FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Official Note Chart Opinions Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyg111  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Bat Country

Instrument: Drums

Difficulty: Expert

Opinions: The song is varied, many different beats and fills, I'm not even a fan of the song, or the band, but it's one of my favorite songs to play on drums now.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 446831583882
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Drug, Expert Drums.

Just noticed there seems to be a charting error on this one, not sure how I didn't before. The yellow rolls at the start of the song and leading into verse 2 are constant 16th notes, but it really sounds to me like in the song there are three notes played, a slight pause, then the rest. So it should be YYY YYYY[...].
VideoFreak  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Medicate by AFI

Instrument: Guitar

Opinion: The pick slide is charted as a single blue note, I would have liked to see a three note chord for something as dramatic as that.

Song: Waking the Demon by Bullet for my Valentine

Instrument: Vocals

Opinion: The "waking the demon" is charted as the same pitch as the "walking in shadows," even though the "waking the demon" part is way higher.
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VideoFreak wrote:

Song: Waking the Demon by Bullet for my Valentine

Instrument: Vocals

Opinion: The "waking the demon" is charted as the same pitch as the "walking in shadows," even though the "waking the demon" part is way higher.
thats because they used one of the vocals in that. if you listene closely, it's a harmony
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: More Than Meets The Eye by Testament

Diff: Expert

Opinion: Underrated guitar chart, and song in general. Very fun main riff, feels natural to play, and the solo is a blast.

9/10
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steebeh wrote:
Song: More Than Meets The Eye by Testament

Diff: Expert

Opinion: Underrated guitar chart, and song in general. Very fun main riff, feels natural to play, and the solo is a blast.

9/10
I agree, the solo is very fun. But I hate playing the verses, but maybe I'm just not a gallop guy, grinding RttH bass kind of ruined the fun. (If there was any.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Constant Motion by Dream Theater

Instrument: Bass

One of my favorite songs in all of Rock Band to play. Despite most of it being a strumfest, it's an awesome strumfest. The pattern in Odd Riff 1 is really cool to play if you can hit it. It gets even more interesting before the guitar solo, and in the middle of it when everyone kicks into high gear. That main bass riff is pretty sweet, too (mmm...donuts). Maybe it's just because I love the song, but I really enjoy this one a lot.

Yay for 1200 posts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post this here, because it would get buried in the official Rock Band forum.

As of late (well, always. But I'm noticing it more now) I've had a problem with a lot of the guitar charting. Not how it's charted per se, but in regards to hammer-ons and pull-offs. I'm sure a number of other people have also grown irritated with the number of strummed single notes in scales and runs, especially in guitar solos. At this point I'm seeing a lot of possibly fun solos ruined by strum notes. I understand the desire for accuracy, but sacrificing fun for perfect accuracy isn't worth making in my opinion. Nobody wants to play strummed triplets because done with hammer-ons is a lot more fun.

If Caprici (for example) were charted accurately, it would be no fun. Because the solos were charted as strings of hammerons, they're extremely fun to play. The best songs are the ones that are fun, and I don't think that a few sticklers for complete accuracy are worth screwing up solos over.

If anyone agrees or disagree, then I want your opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Good Mourning/Black Friday

Opinions: The triplet-riff in the "Good Mourning" section of the song is my favourite part to play, just because it sounds nice, and is much less fast paced than most of the other riffs in the song. The solos are frantic, like just about everything else in the album. The strumming is quite tiring, especially at the end. Although, at the end of the day, playing this song will prove to you one of three things:
1. Your calibration sucks.
2. You find this the most fun song in the album.
3. You HATE chord changes.
-----------------
Song: Fat Bottomed Girls

Instrument: Bass

Opinions: The song overall is slow-paced and easy to play. But, if you take the time to play this song just once on bass, you'll definitely find some fun to be had. There are short, albeit very fun HO/PO sequences that just make the chart that much more inviting. Of course, it helps if you like the song.

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidney17 wrote:
Song: Good Mourning/Black Friday

Although, at the end of the day, playing this song will prove to you one of three things:
1. Your calibration sucks.
2. You find this the most fun song in the album.
3. You HATE chord changes.

For me it's definitely 1 and 3

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Overwin  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:
I'm going to post this here, because it would get buried in the official Rock Band forum.

As of late (well, always. But I'm noticing it more now) I've had a problem with a lot of the guitar charting. Not how it's charted per se, but in regards to hammer-ons and pull-offs. I'm sure a number of other people have also grown irritated with the number of strummed single notes in scales and runs, especially in guitar solos. At this point I'm seeing a lot of possibly fun solos ruined by strum notes. I understand the desire for accuracy, but sacrificing fun for perfect accuracy isn't worth making in my opinion. Nobody wants to play strummed triplets because done with hammer-ons is a lot more fun.

If Caprici (for example) were charted accurately, it would be no fun. Because the solos were charted as strings of hammerons, they're extremely fun to play. The best songs are the ones that are fun, and I don't think that a few sticklers for complete accuracy are worth screwing up solos over.

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Only hammer-ons I see in most songs are correctly place, not just one string of green hammer-ons.

Either that or I don't get it.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
JackFr  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overwin wrote:
JackFr wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Only hammer-ons I see in most songs are correctly place, not just one string of green hammer-ons.

Either that or I don't get it.

What I'm saying is that there are strum notes that should be charted as hammerons for the sake of being fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackFr wrote:
What I'm saying is that there are strum notes that should be charted as hammerons for the sake of being fun.

It would be easier to discuss if you gave examples.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
JackFr wrote:

It would be easier to discuss if you gave examples.

The hook in Satch Boogie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: