FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drums and squeezing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BFI  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats probably whats happening.

Whats the earliest possible to hit the crash?

Ive only managed a 1/32 but if its possible to do it 3 1/64s early there may be potential for squeezing notes that are 1/16 before the crash.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BFI wrote:
thats probably whats happening.

Whats the earliest possible to hit the crash?

Ive only managed a 1/32 but if its possible to do it 3 1/64s early there may be potential for squeezing notes that are 1/16 before the crash.

Odds are that would prove fruitless, since if you hit the crash as early as possible, you would then be guaranteed to hit the end-squeeze note under 4x since you couldn't possibly hit the note under OD (aka earlier in the timing window than you hit the crash). Since most of the end squeeze notes are Bass+Pad = 200 points, and most 16th notes phantom note possibilities would likely be a single pad note = 200 points, they would cancel out.

While there are likely to be situations where this would be beneficial, they would be far and few between, and it would be crazy difficult, assuming it's even possible.
BFI  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would depend on if the window for hitting a regular note is the same, if you can hit the crash 3/64ths early, you can hit the end note 3/64ths early, getting both the extra note in the fill along with the end note.

All of it depends on how big these windows actually are and yes, that would be crazy hard but maybe possible?
82erkle  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun and flash factor I noticed once when I came down and outwards I hit the green and kept going with the stick like a katana and then scraped it over the rim, and it counted as another hit.
I was thinking of how useful this would be for the the FP/LT intro part if I could work on just coming down and scraping out to the rim.
then I thought about squeezing them G's on the OD fills. Seems to work, but Im no pro.
I was going into fill not at 4x and coming out with more streak so I think it does work.
I tried the slice rim w/ a bass and kept combo after so I may be working.
I still wanna try it with foreplay long time.
Jonathan000  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an awesome find

good work fellas

[X] Buy RB2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: