FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The best drummers arn't trying?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoamythePuppy  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: The best drummers arn't trying? Reply with quote

Recently, the non-FC list thing has gone up A LOT in songs. Not only from the Mayhem Pack, but from other easier songs that would have been FCed in a day 3 months ago. What's going on?
Canadian4ever  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: The best drummers arn't trying? Reply with quote

FoamythePuppy wrote:
Recently, the non-FC list thing has gone up A LOT in songs. Not only from the Mayhem Pack, but from other easier songs that would have been FCed in a day 3 months ago. What's going on?

Well drummers have a life too lol.
Killer-Kool-Aid  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its summer. i dont play nearly as much, its to nice out to be playing games(atleast here it is)
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Foamy, I'm still trying.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: The best drummers arn't trying? Reply with quote

FoamythePuppy wrote:

I think the simple answer to that is, it isn't their job to FC EVERY single song that comes out RIGHT AWAY. They work on what they want to work on and if they want to FC the songs on that list, they will get around to it when they get around to it.

I mean is it hurting anyone to have a few more songs on the unFCed list? If you have a major issue with them being there then you are perfectly capable of using practice mode and putting in the same many hours they put into grinding a song for an FC.

Also how can you say they are easy, if they are easy, then someone would have gotten them by now. When it comes to an FC it means you have to hit 100% of the notes so if one little section of a few notes is hard, the song becomes hard.

edit: forgot one thing. How can you say the best drummers aren't trying. Are you physically watching them all the time to say they aren't trying. maybe they are working their asses off and can't get the song FCed.

Anyways now that i think about it, this thread should be locked. There is nothing constructive to discuss here. so i will be reporting this now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
strikebowler585  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been noticing this on the guitar side as well (not as much though). Again, I think it's because not everyone buys all the DLC (and again, over 1000 bucks overall). And people tend to buy songs that they like rather than songs that are just unFCd. And I noticed that when I try to play drums on RB, it gets boring very fast and I even find the freestyle mode in RB2 more fun, which makes me just want to play real drums instead.

I guess RB drums are closer to real drums than RB guitar is to real guitar.

And I guess that summer is time off of school for some of us and time on for vacation. And people sometimes associate RB FCing as "work to be done" so the summer can be described as a break from competitive RB playing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to ask the same thing about certain songs like Constant Motion, Space Truckin' and Aesthetics of Hate...but since i'm no Expert drummer myself, after getting busted out by MarkMadness on his page and the page of someone who was rivaling him to FC Constant Motion (which still, iirc neither of them have done), I want to not get into it on people's pages, but to FC something like that just feels so amazing.

On that note, I felt, "Aesthetics of Hate (on drums) will never get FC'd" until blindz0r was -1 on it, and he gave up on it after getting fed up with the broken bass note. Now Phoenix has an FC of it, as do dummerbeast and Flooven. Whatever.

And for Space Truckin', the reason I was so anxious to see that FC'd was inv4der's offer to give a THOF spot to the first person to FC it. HellAshes has had a -1 on it since early this year, and someguy got the FC in late April. For some reason, now I feel this is going to be the only Space Truckin FC we'll ever get.

It's songs like these that are the reason there needs to be a Hall of Fame for Drums, just like in the guitar thread. */awaits hate mail since I can't do Expert Drums for shit*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think the Mayhem songs have had an effect on the unFCed songs since then. The Mayhem songs are more challenging, and to a lot of the top drummers who like that kind of music, more fun than stuff like Spinal Tap and Kiss that have come out since then.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have you paid attention to the recent songs making the list? The Dead Weather songs have some of the fastest snare rolls of any song in the entire game, not to mention one of the hardest intros in any song in this game.

Sure the Kiss songs should'nt have made it, but it was for what, like 24 hours?

Anyways, The Dead Weather songs are all deserving of making this list, if you don't believe me work on the sections I detail in my posts describing the hard parts. Once you FC one of those sections, let me know. They may be harder than almost anything (roll or fill, not song) in Iron Maiden pack (Powerslave exception?).

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure why this couldn't have just been put in with the Un-FCed songs thread. No real reason to post a new topic.

Also, the best point of this has been covered already. It's no one's JOB to FC these songs. If you are so eager to have these songs FCd consider a few things.

1. Ask one of the people, but do it in a polite way. "Hey, I noticed I haven't seen anything from you in a while. You still have time to play? How is (insert song) going?" is perfectly fine. Making a threador asking "Why haven't you FCed this song yet? What's wrong?" is not quite as good.

2. Ever thought about FCing it yourself? If you're so eager to have a song ticked off, go for it. Not being good enough isn't an excuse. If you feel you can go out of your way to ask, then go out of your way to attempt it.

3. Be patient. Many many top players have noted stress from the community while working on a song, having so many people always hammering away at them, pestering them. Again, as I said in #1, it should be about encouragment, not questions of why it hasn't happened yet.

That being said, feel free to ask about these songs (using the above guidelines) in the topic already here dealing with these songs. No reason to start a new thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: