FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/18 DLC - Foo Fighters, Dropkick Murphys, Blur, Eve 6, more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I'm a Foo Fighters fan and those charts was way off (I know how to play them on a real guitar). Check out my "Opinion of Note charts" post in the misc discussion.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:
Damn. I'm a Foo Fighters fan and those charts was way off (I know how to play them on a real guitar). Check out my "Opinion of Note charts" post in the misc discussion.

The whole thing with charting for guitar in these games is that it's more accuracy of hand movement than it is accuracy note-for-note. How many times have you played these songs on a guitar with five frets and one string?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Wattershed wrote:

The whole thing with charting for guitar in these games is that it's more accuracy of hand movement than it is accuracy note-for-note. How many times have you played these songs on a guitar with five frets and one string?

Speaking of which, I know that Misirlou can be played on guitar with one string; how "accurate" is the GH chart compared to that I wonder?

On topic, I'm really looking forward to grabbing Clint Eastwood tonight for vox.
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Wattershed wrote:

But the hand placement is just as wrong. Nothing accurate about the hand placing.

If it was hand placing "I'll stick around" would look like this.

The in game chart looks like this.

If Pitch accurate it would look like this, and it would be alot more fun to play.

ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what I think it is? A dream come true?
Not only does Wii get GORILLAZ, but we also get the entire BLOOD SUGAR SEX MAGIK album!?

AMAZING WEEK.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week strikes me as the definition of mediocre. There's nothing easy enough to make people complain about being bored, nothing hard enough to make anybody cower, and the music itself is about as safely straight-laced as you can get. I love listening to most everything that's getting released today and bought all but the Blur track, but I don't see these standing out all that much.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
*cue Johnny, I hardly Knew Ya and (F)lannigan's Ball being released next month*

It HAS to be this version of Flannigan's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0xGU4iSR0

Anywho, I bought the Foos, DkM, Blur and No Rain, and will probably buy the others later on this month. Should be fun!
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
This week strikes me as the definition of mediocre. There's nothing easy enough to make people complain about being bored, nothing hard enough to make anybody cower, and the music itself is about as safely straight-laced as you can get. I love listening to most everything that's getting released today and bought all but the Blur track, but I don't see these standing out all that much.

Are you saying you'd rather have people complain about easy charts then not have anything to complain about at all?

Also, I think I'm Shipping Up to Boston saves the potential mediocrity of the week (and All My Life, but it's a Foos song so it's not exactly exciting or anything unless you happen to like it).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crowd sing-alongs on All My Life and I'll Stick Around were pleasant surprises. All around good week for me, anyway.

PS.: Charted cymbals? What do you mean?
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this week pushes the RB platform past 800 songs between RB1/2/ACDC & DLC. 900 by year's end probably.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Koenn  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
this week pushes the RB platform past 800 songs between RB1/2/ACDC & DLC. 900 by year's end probably.

I'm sure we'll be at well over a thousand by the end of the year, especially with RBN coming out. It's crazy. I'm not even a DLC whore (though I'm sure I own over half of what's available) and I don't wanna think about how much I've spent on DLC already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
Sneuticles  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Harmonix,

There are other bands out there besides Foo Fighters.

I still love you unconditionally.
Koenn  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneuticles wrote:
Dear Harmonix,

There are other bands out there besides Foo Fighters.

I still love you unconditionally.

Yeah, like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nine Inch Nails!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: k0enn
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koenn wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:

I'm sure we'll be at well over a thousand by the end of the year, especially with RBN coming out. It's crazy. I'm not even a DLC whore (though I'm sure I own over half of what's available) and I don't wanna think about how much I've spent on DLC already.

I don't know if RB:N will be able to be regulated. I mean if each song has to be judged and it takes time what if people are making hundreds of songs every week?

But, We'll probably have like 1,200 to 1,500 by year end if RB:N isn't a flop.

On a related(ish) note, how many more weeks till Wii has no backlog?

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Holabano  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HerbieHero wrote:
The crowd sing-alongs on All My Life and I'll Stick Around were pleasant surprises. All around good week for me, anyway.

PS.: Charted cymbals? What do you mean?

basically it's when they chart cymbal rolls on drums. it's really annoying to play in rock band. in GHWT, they just have a one note hold and you play it however fast you want for that hold which is a better way of approaching it. I personally don't play for score so I just think it's handled better that way.

I think it was the end of Inside Out that there were some charted cymbal notes that threw me off. I hate that chart. wasn't crazy about All My Life either. sucks because they're both good songs. favorite for this week has to be Kaiser Chiefs.

Accomplishments Thread. DLCQ.
ION Rocker/Pearl 900/Roland KD-7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: