FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CALLING ALL RB PROS - ORGANIZING HUGE EVENT! - VOTING STATES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TH3DARKM3TAL  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgoscohockey027 wrote:
jake im offended :P

sorry dude as soon as i saw your name i remembered lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOM

I am willing to consider making this event happen at next year's GameUniCon... This would be happening in the summer near Boston or in March in a location that I can't reveal until it's definite on the east coast.

We will have the location.... and although we can't offer the money this year next year it is more than feasible to make this the biggest RB GH event ever.

You should come to this year's and talk to me after you see what we do there. PM me and we will talk! We also have the huge concert with Bang Camaro, Freezepop, Jesus Candy, Powerglove and more.
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think I already know the answer to this but I'm still asking for the heck of it.. this is only for pro's right?

Edit: Never mind, re-read OP and it's clear now
VinnySibel.com  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameUniverse wrote:
DDOM

I am willing to consider making this event happen at next year's GameUniCon... This would be happening in the summer near Boston or in March in a location that I can't reveal until it's definite on the east coast.

We will have the location.... and although we can't offer the money this year next year it is more than feasible to make this the biggest RB GH event ever.

You should come to this year's and talk to me after you see what we do there. PM me and we will talk! We also have the huge concert with Bang Camaro, Freezepop, Jesus Candy, Powerglove and more.

It would be a pretty good idea to host it here, but the location would be a major obstacle for people in NJ, NY, CA, etc. to get to.

GameUniverse  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't think the massachusetts location is good you may like that the March event is actually IN a major city. Not NY not Boston sad to say though it may be great to have Rock Band and Guitar Hero asbig events.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have this in South Carolina? Or a Disney World convention center? That would be awesome. By summer 2010 I will have a new car but there is no way in heck I am going all the way out to Cali...

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
DDOM2  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since were not getting anywhere with this random clutter, here's MY official poll consisting of four favoured states. GOGO VOTE!

http://www.acepolls.com/polls/991640-where-should-the-rbgh-fest-be-held

nipps  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you should have the tournament in neppah ot gniog ton, hawaii....

i would travel to hawaii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
Or a Disney World convention center?

This is a very good idea.

If you hold it someplace where there are other things to draw people, I think you are more likely to get a large group. I go to a karate tournament that's held at one of the Disney resorts every year (been going since 2000), and I keep going back because I can have a little mini-vacation while I'm down there for the tournament. Since they have it at a Disney resort, there are deals that participants can get like half-day tickets to the parks (so you can go from like 4pm on at a discount after you finish tournament activities). That tournament is the biggest tournament in the country to my knowledge, with competitors from all over the US and dozens of other countries, too. Plus, since Disney & ESPN are partners or whatever, it is the only tournament I can think of that gets TV coverage every year. (If you have seen the karate tournament on ESPN2, that's this one.) You're certainly allowing for more media exposure.

Plus, if you are doing it at a Disney place, you know you're keeping it kid- and teen-friendly, which is pretty important for something like this. You want a venue that's not limited to 18 & Up or 21 & Up.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
mickmister  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
xtremecarbon wrote:
Or a Disney World convention center?

This is a very good idea.

If you hold it someplace where there are other things to draw people, I think you are more likely to get a large group. I go to a karate tournament that's held at one of the Disney resorts every year (been going since 2000), and I keep going back because I can have a little mini-vacation while I'm down there for the tournament. Since they have it at a Disney resort, there are deals that participants can get like half-day tickets to the parks (so you can go from like 4pm on at a discount after you finish tournament activities). That tournament is the biggest tournament in the country to my knowledge, with competitors from all over the US and dozens of other countries, too. Plus, since Disney & ESPN are partners or whatever, it is the only tournament I can think of that gets TV coverage every year. (If you have seen the karate tournament on ESPN2, that's this one.) You're certainly allowing for more media exposure.

Plus, if you are doing it at a Disney place, you know you're keeping it kid- and teen-friendly, which is pretty important for something like this. You want a venue that's not limited to 18 & Up or 21 & Up.

smart one-girl-band person is smart ^__^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about las vegas?
jakeplaysgolf  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm what exactly qualifies one to be a pro?
DDOM2  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakeplaysgolf wrote:
umm what exactly qualifies one to be a pro?

its not specifically pro, just competitive generally.

jakeplaysgolf  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am fairly competitive, does this make me pro lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: