FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/8 DLC - PAX '09 - Freezepop, Jonathan Coulton, and more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggman  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quazifuji wrote:
I had been figuring that the Freezepop songs would have okay Sprode-like drum patterns or disco beats and that I'd get LTMR and GR2R mainly for nostalgia and possibly skip on Science Genius Girl.

It seems to me that the true fans of Harmonix would go for Science Genius Girl out of nostalgia because of Frequency.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrout wrote:
Ugh. Origin of the Species serves only as a reminder of how ridiculously broken the HOPO chords are. That patch can't come soon enough.

The rest of this week, however, was awesome. Actually, Origin would be awesome too, if I could actually play it.

HOPO chords aren't broken, you just play them wrong. I'll admit, I'm bad at certain chords too, but I can make some of them work, like the ones in RttH and Supreme Girl.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggman wrote:
Quazifuji wrote:
I had been figuring that the Freezepop songs would have okay Sprode-like drum patterns or disco beats and that I'd get LTMR and GR2R mainly for nostalgia and possibly skip on Science Genius Girl.

It seems to me that the true fans of Harmonix would go for Science Genius Girl out of nostalgia because of Frequency.
/

I guess that's true. I didn't start with Harmonix games until GH1, so I don't have any nostalgia for Science genius Girl.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely get the Freezepop pack when I have money because it's awesome.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freezepop is easily my favourite drum pack of all time, plus GR2R on guitar....for 240 it's sublime.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
thetrout wrote:
Ugh. Origin of the Species serves only as a reminder of how ridiculously broken the HOPO chords are. That patch can't come soon enough.

The rest of this week, however, was awesome. Actually, Origin would be awesome too, if I could actually play it.

HOPO chords aren't broken, you just play them wrong. I'll admit, I'm bad at certain chords too, but I can make some of them work, like the ones in RttH and Supreme Girl.

I'd prefer it if they made hopo chords like they are in gh5.
rdystdygo  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Nickelback et. al. Reply with quote

I think its time we get some of the more obscure songs from some bands whose rep is destroyed by their pop junk.

as an example, nickelback has some really great stuff that would be killer on RB...SOmething in Your Mouth, Burn it to the Ground just to name a few.

Add in some Seether, Hinder, Breaking Benjamin, Theory of a Deadman, Puddle of Mudd...and dare I say Limp Bizkit and we've got some untapped, really solid 4 chord rock and roll.
Cyanide9  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Miss Murder, Kryptonite and ABC. They had announced those about 4 months ago as I remember seeing them on Wikipedia
vedicardi  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Nickelback et. al. Reply with quote

rdystdygo wrote:
I think its time we get some of the more obscure songs from some bands whose rep is destroyed by their pop junk.

as an example, nickelback has some really great stuff that would be killer on RB...SOmething in Your Mouth, Burn it to the Ground just to name a few.

Add in some Seether, Hinder, Breaking Benjamin, Theory of a Deadman, Puddle of Mudd...and dare I say Limp Bizkit and we've got some untapped, really solid 4 chord rock and roll.

Early punk is the only solid 4 chord rock and roll
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ze King of Sage
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
thetrout wrote:

I'd prefer it if they made hopo chords like they are in gh5.

The way I make them work in RB2 is to not change the fingers I use between chords. They never fail for me then. GH5's are definitely much easier to use of course. :P

Yeah, Science Genius Girl looks AMAZINGLY fun to play on drums. I wish my drum kit wasn't broken. Also, can I call my sightread FC of LTMR an actual sightread since I played it in GH2 a million times? :P

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
jjackson  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Freezepop pack is the most fun I've had in RB in quite some time...and I haven't even played it on drums yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably because I just suck but the Freezepop pack twists my fingers into all kinds of unnatural positions. Argh! Can't keep up! And I only play on Hard!

The PAX2009 pack is great though... Re: Your Brains is so funny that I lose my concentration from laughing at the lyrics and end up screwing up in easy spots. Opening Band is fun too. I cannot stand Origin of Species though; the rap is so irritating that I just want to punch my TV to shut him up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PubliusVarrus
thetrout  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I finally got the RB:U singles and ABC is REALLY, REALLY HARD on vocals. Yikes. It actually earns those red devil horns. I actually still haven't passed it on Expert yet. Probably has something to do with dueting with yourself.
elmarko  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Harmonix,

If you are going to insist on putting in tricky hammer on chords please fix the damn things. The MC Frontalot song has the most annoying/broken HOPO chords ever.

Also, holy shit the lyrics to that song are funny. Intelligent design people are amusing.
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elmarko wrote:
Dear Harmonix,

If you are going to insist on putting in tricky hammer on chords please fix the damn things. The MC Frontalot song has the most annoying/broken HOPO chords ever.

Also, holy shit the lyrics to that song are funny. Intelligent design people are amusing.

They've confirmed that the HOPO chord engine that is in Beatles is coming with the big patch.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: