FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Official Note Chart Opinions Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: The Official Note Chart Opinions Thread! Reply with quote

Mirroring the thread we have for this on the GH side, post your opinions on any note charts here! All instruments, on-disc or DLC, are welcome to post their criticisms. We don't ask much from this thread, but please be respectful with your opinions, please use the format listed below:

Song:

Instrument:

Difficulty:

Opinions:

and don't flame others for their opinions. Otherwise, go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get off to a good start

Song: Sin Wagon

Instrument: Guitar

Difficulty: Expert

Opinions: Even as much as most people (and me) hate country, this is one of the most fun guitar charts I have ever played. And this song isnt THAT bad. The solos are very fun, but give a great challenge at the same time. Plus the main riffs are very hand twisting, but are also very fun.

Rating (by how fun)- 10.

Song: Brainpower
Instrument: Vocals
Opinions: This is just a very annoying chart. I feel like I have to switch octaves too much throughout the song. Not to mention the mischarted "brainpowerrrrrrrr". Then at the end that talkie comes out of nowhere, and is very easy to miss.

Last edited by Southparkhero on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Nollaig  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Opinions on Notecharts (on-disc or DLC) thread! Reply with quote

Song: Prostitute

Opinions: I love this notechart, It is my favorite song from Chinese Democracy and HMX done an awesome job with it, they charted Axl's piano outro which I love. The Solo's are charted really well too but one of the sustains on the 1st solo, there seems to be some moderately fast tremelo not charted. Overall a brilliant chart for a brilliant song 9/10

Last edited by Nollaig on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Noel Pearse PSN Name: Noel_Pearse
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Master Exploder

Difficulty: All

Problem with it: Second phrase needs to diaf. Its too difficult to hit, especially if you dont want to crack your voice doing it.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: E-Pro

Difficulty: All (I guess)

Problem with it: The bridge is just outside of my (and all of my friends who play Rock Band vocals) vocal range. I always need to octave shift mid-phrase at this part and I'm yet to hit every phrase in a single run (I have hit all of the bridge phrases in different runs, however).
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Idealistic Types

Instrument: Drums

Opinions: While I REALLY enjoy listening to this song and playing it on the other instruments, it had potential on drums. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of really fast double kicks that just really kill it for me. They can be really annoying in many diffierent ways. Outside of that, though, the song is pretty enojyable. I'd give it a 5/10.
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Electric Crown by Testament

Opinions: Massively underrated chart. The main riff is fun but not too difficult, and towards the end varies a little to throw you off. There's 2 solos, which are both full of great HO/PO sections and no annoying 'strum faster than the game allows' sections, which makes it an amazing chart altogether. My only problem with it is the Gold Star cutoff seems very high (186k). Even pulling together a really good run, my highest is 185k (>_>), whereas it seems a similar performance in another song would be Gold Star material (not in terms of points but performance overall).

Overall: 9/10, more Guitarists need to get this!
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of minor nitpicks- let me know what you think:

Song: Debaser, Guitar, Expert (Chart)

Opinion: The final note sounds wrong- the chart should have ended one note earlier.

Song: 3's & 7's, Guitar, Expert (Chart)

Opinion: The very end of the outro solo feels like it needs another note- it sounds like it should end as YOYBYB BY---- (the underlined B isn't there but sounds like it should be).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Wanted Dead or Alive

Opinions: It's severly mischarted. The chords in the verses should primarily be 5 and 6 note chords. Of course they can't chart it like this, but maybe they should have thrown in some 3 note chords to make it a little less drastically undercharted.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Run to the Hills (Original Version)
Instrument: Bass

Opinion: While it is mostly triplets, their are a few small changes every know and then - either a note is added or left out. With the combination of it being a great song, the same basic line with some minor differences plus a difficult bridge, it is fun to listen to and fun to play.

Rating: 9.5/10

----------------------------------------------------------

Song: Number of the Beast (Original Version)
Instrument: Bass

Opinion: All strums in the intro/outro, which made it less fun, for me anyway. After that it's basically just strumming - luckily in the second solo, there are some fun little triplets that will wake you up. Unfortunately, that's the only interesting part.

Rating: 7/10

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Run to the Hills

Song: Run to the Hills

Opinion: It's also somewhat wrongly charted. The very first notes (blue then hammer-on to orange) are mischarted. All of those should be one note, you strum two strings simultaneously then bend the highest one (orange in this case) and bends aren't typically charted as different notes so I think it should be a blue-orange chord. And with the red hammer-on to yellow (all of the ones like those) it should be a chord.

Song: Living on a Prayer

Opinion: The end of the solo is mischarted. Instead of being

It should be

That's all.

I hate freticons; please read my freticons in order of color and from bottom to top.

And in a simpler form, it should change from the chain of 4 notes and 5 hammer-ons to 3 different triplets

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
SirRobin1tothe3  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Lucky Denver Mint

Opinions: Owww. EDIT: Despite realism, I think for the sake of playability some of the chord changes should have been ho/po chords.
PhillyPride88  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: Feeling This

Opinions: I absolutely love that roll after the chorus. The whole entire song is quite fun actually, but yeah...that roll is something else

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song: The Feeling

Opinions: Wow. This song is very fun, and a huge challenge to gold star and FC. Fast-paced beats riddled with manageable double bass shoot this song into the top 5 of the Free 20.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
Louis2  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song Prequel To The Sequel
Instrument Guitar
Opinions The beginning is auwsome!!! Totally the most epic free 20 song!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 226277041478
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: