FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Inimitable's Customs [01/03: Kidd Cabbage, FF6 metal remix]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules changed between old and new Magma. Most of it is pretty easy to fix:

KyleJCrb wrote:
Code:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:1:060] supports exactly 2 (total) drum channels; this song's configuration has 6 (total) drum channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:1:060] supports exactly 0 kick channels; this song's configuration has 2 kick channels
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums0' at [1:1:060] supports exactly 0 snare channels; this song's configuration has 2 snare channels

If you just have a stereo audio track instead of stems, you should have your Magma project set up for Kit (not Kit, Kick and Snare). The audio file for every instrument should be an empty wav file with the same duration as the song. The backing track is where the song wav file goes.

You need 4 text events at the start of the drum track:
Code:
[mix 0 drums0]
[mix 1 drums0]
[mix 2 drums0]
[mix 3 drums0]

KyleJCrb wrote:
Code:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Difficulty easy: Gem at [2:1:000] is only 2.30 seconds into the song; gems cannot appear before 2.45 seconds into the song
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Difficulty medium: Gem at [2:1:000] is only 2.30 seconds into the song; gems cannot appear before 2.45 seconds into the song
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Difficulty hard: Gem at [2:1:000] is only 2.30 seconds into the song; gems cannot appear before 2.45 seconds into the song
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Difficulty expert: Gem at [2:1:000] is only 2.30 seconds into the song; gems cannot appear before 2.45 seconds into the song

RBN2 songs should have a 1-2,1-2-3-4 count-in in measures 1 and 2. The first note should be at 3:1:00.

KyleJCrb wrote:
Code:
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (VENUE): Bad MIDI note 60 at [1:1:000]
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (VENUE): verse event at [122:1:000] is not allowed

RBN2 song venues are controlled by text events, not MIDI notes. Just delete everything in the VENUE track except for the track name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
inimitable  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know how to fix it; but I can't be bothered to go through all of these old charts and make sure they're all up-to-date! I'd have to actually make them not suck too, and that takes a while sometimes!

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Well I know how to fix it; but I can't be bothered to go through all of these old charts and make sure they're all up-to-date!

Of course... that's why I didn't quote *you*! I don't think there's a good summary of how to patch up RB2 files anywhere else.

Sorry for barging in
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
KyleJCrb  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Inimitable doesn't mind, I can give fixing up the chart a shot. I've never charted before, but I might as well learn now!

Also, Ailsean actually redid 'Terra in Black' last year. It's the exact same song, just rerecorded and remastered, so he might have some master tracks for it. If I can get this working, maybe I'll get in touch with him.
KyleJCrb  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I went ahead and managed to get Terra in Black (or 'Terra Obsidian' if you prefer, which is Ailsean's new version of the song) by throwing a dummy MIDI into Magma, extracting the files from the RBA file, and then replacing the MIDI with the proper one before compiling in RB3Maker. The song itself works and is completely playable, but the cameras and venue effects aren't working at all. I tried it with both an unedited chart and with a chart that had everything deleted from the VENUE track as Nyxyxylyth suggested, but both had the same results. I've packaged up all of the files from the RBA along with the rb3con of the song if anyone wants to take a look and give some advice on how to get the venue effects working.

http://kngi.org/private/terrainblack.zip
DieTheShisno  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inimitable wrote:
Updated Akira Yamaoka's "Theme of Laura" from Silent Hill 2 to v4. It's RB3 format now, even though vocals and keys aren't charted (vocals because they don't exist in the song, and keys because they're occasionally mapped to other instruments).

My joy at finally finding a chart with multiple instruments for this song knows no bounds!

... then I tried to download it, and the link was dead.

So is there any chance of some of these tracks being updated with working downloads again? Or anyone else have a working copy of the file that I could use? As someone who is now finally getting into the customs-scene, just wanna know.
AkiraNomuraBCN  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please reup these songs:

Blind Guardian - Journey Through the Dark
John 5 - Flatlines, Thin Lines
Lacuna Coil - The Prophet Said
Megaherz - Perfekte Droge
Nekofrog - MegaMan 2 "Wily's Requiem"
Nightwish - Stargazers
Rage Against the Machine - Pistol Grip Pump
Rammstein - Keine Lust
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
Stabbing Westward - Torn Apart
Stratovarius - Forever is Today
X-Japan - Rusty Nail

Thanks!!
iammax  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh, is there any way someone could re-upload some of this stuff?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for RB3 versions of most all of Inimitable's customs, they're in my thread over at C3. If you're looking for FoF/PS versions, he's reuploaded them here: http://kngi.org/inimitable/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: