FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CALLING ALL RB PROS - ORGANIZING HUGE EVENT! - VOTING STATES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
xtremecarbon wrote:
Or a Disney World convention center?

This is a very good idea.

If you hold it someplace where there are other things to draw people, I think you are more likely to get a large group. I go to a karate tournament that's held at one of the Disney resorts every year (been going since 2000), and I keep going back because I can have a little mini-vacation while I'm down there for the tournament. Since they have it at a Disney resort, there are deals that participants can get like half-day tickets to the parks (so you can go from like 4pm on at a discount after you finish tournament activities). That tournament is the biggest tournament in the country to my knowledge, with competitors from all over the US and dozens of other countries, too. Plus, since Disney & ESPN are partners or whatever, it is the only tournament I can think of that gets TV coverage every year. (If you have seen the karate tournament on ESPN2, that's this one.) You're certainly allowing for more media exposure.

Plus, if you are doing it at a Disney place, you know you're keeping it kid- and teen-friendly, which is pretty important for something like this. You want a venue that's not limited to 18 & Up or 21 & Up.

If the event is held near Disney in Orlando then I would have no problem helping run it or getting sponsors to help with the event. As that I have run plenty of tournaments in the area, I have a ton of contacts.

Either way, the idea is wonderful and I'd love to see this happen.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
haytradyl33  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if you did it in New York. It's a big city, and a lot of people would want to visit it. We would also get a lot of audience because of the big population.

And if you end up doing this, is it going to be tourney style (high score) or party style (high score AND style, costumes, etc)? I'd vote foor the second of the two. It would be interesting to see people in their costumes rocking out, and it would encourage more people to join without them being turned off by the competitive atmosphere of people searching optimal paths.

As said before, I'd love to see this happen. It could become REALLY huge, and we might even see some well known players there (ATU anyone? )

EDIT: Last question, what about DLC?
Bulltill  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really cool idea, I hope this happens sometime, But just for some info, is this going to be tournament style only? or will there also just be recreational play, just so you can play with those friends you play with everyday on xbl, psn, but actually in person?

Yevrag35  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulltill wrote:
This is a really cool idea, I hope this happens sometime, But just for some info, is this going to be tournament style only? or will there also just be recreational play, just so you can play with those friends you play with everyday on xbl, psn, but actually in person?

It would probably be both i'm guessing, because you know some ppl might just wanna do rec playing or some might be in it for the competition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Yevrag35
GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definately do both types of tournaments.... and be really really careful who you trust to work with.

I would love for Game Universe to be majorly involved with this even still.
KirbySH  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida would be nice to cover the Southeast US
thebeast666  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be in Islip, NY.
TDKSamurai  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York is my vote. I'll be there if it is. Depending on how good I get, I'll be there for further away too.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it could possibly happen, Minnesota would be a wonderful choice (mall of AMERICA people)

it might not be possible though but i can't give my hopes up

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
NintendoMan74  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that NY would be a great state to do it in. Especially Western New York, somewhere like Buffalo. (heh, that way, I could get in no problem, because I live there)
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I also agree with NYC. I'm wondering, what instrument is this for?
matt6662  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have it a traveling RB mass gathering, like a music festival (such as Gigantour, or Priestfest) and have it make stops in all 50 states (or 48 continental)

Also, may not wanna make it XFest, XFest is the name off an annual rock music festival here in my town XD

GH Thread RB Thread

[quote:a154c9c13e="Matt"]I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Sangerman  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about having two on two separate weekends?
One could be for western side
One for eastern side
and maybe one for Canadians, although not many people would go to that lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: East Coast Reply with quote

My vote would be for some place like Cincinnati Ohio but if that doesn't cut it I would probably vote for NY or some place around there just cuz I wouldn't want to travel far XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: