FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Broken Pitched Phrase in "My Iron Lung"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Broken Pitched Phrase in "My Iron Lung"? Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been noticed before, but while squeezing My Iron Lung, I realized that there's a broken pitched part of a phrase that has a few weird characteristics.

Phrase: "A twentieth century bitch."

- The broken word is "A"
- The arrow turns red as if you're missing the pitch, even when you're hitting it precisely
- The outer edge of the arrow is vaguely green, as it would show on any other correctly hit pitch
- No points are awarded for hitting the phrase with the correct pitch

It doesn't impact the ability to hit the phrase considering it's the shortest word in the entire phrase, but I figured it was an interesting find.

Have any other pitched phrases been discovered to have broken words within them similar to this instance?

Considering the shortness of the word, I had trouble capturing a clear picture of the actual event, but you can see for yourselves by playing the song, or by going to 1:25 in this video.
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I....I....

What.....

What.

How the hell did that slip by QA?
bclare  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killzonedout wrote:
I....I....

What.....

What.

How the hell did that slip by QA?

Quiz: Is kzd talking about

a) Alive (Live)
b) Inside Out
c) My Iron Lung
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the charted pitch line is so short that it breaks the engine? Looking at the chart, it seems to be less than 1/32 of a measure long.

Compare and contrast to, say, Bad to the Bone, which also has lots of itty-bitty pipes, but which do register properly.

There might be something interesting in the RB1/RB2 vocals parameters as well; Deimos posted some neat numbers quite a while ago.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20597&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=74

Maybe if the note itself is shorter than the pitch slop value, the engine breaks and gives up?
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played it within the RB1 engine yet to see if it has the same results there, so if someone wants to run through the song a few times and see if the same effect persists, that would be helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: