FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What exactly decides the path you take?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AgentAO  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: What exactly decides the path you take? Reply with quote

In case you don't get the title, allow me to explain. I was playing Laid to Rest on expert, and there's and I started to realize that I could influence what phrases I played. At the first Guitar phrase that uses sustains (the one where you hit green twice, holding the second), I found that I could change when I would enter the next vocals phrase based on how long I hold down the sustain, even though the sustain doesn't end the phrase.

The thing is, this has happened to me before, on float on, but I don't remember holding a sustain for a different duration. Are there other factors? Anyone else run into this?

To test this yourself: Go to Laid to Rest. You MUST FC up to a guitar phrase that looks like:
(sustain) []

If you don't hold the sustain, the next drum phrase will be something like:

And if you hold the sustain, it will be the normal drum beat.

Expert Guitar Player | Expert at choking | RB2 Guitar FC's: 42 / 84
Accomplishments Thread
PerfectSolo  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have played frequency or amplitude, the same thing happens. ALOT.

for example i FC painkiller, 42 phrases. NavyCherub preceeds to smash my score with 40 phrases.

basically if you dont hold the sustain the next phrase starts to reduce "dead" time. this can open up more note juicy parts and/or a higher score
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: