FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Official Note Chart Opinions Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ButtGoblin  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:

What I'm saying is that there are strum notes that should be charted as hammerons for the sake of being fun.

Well, on solos maybe, but I really hate when they do that on elsewhere. Like intro on holy wars and lucretia for example. I fucking hate those stupid hopos.
Celeles  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who that one charter at HMX is? You know that guy who NEVER MIXES LEAD AND RHYTHM GUITAR PARTS NO MATTER HOW BORING AND REPETITIVE THE CHART TURNS OUT IN DOING SO.

Examples:
Rock And Roll Star (Oasis)
Song 2 (Blur)
Solo in Message In A Bottle (Police)
Thrash Unreal (Against Me!)

This may just be me, but I'm a much bigger fan of charts that switch things up...I'd rather not play the same 3 notes over and over again, thank you very much.

Compare the GH5 chart of Blur's 'Song 2' to the Lego Rock Band version. GH5 often switches between the lead line and the rhythm part on guitar, transforming a moderately simple song into something at least somewhat interesting. The LRB chart, on the other hand, has you playing a yellow note for about 45 seconds straight during the chorus. Who HONESTLY thinks this is a good idea? Is it just laziness? Do the respective charters just not feel like having to do all the extra work to switch between parts?

I dunno, it just really bugs me to see charts with a lot of potential turn out so bland.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: The Perfect Drug

Instrument: Vocals

Difficulty: Expert

Opinions: Very poor chart. Most of it is okay, but there's lots of incorrectly charted octaves, like the high pitched phrase which should be charted a full octave above the previous phrase. Also, the whispering part right before the drum solo should be charted as talkies.

---

Song: Black Hole Sun

Opinions: The chart for the most part feels more monotone than it should be, especially the "In my eyes..." etc. parts.

---

Song: Stumble and Fall

Opinion: This is one of the worst charts I have seen. I am almost certain it's incorrectly charted. it's very noticeable in the phrase "and then I found out it was just...nothing at all" The end part drops an entire octave, which really doesn't allow you any way to make it sound right since you're either gonna sing one part way too deeply or you're gonna sing it as the same note, and it does this a few times throughout the song. Also, when the singer does the "I get over the brrrrrrr-eaks" phrases, it's charted as steady notes. Also, for whatever reason, they didn't use the album version of this song which has no swearing and instead used a version that they had to censor, which is really bizarre since it's Lego Rock Band.

Instrument: Drums

Opinions: For the most part, it's a decent chart, but one part in particular misses out a snare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haF-VPrMElg (at 1:42)

---

Song: No Time

Opinions: Awesome chart. Very easy but fun to sing.

---

Song: Constant Motion

Opinions: Probably my favourite drum song to play because of the awesome part right after the yellow-blue sticking part right up until the end of the song

Instrument: Guitar

Opinions: Hardest song for me. The solo is absolute bull and the timing gets so insanely small that I can't hit a single note at the sliding part at the end of the solo usually.

--

Song: Kool Thing

Opinions: Super fun and epic. The first hard drum song I could nearly FC

---

Song: Seven

Opinions: A good, but surprisingly difficult chart. Still very fun to play.

---

Song: Something In the Way

Opinions: Great chart, although I think it sounds much better to sing the high parts an octave lower.

---

Song: Sprode

Opinions: Wicked chart, tons of fun to play.

Opinions: The chart is dumbed down for some reason and some snares are clearly not charted.

---

Song: Entangled

Opinions: Great chart. Only criticism is the phrase that says "silver mirror" seems a bit off.

---

Song: March of the Pigs

Opinions: Awesome song, terrible chart. Listen to it and look at the chart. there are vast differences, especially in the last few phrases.

---

Song: Capital G

Opinions: The most well-charted NIN song on the game.

---

Song: Prayer of the Refugee/Drain You/Man In The Box

Opinions: Although I can nearly do them, the low parts are charted a bit too low.

---

Song: Savior

Opinions: At one strumming part the stop charting it as strumming a bit too soon and put a sustained note in its place

---

Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper

Difficulty: Hard

Opinions: I can barely pass the outro of this even though I can do it on expert. the last half of it changes it up so that it is basically the same as the expert chart, minus the first pedal and first snare hit, which really feels unnatural to play.

--

Song: They Say

Difficulty: Any

Opinions: I absolutely HATE how they chart only the rhythm and completely lower the guitar bends to make their charting seem more accurate.

---

Song: B.Y.O.B.

Opinions: Awful chart. they blend together Serj and Daron's vocals into the chart and they chart it as if it's meant for robots. Very funny that Guitar Hero stole this awful chart. Also, the Toxicity chart wasn't charted in the correct octaves, but Guitar Hero decided to actually put some effort in this time and fix that. Hopefully future SoaD songs will be a bit more accurately charted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
NoahTheDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celeles wrote:
I dunno, it just really bugs me to see charts with a lot of potential turn out so bland.
Dude, I totally know. What the hell. Also, Can I Play With Madness has the rhythm guitar charted during the chorus, which hurts my heart so much. I Just got the Flight 666 pack, and it's like HMX said to themselves, "How can we mess up each of these charts in some way?"

*shakes head* Sadness.

Noah
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: NoahTheDuke
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to e-mail HMX twice about this but got no response, so I'll just rage in this thread instead.

Why the hell did the worker/-s who charted the Iron Maiden pack, Rust in Peace and TGST feel a need to chart everything as far away as possible from the actual playing, like charting every other bent sustain or whammy as more than just one note? When you bend a sustained note on a real guitar, you don't do a shit-fast trill, you just strike one note. Since RB has no real ability (Yet) to emulate bending or whammying as part of the charts, JUST LET IT BE AND CHART ONLY ONE NOTE. It doesn't make it more fun to play, it only makes you have to mash more buttons and is a highly unprofessional way of making songs unneededly harder to play, not to mention it looks bad.
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretMachine-SH wrote:
I've been trying to e-mail HMX twice about this but got no response, so I'll just rage in this thread instead.

Why the hell did the worker/-s who charted the Iron Maiden pack, Rust in Peace and TGST feel a need to chart everything as far away as possible from the actual playing, like charting every other bent sustain or whammy as more than just one note? When you bend a sustained note on a real guitar, you don't do a shit-fast trill, you just strike one note. Since RB has no real ability (Yet) to emulate bending or whammying as part of the charts, JUST LET IT BE AND CHART ONLY ONE NOTE. It doesn't make it more fun to play, it only makes you have to mash more buttons and is a highly unprofessional way of making songs unneededly harder to play, not to mention it looks bad.

The word you're looking for is needlessly
dore  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or unnecessarily

There are enough players that bitch that stuff is undercharted when they don't chart whammies/trills/whatever as multiple notes, so for the harder stuff it's understandable that they would chart it that way. I personally hate the final solo in GH3's Raining Blood, but I'm sure a ton of people would've complained if it was all sustains instead of batshit crazy trills

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is less of an opinion on a note chart, but rather asking for opinions on how people think a song will be charted. How do you guys think HMX is going to chart the middle section of Roundabout on drums? That sounds like it could be scary.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
This is less of an opinion on a note chart, but rather asking for opinions on how people think a song will be charted. How do you guys think HMX is going to chart the middle section of Roundabout on drums? That sounds like it could be scary.
That section was the reason I chose to do a custom of Siberian Khatru instead. There are probably actual drums beneath all that auxiliary percussion, but who knows.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:

DRUM SOLO!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one thing to say...

the Guitar Chart to Smells Like Teen Spirit is pretty bad. That's really the only superbly bad charting job I've seen them do, but one mistake is no big deal, and it's certainly not unplayable or anything.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyDude wrote:
I have one thing to say...

the Guitar Chart to Smells Like Teen Spirit is pretty bad. That's really the only superbly bad charting job I've seen them do, but one mistake is no big deal, and it's certainly not unplayable or anything.

All of Nevermind has terrible charting. SLTS has it the worst. The strumming is so freaking terrible. Even funnier during the "yay, yay, yay" parts after the choruses.

Drain You's spacey secton was terribly charted. Instead of a trill it sounds more like:

GxxGxx
xRxxxxx
xxYxxxY

x being empty space or something. The strumming in Stay Away's intro is bad too if I recall, and Lithium was overcharted too.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i FUCKING HATE IT WHEN HMX DOESNT CHART STRUM NOTES AS STRUM NOTES, IT SHOULD BE ACCURATE BECAUSE ITS REALLY NOT MUCH IF ANY HARDER THAT WAY.
Now that thats over

Smells Like Teen Spirit or If Youre Wondering if i want you to definitely have the 1st worst charting. to make it short.

SLTS should have the same notes being played durin the hello hello part as the verse and the entire chorus is terribly charted, you play a totla of 4 different chords (yes all u play is chords) the whole time, 5 if you want to count the muted part.

The Weezer song is 100% 3 note power chords (so they should probly be charted as two note chords wit a space in between) except for the bridge. There's no hammerons at all or single notes. Almost the entire song is mischarted.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Chucklestyle  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly Like An Eagle has just won my most hated guitar chart award.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
xtreme2252  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don;t know much about real guitars, but I think Fire and In Too Deep have bad guitar charts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: