FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Official Note Chart Opinions Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackFr  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who finds HOPO parts infinitely more fun the strummed parts? Like I think Borne on Wings of Steel is the worst chart on the platform. Not accuracy wise, but why does that one charter feel the need to insert strums into every HOPO sequence? It just makes the chart feel cramped, and it's really awkward to play. HOPO chains are fun as hell IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:
Like I think Borne on Wings of Steel is the worst chart on the platform.

Icarus is one of my top ten favorite guitar charts in Rock Band, so I definitely disagree. You're probably not alone though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
JackFr wrote:
Like I think Borne on Wings of Steel is the worst chart on the platform.

Icarus is one of my top ten favorite guitar charts in Rock Band, so I definitely disagree. You're probably not alone though.

I think Icarus is fun, sometimes parts are frustrating, but i kind of like them being somewhat accurate, maybe not that accurate because opinion is split, but they should split it half way like make fast strumming sequences a bit easier/funner with hammer-ons, but keep most not crazy strumming parts mostly the same.

BTW in Bohemian Rhapsody i cant hear the very first guitar notes at all (they're played at the same time as the piano) its just the very first few. Does anyone know whats going on there

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
iTzAeroMaiden  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to give my two cents on Beast & The Hartlot's guitar chart. I know a lot of people have been complaining about EVERYTHING but the solo. Here's where I believe differently.

Everything outside the solo seems accurate or relatively close, in my opinion. The only thing that stands out is the solo. I think it's an absolute mess and could have been worked on more. Now before you say, 'umad cuz u cant hit teh solo. watta n00b.' I have 76/84 RB2 guitar FCs, so don't go there.
mew905  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ agreed, I actually quite enjoy beast and the harlot, just the cursed strum note in the solo crammed in the hopo chains prevents me from an FC
zage1337  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iTzAeroMaiden wrote:
I just wanted to give my two cents on Beast & The Hartlot's guitar chart. I know a lot of people have been complaining about EVERYTHING but the solo. Here's where I believe differently.

Everything outside the solo seems accurate or relatively close, in my opinion. The only thing that stands out is the solo. I think it's an absolute mess and could have been worked on more. Now before you say, 'umad cuz u cant hit teh solo. watta n00b.' I have 76/84 RB2 guitar FCs, so don't go there.

I got -2 on that song because of those stupid random strums in the solo. I don't think I could ever hit it consistently so that song is a really annoying FC.

Thracian  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:
Am I the only person who finds HOPO parts infinitely more fun the strummed parts? Like I think Borne on Wings of Steel is the worst chart on the platform. Not accuracy wise, but why does that one charter feel the need to insert strums into every HOPO sequence? It just makes the chart feel cramped, and it's really awkward to play. HOPO chains are fun as hell IMO.

I totally agree with you. Another example I think is Feel Good Drag in RB, the verses are so unfun because it's all strumming.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, is it just me, or is the chart for The Kill really bad? Definitely not 2-tiered with that terrible keys/guitar alternating part.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
Man, is it just me, or is the chart for The Kill really bad? Definitely not 2-tiered with that terrible keys/guitar alternating part.

What is bad about it save the tier considering that it far predates keys? (Not that I remember any keys being charted in any case. >__>)

Tiers have very little to do with the chart's difficulty beyond passing, and even then it's not all that reliable. A chart being harder than its tier would imply doesn't mean it's poorly charted in any case.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part. Keys come out far too prominently and become distracting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SxoMaEiqtGU#t=119s
Apparently the song was released in 2007, so that explains the quality. I'm just more used to RB3+ DLC since that's what I play mostly. Of all the easy songs I have, this comes off as one of the more complicated ones to play.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
This part. Keys come out far too prominently and become distracting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SxoMaEiqtGU#t=119s
Apparently the song was released in 2007, so that explains the quality. I'm just more used to RB3+ DLC since that's what I play mostly. Of all the easy songs I have, this comes off as one of the more complicated ones to play.

Then that's definitely a mix issue, not a chart issue.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been years since LEGO: Rock Band was released, and I still can't get over the fact that they didn't chart the sax riffs on guitar. I mean, this was pre-RB3, and you did that for "The Final Countdown."[/i]
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
markvandam  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where else to put this, so I'm putting it here ...

Hail to the King... WTF?!?!?

Surely I'm not the only one here that finds ascending triplets an unnatural motion, therefore rendering the opening section only marginally less comprehensible / manageable than TTFAF. Added to that the main chunk of the song is a medium level chord snooze that offers no real incentive to grind through the start.

I consider myself a fairly proficient player, but especially with no practice, it's just not fun. Should have kept this for DLC, imo

There goes my hopes of getting guitar expert 5 stars across this game... Rant over, carry on everyone.

p.s. it does sound accurate, so fair enough on that part (from my untrained musical ear)
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markvandam wrote:

Surely I'm not the only one here that finds ascending triplets an unnatural motion, therefore rendering the opening section only marginally less comprehensible / manageable than TTFAF. Added to that the main chunk of the song is a medium level chord snooze that offers no real incentive to grind through the start.

I consider myself a fairly proficient player, but especially with no practice, it's just not fun. Should have kept this for DLC, imo

There goes my hopes of getting guitar expert 5 stars across this game... Rant over, carry on everyone.

p.s. it does sound accurate, so fair enough on that part (from my untrained musical ear)
It's either that pattern or something similar for basically the whole song, or the snoozefest that we were given. There was no winning on that guitar chart.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
markvandam  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
markvandam wrote:

It's either that pattern or something similar for basically the whole song, or the snoozefest that we were given. There was no winning on that guitar chart.

Not adding that song to the game would have been a win
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: