of pitch takes some getting used to.
i got the song with a zombie promotion i got in an email anyone else get that?
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got Gasoline to work. All of the songs have now downloaded for me on Xbox.com
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kryptonite (Expert Guitar)
Miss Murder (Expert Guitar)
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
swedenman  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Freezepop pack yesterday (very fun on guitar, btw, particularly Get Ready 2 Rokk), but the Audioslave track wasn't up yet, so I decided to save points for it. I have enough for two, though, but nothing else on here looks terribly interesting. I like ABC and all, but it doesn't seem as though it would be terribly exciting on guitar. Are any of the other songs worth getting for guitarists?

My Accomplishments
I can haz thread <3? I'm kinda gud
wolf549, when updating our thread after a session wrote:
Did all we get was Rebel Girl?
Koenn  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swedenman wrote:
I bought the Freezepop pack yesterday (very fun on guitar, btw, particularly Get Ready 2 Rokk), but the Audioslave track wasn't up yet, so I decided to save points for it. I have enough for two, though, but nothing else on here looks terribly interesting. I like ABC and all, but it doesn't seem as though it would be terribly exciting on guitar. Are any of the other songs worth getting for guitarists?

Eh, the Freezepop pack is easily the best for guitar this week. Re: Your Brains is an amazing song but it's mostly acoustic-style strumming (see Wonderwall, but slower). I'd say get it if you do vocals ever, but for guitar alone not so much. Gasoline's okay on guitar, but it's not that challenging at all, even the solo's an easy 100%. Kryptonite's sure to be a good full-band track, but for guitar alone it's pretty meh. Those are the only ones I picked up this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
jellyalv  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Jackson PWNS at Vocals

R.I.P. 1958-2009

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
thetrout  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Origin of the Species serves only as a reminder of how ridiculously broken the HOPO chords are. That patch can't come soon enough.

The rest of this week, however, was awesome. Actually, Origin would be awesome too, if I could actually play it.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrout wrote:
Ugh. Origin of the Species serves only as a reminder of how ridiculously broken the HOPO chords are. That patch can't come soon enough.

The rest of this week, however, was awesome. Actually, Origin would be awesome too, if I could actually play it.

I still don't understand this problem, but I guess I dont play guitar enough. Just strum all chords = hopo chords don't matter? Or is there a problem with that.

I rarely play guitar, but I can use the chords in say Blue Sky very naturally, and don't understand how they are "broken".

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: