FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Maps. :-/
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
endstille  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Maps. :-/ Reply with quote

I just got a 74%, 4 phrase streak. On easy. I have yet to pass it on Medium. Most other songs I can 5* on Medium. W.T.H.

Is there some weird trick to this song or why is it so hard?

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
fcphantom  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried taking it down an octave? Otherwise, go to practice mode and just listen/watch how the vocals and the line match up a couple times without singing at all.
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one I found easier to sing falsetto...plus it kinda more closely mimics the female singer.

Other than that, it might be harder for you because you simply don't know it well? The line "they don't love you like I love you' can especially be a bit difficult to get down right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is one of the songs i seriously considered when i was looking for my first song to fc. i ended up doing blitzkrieg bop instead. but with some practice i could fc this one i think, i just don't know what your hangup is.

i did listen to the song a few times before rock band came out. just listened. it might be worth it to try watching the video on youtube a few times or something to get used to the way karen o sings it.

-seraph
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have yet to Gold Star Maps. Something about female vocals makes it really tough for me, like I can't figure out if I should go falsetto or not and I sometimes get stuck in-between. I did get Celebrity Skin golded, but let's be honest, Courtney Love is a mustache short of being a dude.
endstille  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Well i'm a long ways away from doing expert, I barely pass songs that I have completely memorized, so idk.

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In almost every instance in the song (except for "you don't love me like I love you" or whatever the words are), it simply a matter of figuring out which two pitches the singer is bouncing back and forth between. One thing that I have found INVALUABLE when trying to learn a song is to go on youtube, find a video of someone singing it (someone good!), and learn each phrase. Learn it phrase by phrase for the first half of the song, then go back and try to sing it. If you're getting awesomes, you're not tone deaf, go back and learn the last half of the song. If you're tone deaf, then you'll probably want to stick to guitar and drums.
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hell of a time playing this song....can barely pass it on medium
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this song... Whoever said sing this song falsetto is absolutley right... Have a abnormally high voice in real life anyway so vocals are pretty easy for me... I gold starred maps actually most of the first half of the game I have gold stars except say it aint so I think...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Oxi  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this... this song is my bane. I can sing pretty much everything on medium, can pass a lot of stuff on hard and expert but I'm still stuck on this song in career in H and X since I can't pass it. I think I 2 starred it on medium too. Also, the part I can't do is the beginning, I have no idea what the pitch is on the say say say say part. The Maaaaaahhhaaahhhaaahhps part and the you don't love me like i love you part I can do somewhat decently on.

I realize you probably can't help me, just venting. Hate this song and can't understand for the life of me why it's in the first tier.
Ghazken  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickisimo wrote:
but let's be honest, Courtney Love is a mustache short of being a dude.

LAWLZ!!!
pvtGramps  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that i've done to circumvent the vocals on female songs is to stop worrying about the pitch so much and just go after how the words are said.

I don't know if it makes sense, but words tend to have a normal tone to them, and concentrating on the first pitch on the phrase and then letting the words take you between notes for the rest of the song works too.

At least, that's how I finally got through "In bloom"... so it may work for you.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My voice is already high=Expert FC 10th place

SELF-PROMOTION!!!?!?!!?!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Slippy  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, Maps. I like singing it and playing Hard Guitar at the same time. But then, I'm female so its one of the easier ones for me.

Dunno if we're allowed to do this, but, vid. Apologies if not.

I'm new to the boards, by the way. Hooray, finally a place where I can ramble on about Rock Band Vocals and people will actually care!

Songs I've been in the Top 10 on XBL: Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Fortunate Son, I'm So Sick, The Kill, Paranoid
My dancing game and singing game videos :X
boredathome  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to SH!!! hope you like it, it's an amazing site full of fun and interesting techniques and styles! hope ya dig it
beingmused about the strat wrote:
beingmused wrote:
Everyone should be happy with them, except those that demand a clicky strum bar (which I've never understood. When watching videos, it always makes me cringe when people have clicky strumbars...it sounds like someone is playing Hungry Hungry Hippos nearby).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: