FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drums and squeezing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laconic wrote:
You can get more than 200 points from a squeeze of the phantom notes. You can squeeze both ends at once. I was playing ITIP (medium), and on the first fill, I pulled 400 from the phantom notes (200 for kick, 200 for green). I also extended the end of the OD to squeeze in two more notes into the OD (another 200 points).

This give me a guess of a max score on ITIP (medium) of 100,075 using the OD path 1-1-2. Unfortunately I didn't squeeze the other two OD properly.

If anyone wants it I can put up a video of the first OD.

Do you mean you can also squeeze notes at the beginning of a fill? I'm not quite sure what you're saying...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
laconic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read and watch here. Also a correction, I now think it's 99,875 for ITIP (medium).
usernameNA  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats kinda funny cause Im not a drummer, but I always hit bass with the cymbol on OD sections

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowhand wrote:
For once I'd like to see playing the song perfectly was actually good enough.

I completely agree.

Luckily, for Expert difficulty squeezing is (like in GH) but a fraction of your score. Someone who can squeeze like crazy but has trouble with fast notes will be easily defeated (in overall score) by someone who could, say, do well on RTTH.
Enter77  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disquette wrote:
Echelar wrote:
Actually, I just figured this out today as well. The bass drum IS registering as an extra note, and you get 8x for it.\

Thanks for the info. I can't FC any of them on expert, but I did FC Gimme Shelter on Hard, and was disappointed to see that it wasn't enough points to tie for first. I was wondering how that could happen.
It also is effected by the OD paths.

Expert drums career score goals RB1:
9.5 Mil. [X] | 10 Mil. [X] | 10.5 Mil. []
samrouthier  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are phantom notes only the notes that are under the overdrive section if you didn't get overdrive, or are they any note you please? Like say i was playing creep and the real note after the OD phrase (the freestyle one) is red, will the phantom note only count if i hit red? or can i hit green and get points without breaking combo?

*ding*
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: rageamtxxxx Wii Friend Code: 017300414031
Serges  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be the correct underlying note.

Typically, most fill sections end with a G+O combo, so just adding the kick in means 200 extra points most (but not ALL) of the time.

I've tried "double-squeezing" by hitting the OD green early, then hitting G+O, but I can never seem to pull the 400 points out of it.

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
laconic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely you are getting the 400 points. You're just losing another 200 points at the other end of overdrive because you ended the fill too early.
Serges  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my wife watch my score in OD fills. She consistently says it's only going up by 200 when I come out of the fill, not 400.

Someday I'll set up the camera and see for myself...

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
DarinThomas7  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I never really put in the time and effort to really grasp the full capabilities on squeezing. I do my own custom fills, then activate with a G+O trying to suck in the extra points at the end of OD with an early hit on a note "not supposed to be in the OD duration." This method on Gimme Shelter (Hard) for example, I originally beat my previous score by 300 with the same NS, and with a re-re-FC, I improved 200 more (500 total over initial FC) with 1 NS higher using the exact same method as my 2nd FC.

So shortly after posting this, I turn on my PS2 and decide to play Gimme Shelter and see if I cant get that extra 200 points I was behind 1st by (still using the squeeze method I described above) and here is the result...

I dobt this will add any incite to the discussion, just figured it throw it out there. (lot of these easy-FC songs have had the same effect for me, matter of what sticks on what run I guess).
Reach Top 5 [ ] (10th, this will be another long process)
*** Previous Goals for Expert Drums (PS2) ***
Complete all Songs [X] (58/58) YES!!!
Reach top 10 PS2 [X]
15 FC's [X] (15/15)
9 Million points [X]
DemonWolf21  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this, I now know how i got an extra 100pts on my Gimme Shelter FC. I'm gonna have to use this more often

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thnk so gurn.....i kno on juke box hero there is a bass like almost in the green symbol...but if u dont play it u dont ruin your combo or any thing but if u hit it u get points for it
Jakefrikin  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if what violin hero is saying is true than if one is to hit the green and the bass at the end of a fill wen there IS NOT an underlying bass or crash in the song at that point will you automatically break combo? Also, what if there is an underlying green note below the fill but not bass, can you still double hit the crash to squeeze in that underlying green without hitting the bass pedal. If so this could lead to a series of painstakingly more complicated optimal paths for drum songs that will make me want to throw up.

Goals:

GH:

Log [X]
El Jefe [X]
Admit to myself that rockband is better than ghIII [X]

Rockband Goals:

Beat expert career for all instruments [damn you fp/lt vocals, NEXT TIME PERDUCCI, NEXT TIMME!]
Rank top 250 Expert drums [X]
Rank top 150 Expert drums [X]
Beat everything in World Tour with all stars [HAHA NEVER EVER GONNA HAPPEN]
Rank a top 100 band by fans [ ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jake frikin
violinhero86  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's right. Basically, figure out which notes would be in the chart if the fill weren't there, then hit green (to actvate OD) followed by those notes.
Swarmy  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakefrikin wrote:
if one is to hit the green and the bass at the end of a fill wen there IS NOT an underlying bass or crash in the song at that point will you automatically break combo?

Yep, this happens to me on China Cat Sunflower all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: